Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big A

Panthers Defense

153 posts in this topic

Panthers defense defended on 7 drives, allowed points on 5, other two were well inside FG range but forced a fumble on 1 time ended on final play for other one.

Saints defense defended on 14 drives and allowed scores on 6. One of the the scores was a FG after Graham stopped running his route bc of his injured foot and Pats intercept ball in red zone. Defense prevented TD and since drive started in FG range, can't blame defense for that score, so real only difference was the final play. Pats won after getting away with holding, Panthers won after getting away with holding,

At end of the day ,

Panthers defense allowed scores on 87.5 % of Brady's drives and could have been 100% if the kicked FG, while Saints Defense allowed scores on 43% of Brady drives all while having to defense for exactly twice as many drives since they didn't get a lot of help from offense that day.

This post solidifies as fact that you have zero understanding of defensive philosophies. You should quit making a fool of yourself. Probably far too late.

Total defense is ALWAYS done in yards per game. If you use points, that's called Scoring Defense.

Here is an example article for you:

Saints rise to fourth in total defense in latest NFL stats

After holding their opponent to fewer than 200 yards for the second week in a row, the Saints’ defense moved up three more spots to fourth in total yards allowed in the updated NFL stats.

The Saints held the San Francisco 49ers to 196 total yards after giving up 191 in their previous game against the Dallas Cowboys and soared from seventh to fourth.

The Saints, who were allowing 333.1 yards per game just two weeks ago following a 26-20 loss to the New York Jets, are giving up 305.4 yards a game.

http://blogs.theadvocate.com/blackandgold/2013/11/19/saints-rise-to-fourth-in-total-defense-in-latest-nfl-stats/

Total Defense is measured in yards

This is the first place you mentioned "Total" Defense....no

I pulled my rankings from Points Per Game as it is a truer measure of the quality of offense and defense.

How can you read with that ignore feature on?

If you are so intelligent how come why can't you figure out that he can read your posts when other people quote you?

Dumbass!

2 people like this

Actually, I have no idea where fatass is getting that NE has the 20th ranked defense.

They're ranked 13th in total yards, and 7th in points.  That's not a weak defense by any means.

Not to mention their offensive standings are misleading since they are JUST now at full-power offensively.  The importance of Gronk and Vereen to that offense can't be understated, and they just recently got them back.

And we still beat them.  The Saints didn't.

Honestly, if the refs hadn't called so many ticky tack calls in the Pats favor that game that extended so many of their drives on 3rd/4th down, we wouldn't even be talking about that final play with Luke and Gronk.  Instead it'd be, "Good game Panthers.  Convincing win."

If anything, I'll just think of that final non-call as the refs giving us a nod after some of the BS.

1454915_229091727252979_2052938670_n.jpg

All but 4 guys all in negative grade? Just 2 sacks, one from blocking mistake that left guy unblocked?

So finally facing a good offense, where was the amazing defense?

Brady drove the ball on every drive:

First drive stopped just outside FG range when blocking mistake allows sack, one of only 2 sacks the entire game

Second stopped 13 yards out on fumble not Brady's fault.

Scored on every single remaining drive of game except final drive ending on a picked up penalty,

So they couldn't stop the Pats offense from moving ball at will, and applied less pressure to Brady than the Pats depleted D line was able to put on Cam.

Just wanted to point out Saints offense better than the one they couldn't stop last night, but with a defense almost statistically identical to SF and ranked 4th.

Bucs > Saints

I guess then that would mean Bucs > Panthers

PFF

I like how y'all dug up this thread and what I said about Brady slicing up the Panthers D, looks like I was spot on! Not too bad for someone that according to y'all has zero basic football knowledge!? Lol

Let me reiterate my post you pointed out:

So they couldn't stop the Pats offense from moving ball at will, and applied less pressure to Brady than the Pats depleted D line was able to put on Cam.

Just wanted to point out Saints offense better than the one they couldn't stop last night, but with a defense almost statistically identical to SF and ranked 4th.

hey fat fug....what happened to your team in Seattle????  huh....where's my fifteen page report?

our secondary is dogshit, but we will improve it next season. last year we improved the linebacking core, this year we went from one of the worst d-lines to one of the best, next season, we'll finally kick captain to the curb and fix our corner situation. i have a gut feeling (that means i fuging hope) that says we'll sign charles tillman in FA.

yeah pat you really stuck your neck out by saying that the saints would score points on the panthers in the super dome.  what balls that took.

1 person likes this