Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Relatively Cheap Panther's Man Cave Idea/Addition

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Thought of this idea randomly and went over to eBay to see what I could find. Ended up purchasing 10+ Panther/Cam related magazine covers for around $80 total with shipping included in that cost. The most expensive was the Cam Newton Heisman Special Edition of SI and the Moose autographed cover of SI's "The Secret is Out." Both of those were around $20 each. Most of the others ranged between $3-$6 and usually the shipping fees were more expensive than the magazine itself. 

I plan on organizing and framing these in groups. Maybe the Panthers related covers in one frame and the Cam/Auburn related covers in another. I will likely put the two EastBay magazine covers featuring Cam together in one. I have a feeling the framing will cost more than the magazines in total but the project should give me something to do around the holidays and look great on my wall when completed.

PantherMagazines_zpsa452545e.png

6 people like this

Posted · Report post

i would absolutely rock one of those secret-is-out SIs in my bar. that's a hell of a find for $20

Posted · Report post

Thought of this idea randomly and went over to eBay to see what I could find. Ended up purchasing 10+ Panther/Cam related magazine covers for around $80 total with shipping included in that cost. The most expensive was the Cam Newton Heisman Special Edition of SI and the Moose autographed cover of SI's "The Secret is Out." Both of those were around $20 each. Most of the others ranged between $3-$6 and usually the shipping fees were more expensive than the magazine itself.

I plan on organizing and framing these in groups. Maybe the Panthers related covers in one frame and the Cam/Auburn related covers in another. I will likely put the two EastBay magazine covers featuring Cam together in one. I have a feeling the framing will cost more than the magazines in total but the project should give me something to do around the holidays and look great on my wall when completed.

PantherMagazines_zpsa452545e.png

Bump...do you have an updated pic of the finished product? I plan on working on something like this this weekend and was interested in how yours turned out.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

wall paper

!BZyqiz!BGk~$(KGrHgoOKiwEjlLmDn3YBKoZiis

4 people like this

Posted (edited) · Report post

Massive bump. Totally forgot I made this thread and it is now the off-season so I figured I'd attach some pictures below of the finished product. In total the magazines were around $80 largely in part because of shipping charges individually and 50+ page Heisman special was $15 or so and the autographed Moose cover was around that price as well. Let me know what you think! I grouped the Panther related covers together and the Cam/Auburn covers together as well. The SI issue with Kerry Collins is from 1997.

post-3311-142526855138_thumb.jpgpost-3311-14252685652_thumb.jpgpost-3311-142526857731_thumb.jpgpost-3311-142526858901_thumb.jpg

Edited by OnlyPantherFaninMaine
6 people like this

Posted · Report post

My daughter made this for me.

post-6790-0-20769300-1425279127_thumb.jp

6 people like this

Posted · Report post

cool idea with the magazines.. I iike that a  that pretty good idea..  I would love to build a panther room besides in the garage.. I will post picks later..:) but I have to clean up the garage winter has been a bitch!

Posted · Report post

My daughter made this for me.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

But did she make enough for everyone?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Solid offseason thread. Looks good OPFM. 

Doesn't the observer sell paper reprints? Might be cool to have some of the biggest panthers moments from the observer. 

Posted · Report post

Massive bump. Totally forgot I made this thread and it is now the off-season so I figured I'd attach some pictures below of the finished product. In total the magazines were around $80 largely in part because of shipping charges individually and 50+ page Heisman special was $15 or so and the autographed Moose cover was around that price as well. Let me know what you think! I grouped the Panther related covers together and the Cam/Auburn covers together as well. The SI issue with Kerry Collins is from 1997.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1425268550.488832.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1425268564.278019.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1425268576.284900.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1425268587.937641.jpg

Very fuging bad ass my man

Posted · Report post

Creative idea! Good job. I just moved so I need to get my place decorated with some Panther stuff

Posted · Report post

Started hanging up some of my favorite photos in the home office this week.

post-1-142530432003_thumb.jpg

Plan on eventually covering a wall with 8x10s

4 people like this