What Dolphins Fans are Saying...

162 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The Pats game was a shootout.  There were just extremely long drives by both offenses

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Our D did play poorly in a lot of respects. Tacking was horrible, gap fits were off, backside contain was lost more than once, CB's missing jams.

All of this is correctable, I see a week of focusing on fundamentals heading into Miami.

Luckily, were so good we overcame these issues, but it's got to get fixed.

Posted · Report post

Cam is playing on a different level this year. He wants wins. All of them. This team will be ready for Miami

Posted · Report post

I think Bradys going to start lighting up defenses.. I mean LIGHTING them up. I'm going on a limb and saying they'll win against Denver by 20... Vereen is very good, great on screen. Gronks back, best all purpose TE in football. WRs are emerging. How we played them was ...good enough to win. And ill take it. This Miami offense is a FRACTION of what the Pats offense is... in every way.

Posted · Report post

Ron and the D would prob be the first to say they did not have a good showing.

Rivera did say it - watch his press conferene from after the game

Posted · Report post

Here's where the silver lining comes in from this national perception of how we just won. If it's annoying you, think about how the team feels about it. I like it better than 100% praise being heaped on them after Monday night. They stay hungry Sunday and take care of business.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

So you think allowing a team to only punt 1 time all game is ok? Forget good. We had a poor performance defensively. Same as the Patriots. Neither team was able to get off the field on 3rd down and allowed the other team to drive down the entire field on each possession. 

Our D did play poorly in a lot of respects. Tacking was horrible, gap fits were off, backside contain was lost more than once, CB's missing jams.

All of this is correctable, I see a week of focusing on fundamentals heading into Miami.

Luckily, were so good we overcame these issues, but it's got to get fixed.

Just a friendly word of advice fellas.... Watch out on how you criticize the Panthers defense. Huddlers will come out from every rock to bash your logic, even though our very own Head Coach admitted the teams tackling and coverage was not impressive... Many of these Huddlers will look past that and still shoot responses of "Stop Posting Now!!!" "I guess our defense sucks then right??" "Your ignorance is laughable"

Posted · Report post

I watched Riveras press conference and heard what Rivera said - and the pants almost lost to Buffalo -  the pats and brady are a far cry from the team they were a few years ago.  As is Pittsburg regardless of their stats.

anything goes in Divisional football. look at Tampa last week... heck, keep an eye on Atlanta this week. you never know. 

Posted · Report post

I'm going to say Rivera was not happy with our performance Monday night so we come out and only allow the dolphins 10, Offense puts up 31. This is a statement game for us because the media has done nothing but disrespect us.

Posted · Report post

This is a trap game, after defeating both the Pats and the Niners, Miami should be an easy win, but no, its not going to be easy so once again they must give everything.

And because this is supposed to be an easier game they should secure our ranking and the Panthers must play their best football.

GO PANTHERS !

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Then you haven't watched much football this year.

The Patriots had just put up 55 in Pittsburgh against the #4 defense in the league.

In the end it was enough but they tackled quite poorly and allowed plays to get more than they could have after first contact. They could have been much better simply by tackling better and not getting penalties in big situations. 

Posted · Report post

yep, 20 pts is not a fair indicator of how much Pats O torched us. 

We just couldn't get off the field. IIRC The first half the only thing that got us off the field was a holding call, a fumble and a missed blocking assignment. The 2nd half the only thing that got us off the field was that terrible play call for a pass on 3rd and short. I'm most worried about not stopping their run game. It hasn't happened yet this season. If we can't stop the run going forward our whole defensive game plan is out the window.

that said, I think Pats have a top 3 offense going forward with all those weapons. They are also just a bad matchup for our D.