Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lightsout

Sons of Anarchy

110 posts in this topic

What was with all of the boo-hooing and hardened outlaw tears if the club was just going to turn around and let Jax walk?

They weren't letting him walk, they were letting him kill himself. Remember he said "i wouldn't put this burden on you guys." They knew he was going to die, he just didn't make them pull the trigger.

1 person likes this

I'm mixed on the finale. I think I would have rather had it end ambiguously than the whole suicide thing. That really came out of nowhere and seemed out of character.

I don't think it came out of nowhere.  I kind of thought that was the way it would end, Jax going out like his old man did.

I don't think it came out of nowhere.  I kind of thought that was the way it would end, Jax going out like his old man did.

His old man was killed by Clay Morrow. We know that from Season 4 ep 5. Brick.

From http://sonsofanarchy.wikia.com/wiki/John_Teller

Season Four:

Jax is shown to despise his father, believing him to be a coward for not leaving the club when he wanted to and just wrote about it. It is revealed later between Tara and Piney that John and Kellan were going to a meeting with the IRA to end the gun running business but was killed before it could happen. In "Brick" it is revealed that Clay had murdered J.T. and was sleeping with his wife.

So for him to go out like his old man would mean that Tara would be fuging Chibs and the two of them killed him.

His old man was killed by Clay Morrow. We know that from Season 4 ep 5. Brick.

From http://sonsofanarchy.wikia.com/wiki/John_Teller

So for him to go out like his old man would mean that Tara would be fuging Chibs and the two of them killed him.

His old man got run over by a truck

John was hit by a semi-truck, Nov. 11, 1993 and died two days later

It might have happened due to Clay messing with his bike, and some of the circumstances might have been different, but he still went out the way his old man did, getting hit by a Semi.  He was even riding his Dad's fully restored bike when it happened, and he was on the same road. 

Jax poetically dies on the same bike on the same road and in the same way as his father.

It's also been pointed out, I forget by which character, that JT knew every bolt on his bike and would have known something was wrong as soon as he started it, heavily implying it was suicide and he let it happen.

It's also been pointed out, I forget by which character, that JT knew every bolt on his bike and would have known something was wrong as soon as he started it, heavily implying it was suicide and he let it happen.

Jury, I believe. He had Jax really questioning everything.

So I guess I'm the only one that enjoyed it?

I kinda did, but I agree the last few seasons were subpar in comparison to the first few.

Sons of Anarchy = Shakespearean tragedy? 

Sons of Anarchy = Shakespearean tragedy? 

yep, was supposed to be Hamlet