Photo
- - - - -

Duke gets a recruit in...a year early???

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:07 PM

He is slowly running Dook into the ground by not going after the one and done players. That is the only shot he stands to compete with Roy and the boys.

I don't think that Roy is getting the one and done players, but his squads have certainly been more talented and balanced than Duke's of previous years.

Duke hasn't had an "athlete" play for them since Lou Deng. I agree that K needs to go after some serious ballers since his previous recruiting classes haven't done much. Sure they win 25 games, but they are nothing better than Sweet 16 teams.

Not that long ago, Duke had Jayson Williams, Carlos Boozer, Mike Dunleavy, Shane Battier, Chris Duhon, and Nate James all playing on one team. Coach K hasn't had that kind of talent in a long time.

#17 powellj1

powellj1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:57 PM

Roy doesn't have to get the 1 and dones he can hand pick from the top talent in the country. I was saying the only way Dook will be able to keep up is if they get the 1 and dones, like Memphis has for the past few years and UK will now.

Even though he might be the ugliest division 1 athelete, Singler is a stud coming back but other than that the entire roster is pretty mediocre at best.

#18 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:51 PM

Well it looks pretty good for Duke the next two years with Dawkins, Kelly, and Plumlee coming this year and Seth Curry in 2010 along with Hariston and Thornton and it is highly likely that Harrison Barnes will be there too. That is some talent and you have all seen what a great head coach can do with a lot of talent..

#19 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:46 PM

Roy doesn't have to get the 1 and dones he can hand pick from the top talent in the country. I was saying the only way Dook will be able to keep up is if they get the 1 and dones, like Memphis has for the past few years and UK will now.

Even though he might be the ugliest division 1 athelete, Singler is a stud coming back but other than that the entire roster is pretty mediocre at best.

Agreed.

BTW, I think last year's most talented ACC team might have just been Wake. They had a void at SG, but most of the other positions they had really great athletes. Dino was just in over his head.

If you want to make the argument that Carolina had more talent, I can understand that. Keep in mind though that when Wake still had their season intact, they beat Duke and Carolina.

#20 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:39 AM

So has anyone heard if this is going to happen or not?

#21 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:09 PM

So has anyone heard if this is going to happen or not?

Its a done deal as far as I know. He'll be there in '09 which has prompted some other HS players to see if they could also be eligible. I heard that Austin Rivers (goin to Florida) could try to do the same thing for the 2010 class.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com