62 replies to this topic

#16 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,781 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:59 AM

We'll need to double dip on weapons early in my opinion (WR, TE).

#17 mbarbour21

mbarbour21

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:11 AM

Just win. He could throw for a million yards, throw a thousand TDs, run a hundred TDs, and commit 0 turnovers; and the media would still not give him credit. We are winning. No prob in improving, but its workin.

#18 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:07 AM

To OP: 

You forgot a BETTER OFFENSIVE LINE/LINEMAN (affecting many of the things you said)!!

Plus, Cam may very well have some big yard games coming up in the next 5? We'll see?

But [yes] the team certainly needs to upgrade their OL, Receivers, and play calling. 

Barner, may need to be released as well. 

#19 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,109 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

Here's the stat you omitted - 8-3.

#20 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:10 AM

You know how our Dline makes the entire D look better? The same goes for OL/ offense.
AJ Greens and Megatrons are rare. Don't be surprised if we don't draft a WR at all. Gettleman believes in the trenches and rightfully so. If given time, Cam can make Steve, Ted, and Donald look a lot better.

#21 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:16 AM

Our o line and WRs are holding Cam back moreso than Shula.

#22 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:40 AM

Cam's Passing Numbers through 11 games

208/337
2353 Yds.
17Td's/9Int
61.9%

Right now hes on pace for
303/490
25/13

Rushing Wise

Currently he has
379 Yd's
5 TD's
31 First Down Runs

On pace for
551 Yd's
7 TD's
45 First Down Runs

On the year that would put Cam's totals at:
3974 APY
32 Total Td's
14 TO's(Factor in a fumble)

With that all being said, I feel as if Cam can do so much better. I feel like sometimes, Shula puts chains on Cam and restrains him from opening up and utilizing all his abilities. Cam I feel could rush for more yards a game, could very easily throw for more yards. While he would surpass his Passing TD's from both his first and second year, his completion % is lower than you would want it to be

(These numbers could be better if it weren't for some drops)

Do you think Cam (and the entire offense) will get better if:

A. Shula opened up the offense more, went more vertical, and stretched more of the field

or

B. Getty drafts a legitimate WR that can extend the field and builds the offense with more weapons.

or

C. Option A is going to happen if option B happens.

*Disclaimer: I am loving this win streak and love the way Cam has been playing. This is just to raise discussion, plus, I'm stalling from my physics homework.

I think the offense will be better if we add pieces on offense (B). Targets and more WR and another good TE.

I also think Cam's numbers would be better if we turned him loose, we never really do that. We only throw if the gameplan dictates it. I think Rivera and co. like to keep his attempts under 40. We don't throw in the red zone often and he's never really allowed to throw for 300 yards.

#23 tondi

tondi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

It doesn't matter who we have at WR if Cam is on his back or running for his life which has happened too frequently this year. I know we will get some guys back from injury next year on the Oline but I would make sure my franchise QB is protected before I would worry about who he is throwing to. Cam has looked very good to great in every game this year when hes had time to throw, even with this sub par group of WRs.

#24 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

We need to go for a number 1 wr who not only has speed but has really good hands. 

It's going to be hard to find with the 32nd and 64th pick this year .............

#25 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

It doesn't matter who we have at WR if Cam is on his back or running for his life which has happened too frequently this year. I know we will get some guys back from injury next year on the Oline but I would make sure my franchise QB is protected before I would worry about who he is throwing to. Cam has looked very good to great in every game this year when hes had time to throw, even with this sub par group of WRs.

If we are waiting on Silatolu.....  Our draft had better be OL, OL, OL, ..............

#26 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,506 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

I'm saying he can be better.  Hes doing this with an old Smitty, a bust WR, and decent 2 option (Lafell) and a pretty damn good TE.

Just imagine if he had just ONE really good WR

We are 8-3.....7 wins in a row.

Our offense is balanced and we are winning.

What you are saying is that you like Madden and want our QB to have higher stats......not smart.

#27 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,895 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

Sure Cam can be better.  It's only his third year.  

I'm happy with where he is now, and we're showing we can win tough, close games with him.   We're also showing we can blow teams out with him.  He's shown a range of abilities this season and has proven he is ultra deadly in the passing game when it counts.

I'd like to see us shore up the OL and get Cam another weapon or two.  Along with that, he's going to keep getting better. 

I'm not worried about changing the gameplan tremendously right now.  Tweak for each opponent.  Control the clock and the game.

#28 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,506 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

Sure Cam can be better.  It's only his third year.  

I'm happy with where he is now, and we're showing we can win tough, close games with him.   We're also showing we can blow teams out with him.  He's shown a range of abilities this season and has proven he is ultra deadly in the passing game when it counts.

I'd like to see us shore up the OL and get Cam another weapon or two.  Along with that, he's going to keep getting better. 

I'm not worried about changing the gameplan tremendously right now.  Tweak for each opponent.  Control the clock and the game.

Exactly.

I would love to add a weapon or two at WR or TE (either draft of FA).  But, Cam has shown that he is dangerous with the weapons we have now IF the OL gives him a little time.

OL is the biggest issue....followed by CB....then comes WR.

#29 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

Yeah I'm in the boat of been there seen that. Anywhere around 35 TDs on a team most deem defensive in nature is in my opinion outstanding. I still believe we need more production and scores from the RBs. I'd like to see 15 TDs split between the running backs by this point.

#30 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,310 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

1361478083_dave-chappelle-spit-hot-fire-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com