Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNC vs #1 Michigan State

77 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The big question is can UNC knock down the FT's to ice and win the game???? The two losses were because of FT shooting, so its a big question mark for this team. 

Posted · Report post

Nobody should touch the ball on offense except Paige, Britt, or Johnson.

Posted · Report post

this is going to be a long 2min

Posted · Report post

Oh god!!! Macadoo is on the line..... ahhhh!!!!!

Posted · Report post

Sit McAdoo...he can't make free throws, everybody knows this.

Posted · Report post

Nice back to back defensive plays by Johnson and Meeks!!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

Meeks is a fuggin beast!!!

Posted · Report post

how the fug does this team lose to UAB and Belmont, and then beat Louisville and MSU. :)

Posted · Report post

GTFO! great block
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Beat Louisville and MSU  by 14 pts.(at their house), lose to Belmont and UAB...what bizarro fantasy world is this?

Well at least if we're on the bubble this year, we have 2 good wins.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Great win by Carolina.

Maybe all the silly sky is falling people who wanted Roy gone after the Belmont game will shut up now? 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

how the fug does this team lose to UAB and Belmont, and then beat Louisville and MSU. :)

Good perimeter shooting teams give the Heels problems.

Posted · Report post

Meeks should run some point, that boy can pass the ball.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Against UAB and Belmont UNC shot a combined 26-59 from the FT line and lost both games by a combined 7 points. If they shoot a lousy 60% from the line in those games they are wins and not loses. 

Posted · Report post

Number one? No problem. HEEL of a game!

Posted · Report post

Good perimeter shooting teams give the Heels problems.

Belmont shot well in that game, but UAB shot 30% from the field. They lost because of turnovers and missed FT's in both games. 

Posted · Report post

Great win by Carolina.

Maybe all the silly sky is falling people who wanted Roy gone after the Belmont game will shut up now? 

Anyone who would want Roy Williams gone shouldn't be a fan. This is Roy Williams basketball we are playing right now.. When it comes down to it we win the games we need to win.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I think UNC should use McAdoo as a 6th man and use a starting lineup of Britt, Paige, Tokoto, Johnson and Meeks and play inside out. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Pie for all!
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

they are young, and don't always come ready. They have shown that they have the talent to play with anyone, but are still undisciplined. Still have Kentucky before a long ACC season. I suspect come tourney time, they will be hardened and ready.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Great win by Carolina.

Roy has been through this before, taking a group of kids and converting them into a team in just one season. I have every faith that he'll do it again with this group. People calling for his head are very short sighted.

Posted · Report post

This is going to be a crazy team to watch all year I really wish they would play like this every night, all in all I'm proud of them.

Posted · Report post

I'm sure this incredible win will get an awesome 3-4 minute segment on the local sports talk tomorrow. 

A lot of people in this forum (and a lot of college ball fans in general) are guilty of dismissing the heels since this whole PJ fiasco started. Uh, hey, morons; it wasn't PJ and a team full of scrubs. Hairston was the best player on a team full of blue chip prospects, very highly touted freshmen, Mickey D's AA, and potential NBA/professional players. Not to mention one of the best college coaches of all time. Go look at Roy's all time record vs Pitino and Izzo (two coaches a lot of the ignorant dookies WILL ALWAYS put above Roy in a coaching hierarchy). 

Hairston may have cost us a National Title - but UNC is going to compete for an ACC crown this season and who knows...this may end up being the best thing that could have happened to some of our younger guys like Marcus Paige. 

PJ's UNC career may have stoppped - but the TARHEELS never stop.

Posted · Report post

Roy has been through this before, taking a group of kids and converting them into a team in just one season. I have every faith that he'll do it again with this group. People calling for his head are very short sighted.

If you know anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who is calling for Roy's job - you need to honestly reevaluate your relationship with them, and at the very least - don't be spotted watching UNC games with them. Those are the idiotic UNC fans that I hate almost more than I hate State/duke fans. The same Carolina fans that think if we don't go 35-0, win every game by 50, be 2-0 against duke and beat them by 100 points, and oh yeah sprinkle in a national title - then our season was awful. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I hate myself right now. While every other student is getting hammered and rushing Franklin Street, enjoying that classes are over AND that we beat the #1 team in the nation, I'm f*cking back at my dorm studying for my final on Friday.

Seriously haven't been this pissed and frustrated in a loooong time.