A new Panthers Fan!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*

Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

I've always did my best to indoctrinate my son with my sports loves. He had panthers jerseys, pj's, tshirts, bibs, pacifiers, bottles, onsies, anything with a panthers logo, I would buy it. But he never could sit through a game with me at home. The first game we went to, he was 6 and we left at halftime because he was bored, and we were getting our butts handed to us. On Monday Night, things changed. With 2 minutes to go, I looked over and saw him with his arms tucked in his coat complaining about the cold. When Cam threw that TD to Ginn I looked over at him, he had taken his coat off to let his #89 black jersey show with pride, while jumping around like a wild man...The proudest moment as a dad so far! Screw the A honor roll, my son just fell in love with MY football team! I know this isn't breaking panthers news, but I wanted to tell this story, I'm so proud......

Attached Files

#2 49erPanther

49erPanther

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

Congrats! I remember falling in love with the panthers, and not justa casual fan at the start of that magical superbowl season. I was maybe 8 or 9 at the time.

#3 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

I used to drag my dad to Hornets games. He just didn't appreciate sports the way I do. Enjoy that, I envy you a little.

#4 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,602 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:40 AM

Your son is CEO material.

#5 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,753 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:40 AM

I hope to share a moment like that in the future with my son.

congratulations man!!

#6 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,602 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:41 AM

I used to drag my dad to Hornets games. He just didn't appreciate sports the way I do. Enjoy that, I envy you a little.

Son, is that you?

#7 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,386 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:41 AM

You, sir, have been a little piece of history this week that is helping restore my faith in humanity. Salute.

#8 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:44 AM

It was the black uniforms

#9 Verge

Verge

Huddle Captain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:45 AM

Bandwagon

#10 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

I love this season!

#11 Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*

Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

As we were walking down the ramp he was yelling at pats fans telling the the Patriots suck...that's a nugget we kept from his mother...he also asked for a Cam Newton jersey....His name is Cam.

#12 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,426 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:51 AM

I've always did my best to indoctrinate my son with my sports loves. He had panthers jerseys, pj's, tshirts, bibs, pacifiers, bottles, onsies, anything with a panthers logo, I would buy it. But he never could sit through a game with me at home. The first game we went to, he was 6 and we left at halftime because he was bored, and we were getting our butts handed to us. On Monday Night, things changed. With 2 minutes to go, I looked over and saw him with his arms tucked in his coat complaining about the cold. When Cam threw that TD to Ginn I looked over at him, he had taken his coat off to let his #89 black jersey show with pride, while jumping around like a wild man...The proudest moment as a dad so far! Screw the A honor roll, my son just fell in love with MY football team! I know this isn't breaking panthers news, but I wanted to tell this story, I'm so proud......

It is up to us to create the next wave of Panther fans.  My daughters are true Panther fans as well.  I started taking them to games in 2006 and we try to go every year (not this year sadly)  They love going and have a great time.  

It is awesome that he has caught the fever.

Go Panthers

#13 Krucid

Krucid

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:51 AM

Congratulations. Has to an awesome feeling.

#14 Oldmanrivera

Oldmanrivera

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:52 AM

Ah poo man those feelz.

I just had an awesome time with my dad, who is the reason I am a panthers fan today. 

After not having seen my father in a few years, I went to visit him for his birthday and watch pats vs car game.

I cannot remember a better time that I have had watching a panthers game. It was over the top, I can't believe how great this game is kind of enjoyable. From Cam's first throw to Steve, all the way down to the "controversial call".

Carolina Panthers gave my dad, what was undoubtedly the greatest birthday present ever.

And made all the patriots fans in the world extremely butthurt.

#15 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,522 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:26 AM

Love it! Where do you guys live?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com