Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Pereira's take on the no-call

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

According to the rules of the game.... (which don't apply the the cheating Patiots)...

any pass blocked or picked off, the pass is deemed "uncatchable"

those are the rules. If ya don't like it, fug off.

exactly. I don't understand the controversy?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

2nd time luke has done it. Both worked in our favor but sooner or later the ref will call it against us.

Posted · Report post

That call would have essentially given the Pats the game. That's exactly why you don't call it

Posted · Report post

I don't think there is anything wrong with picking flags back up.  You have to go with the right call.  

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

It was a bad call and I don't give a fugg. NE fans complaining about bad calls.......bwahahahahahahahahaha......wait.....hahahahahahahaha. That franchise has no credibility complaining about bad calls. Karma is a bitch. Patriots can lick my left nut

That no call didn't decide the game
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

That was the football gods repaying a debt for the bogus PI call that took lukes int away in the bills game.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'll take the win but let's not act as if that was a clear cut call, Luke needs to cut that bs out before it cost us. Every since that V Jax catch last year he's been mugging the poo out of receivers,just play coverage and don't give the refs anything to throw a flag about.

With That being Said Fug the Pats and Scrum Brady

Posted · Report post

Lost all respect for him. Sticking with a bad decision just because "it's already been made" is a ridiculously stupid mentality to have in LIFE, not just a football game.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

2nd time luke has done it. Both worked in our favor but sooner or later the ref will call it against us.

3th.
Bill's game, did get called.

Posted · Report post

I'll take the win but let's not act as if that was a clear cut call, Luke needs to cut that bs out before it cost us. Every since that V Jax catch last year he's been mugging the poo out of receivers,just play coverage and don't give the refs anything to throw a flag about.

With That being Said Fug the Pats and Scrum Brady

I agree. This poo will catch up with us. We still gotta face Jimmy graham twice. I'd like to see a more disciplined coverage with those types of TEs. As far as the call, refs make bad calls all the time and they pick up flags all the time. If the ref just properly explained the no call as per the NFL rule book instead of "there is no foul, game is over, i'm outta here" this wouldn't be news
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yeah i just don't want our guys on d to have to deal with a situation like that after they played good all game, Luke's initial coverage was great

Posted · Report post

[qt] You could make a case that the pass might have been uncatachable, but the flag was thrown and you should stay with it. My thoughts [/qt]

[qt] My thoughts..Since the flag was thrown they should have stayed with the call. There was clear contact before the ball was intercepted. More. [/qt]

Sounds to me that he just doesn't want to say the Patriots should have lost the game.

In regards to "they threw the flag the should have stuck with it", it looked to me he one reference threw the flag so they could discuss it. Easier to pick up the flag than to not throw it then decide later it should have been a penalty. My main evidence to this fact is that the guy that threw the flag is the one that called the other official over to discuss it.

His logic that "because the flag was thrown, they should have stayed with it" is complete and utter bullshit.  Whether they stayed with the call or not, the discussion by the refs was EXACTLY what they should have done.  The ref that threw the flag was watchign Gronk and Keek.....and there was some contact.  He was not focused on the ball.

The other ref focused on the ball and the catch clearly made the right call that the ball was completely uncatchable.  It was nearly 10 yards away from Gronk.

The refs made the right call that you don't let contact with a player who has zero shot at catching the ball be a call that decides the game.

And if the whiney fucking chowder heads and medio don't like it....they can kiss my white hairy ass.

1 person likes this