22 replies to this topic

#1 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

I don't usually watch mainstream network TV but this show piqued my interest.  First show is almost over and I gotta say I'm really liking it.

For those that don't know about the show (I'm too lazy to do a synopsis):

http://blog.zap2it.c...st-perfect.html

#2 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

Fun so far

#3 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

I'm going to have to rewatch the show because I kept getting texts and couldn't really concentrate on what was going on.  Lots of action though, and it looks like the actors are pretty well cast so far (LOVE that they cast the dude from the English office as the computer/genius nerd).

#4 CarolinaPanthersCynic

CarolinaPanthersCynic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

Didn't watch. Looks like the dumbest looking show since the one about dinosaurs to me.

#5 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,470 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

Michael Ealy has proven in the past to be a really solid actor (Miracle at St Anna).

I didn't watch and I doubt I will because big network shows generally turn out to be terrible, but I'll keep an eye on this one.

#6 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

Michael Ealy has proven in the past to be a really solid actor (Miracle at St Anna).

I didn't watch and I doubt I will because big network shows generally turn out to be terrible, but I'll keep an eye on this one.

I'm not sure that I would use Miracle at St Anna as any sort of recommendation for acting chops. That movie was fuging terrible. 

#7 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,161 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

I have a hard time watching new shows because so many that I have liked have been cancelled. I watched with the wife though, and it's ok.

#8 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,483 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

Have it recorded, plan to watch.  I like the actors and Minka is in it.

As per usual however, it's sci fi and won't last...

#9 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,470 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

I'm not sure that I would use Miracle at St Anna as any sort of recommendation for acting chops. That movie was fuging terrible.

I only saw it once many years ago, but I loved it when I first saw it. Severely underrated movie, and if you didn't like it, the acting wasn't the problem. People just tend to hate on Spike Lee's stuff for being too pushy and extreme.

#10 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

I only saw it once many years ago, but I loved it when I first saw it. Severely underrated movie, and if you didn't like it, the acting wasn't the problem. People just tend to hate on Spike Lee's stuff for being too pushy and extreme.

What?!?!

The acting was probably the worst part of the movie. But all around, it was a terrible flick, the message was cliche and forced and the plot twists were mindnumbingly awful.

#11 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,162 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

If I had cable, I'd watch it for Karl Urban. Tremendous man-crush on that guy. Besides that, not very interested, and I think he deserves better.

#12 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,408 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

Have it recorded, plan to watch.  I like the actors and Minka is in it.

As per usual however, it's sci fi and won't last...

Most of the time, yes, but this is the team that brought us Fringe (amazing series) and Fringe got a good 5 years despite not having amazing ratings but still having good critical ratings.   Fox is better than the other networks albeit not a lot better though.  But they seem to give this Bad Robot team more lee-way.   This show seems to bank on the "cop-drama" as much as "sci-fi" so we'll see if that helps.

I just worry it's things we've all seen before.  The "android that is life-like that wants to be human" has been done a ton of times but maybe it'll be different.  The good thing is, the guy who plays Dorian is so far stealing the show, but Urban is still doing great and really feels legit for the role.   I don't expect an amazing show here but a good show that is fun to watch (like Person of Interest is).  

#13 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,470 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

What?!?!

The acting was probably the worst part of the movie. But all around, it was a terrible flick, the message was cliche and forced and the plot twists were mindnumbingly awful.

Like I said, I only saw it when it first came out. I could be totally wrong. I'm 19 now, so I was like 14 at the time. I remember it as a good movie though.

#14 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

Looks like it had a solid premiere.  http://insidetv.ew.c...-human-ratings/

#15 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 6,910 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

It’s not bad so far but not great either. Basically it’s a lot of stuff we’ve seen before but it could get better over the season.

Of course since its set in the future it has to have a location that looks like it came out of Blade Runner. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.