Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNC Ends Louisville's 21 Game Winning Streak

66 posts in this topic

Posted

AWFUL QUIET IN HERE TODAY - Duke fans usually don't wake up before noon on workdays.

WAAAHHHHHHHHH JABARI PARKER WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BELMONT WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Because most of us are successful enough to be retired and not have to worry about getting up to go run the cash register at Wal-mart.  

Posted

Because most of us are successful enough to be retired and not have to worry about getting up to go run the cash register at Wal-mart.  

wah wahhhh wahhhhhhhhhhh

Posted

Come on there were questionable calls both ways, remember the 4-point play? Suliamon was laying on the ground and the guys lands on him.

Did we win? Yes. Did we deserve to win? Yes, we made plays at the end to win, hell our best defense we played the whole game was on the last play. Do we need to play better defense? Hell yes with the way the game is being called this year it's pretty easy for the ball handler to get to the basket and we don't have anyone in there to protect the rim. It was ugly but it's still a W and there is a lot to be learned from it.

You have to give a player room to land, you should know that better than anyone.

You guys got bailed out, simple as that

I didn't see Tokoto get a call when he was in the lane against Belmont...

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't understand why you heels fans don't just enjoy your big win, why do you care about what Duke did? unc had a good win enjoy it don't worry about Duke.

This coming from the person that started all the P.J. Hairston threads...

Pot meet kettle.

2 people like this

Posted

Next year has potential to be ridiculous. Just look at the backcourt clutter, it makes me shine with happiness.

Marcus Paige, Nate Britt, Joel Berry, Stillman White coming back, Dante Exum and Rashad Vaughn as legitimate possibilities to commit as well. And then in all honesty, PJ could probably use his senior year as redemption to help his stock climb up a bit more after this disaster of a year for him.

Granted, I'm sure PJ would be manning the 3 with a backcourt like that, but I digress.

If JMM stayed and PJ stayed... Duke vs UNC could be extremely fun next year, and we could be looking at #1 and #2 ranked teams. 

Joel Berry/Nate Britt at the 1

Marcus Paige/PJ at the 2

PJ/Theo Pinson/Justin Jackson at the 3

JMM/Isaiah Hicks/Brice Johnson at the 4

Kennedy Meeks/Joel James at the 5

A man can dream. That would be one dirty team right there, even without Exum or Vaughn.

On Stillman, is he coming back? I was under the impression Roy basically gave him a scholarship for the year, and after his mission they would be parting ways.

Exum will be in the NBA, not in college. He COULD play this season, but more than likely won't.

Vaughn would be a big get, but I haven't seen too many Carolina people confident on him.

Regardless of those 3, Carolina does have some great potential next season. I seriously doubt PJ comes back, but if he did, they would be a Top 3 team without question.

Posted

On the Duke game, since it's in this thread for some reason...I almost wanted Vermont to pull the upset. Duke better commit to the little things like boxing out and actually giving a poo on defense, or all that offensive fire power will be wasted this season. Luckily the season is young and the players know they fuged up. Will be interesting to see how they, and K, respond next game. Wouldn't surprise me to see some shake up to the lineup.

Posted

You have to give a player room to land, you should know that better than anyone.

You guys got bailed out, simple as that

I didn't see Tokoto get a call when he was in the lane against Belmont...

It was a poo call at the end of the game, but it's to be expected. The game was at Cameron, and I'm sure K gave a very stern talking to the officials at halftime about the rules of college basketball. 

I was sitting at the bar last night with some dookies and they actually thought they were going to lose! I told them that all they have to do is get  the ball up top and drive inside. If there's ANY and I mean ANY contact regardless if the defender cleanly got the ball; there would be a foul called. 

Between you and me - it's going to be a tough year for the dookies, and I expect to see plenty more of these scares that they've had in the past week against big bad Vermont and the powerhouse known as ECU. This is far from the type of team K usually puts on the floor. One and done Jabari is obviously going to get his, but it would not surprise me to see another Lehigh type of upset come March. They are always going to get the oppositions best game and will struggle when they go up against teams that hustle and can push them around inside. 

Posted

On Stillman, is he coming back? I was under the impression Roy basically gave him a scholarship for the year, and after his mission they would be parting ways.

Exum will be in the NBA, not in college. He COULD play this season, but more than likely won't.

Vaughn would be a big get, but I haven't seen too many Carolina people confident on him.

Regardless of those 3, Carolina does have some great potential next season. I seriously doubt PJ comes back, but if he did, they would be a Top 3 team without question.

Still will be back on the Heels roster next year, dookie. Roy said his roster spot will be his when he returns from his 2 year Mormon mission. Speaking of Mormons, isn't Jabari one? I'm sure he will uphold his commitment to the Church and take his 2 year mission before heading to the NBA. 

The dislike/disdain for PJ grows by the day and at this point I'm just about ready to part ways with him permanently. 

Posted

Regardless of those 3, Carolina does have some great potential next season. I seriously doubt PJ comes back, but if he did, they would be a Top 3 team without question.

Exum has an offer standing for next year too I believe. But the way him stock is, he has no reason to come through. Saving grace is his father though.

And Stillman does return as far as I know.

Posted

Kicking PJ off the team would be the easy way out...  Keeping him is the tough (and right) thing to do in regards of what kind of difference can be made in the young man's life...  Personally, I applaud them for keeping him, regardless of whether he plays another minute for them or not...

1 person likes this

Posted

Kicking PJ off the team would be the easy way out...  Keeping him is the tough (and right) thing to do in regards of what kind of difference can be made in the young man's life...  Personally, I applaud them for keeping him, regardless of whether he plays another minute for them or not...

I agree with a lot of this. Roy may have saved his life and future NBA career. But my point being that we don't know exactly what was going on and what has been discussed and what hasn't. What Hairston has allegedly done was more than a lack of judgement and he's put the season in jeopardy. You see what the Heels are capable of doing without their only legit wing players and it's frustrating to know that his foolishness could have cost UNC a potential title run. 

I was listening to John Feinstein on CBS talk about PJ and how Roy needs to make a statement by kicking PJ off the team. Feinstein is a Duke grad, BTW.