39 replies to this topic

#31 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

it was a bad throw and it's on Cam end of story. It's routine for him to make I would say around 2-3 very poor throws per game on average. He's getting better, but we can't expect to get to the superbowl with him playing like that. 

His 2-3 bad throws a game could be the difference between a shootout or a blowout against the saints. 

You realize that, every NFL QB on average makes "2-3 poor throws a game"?

What QB world do you live in (or games you watch)? That's not exclusive to Cam. Most QB's miss, even on good days. 

#32 ajax4132

ajax4132

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

Really! Seems Brady didn't get his way in this year game when they throw the flag on Keek and pick it up. It doesn't happen all the time. But they do get those calls sometime because of they are stars in this league.

The ball was uncatchable in the instance 

#33 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

You realize that, every NFL QB on average makes "2-3 poor throws a game"?

What QB world do you live in (or games you watch)? That's not exclusive to Cam. Most QB's miss, even on good days.

He's not elite yet and it's easy to see. Some of his mistakes are the same ones from his rookie year. The saints game will be big indication of how ready he is to take this team to a SB.

#34 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

He's not elite yet and it's easy to see. Some of his mistakes are the same ones from his rookie year. The saints game will be big indication of how ready he is to take this team to a SB.

The question, wasn't whether or not "he's elite (whether he actually is or isn't)". It was your point about his two or three throws a game. That was hogwash. 

Whether he wins in New Orleans or not, it may not stop those 2-3 shows you don't like (or many times his receivers screwing up, but the broadcaster blames it on Cam); so will he still be elite if he wins???????

#35 intangiblejohnny

intangiblejohnny

The Josh McRoberts of Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts
  • LocationInterwebz

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

I think you're trying to hold Cam to some ridiculous standard as well as underestimating the incredible amount of variables on any given play. Many "bad" plays aren't nearly as cut and dry as people try to make them.

Even an educated football analyst has to make up their best guess or just invent a reason why a play doesn't work as intended.

#36 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

The question, wasn't whether or not "he's elite (whether he actually is or isn't)". It was your point about his two or three throws a game. That was hogwash. 

Whether he wins in New Orleans or not, it may not stop those 2-3 shows you don't like (or many times his receivers screwing up, but the broadcaster blames it on Cam); so will he still be elite if he wins???????

if he plays like he's been playing I wouldn't consider him elite. Our defense has been carrying the team so far. 

Newton in a sense also carries the team and deserves MVP consideration. He provides a huge boost to the run game and then helps turn many sacks into crazy gains with a scramble, then he's one of the best short yard options in football. A certain MVP candidate.

I'm certainly a Newton supporter. But his flaws are so clear and while he's getting better it hasn't really been a "lightbulb" kind of moment. 

#37 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

I think you're trying to hold Cam to some ridiculous standard as well as underestimating the incredible amount of variables on any given play. Many "bad" plays aren't nearly as cut and dry as people try to make them.

Even an educated football analyst has to make up their best guess or just invent a reason why a play doesn't work as intended.

The standard is high but that's what he's meant to be right? Do you draft a guy #1 overall and sign him to a huge new deal to be a good but not great QB. 

The future looks bright for Newton, but I'm not sure if it's going to brighten up soon enough for him to take the Panthers deep into the playoffs. 

#38 intangiblejohnny

intangiblejohnny

The Josh McRoberts of Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts
  • LocationInterwebz

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:13 AM

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

#39 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,203 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

if he plays like he's been playing I wouldn't consider him elite. Our defense has been carrying the team so far. 

Newton in a sense also carries the team and deserves MVP consideration. He provides a huge boost to the run game and then helps turn many sacks into crazy gains with a scramble, then he's one of the best short yard options in football. A certain MVP candidate.

I'm certainly a Newton supporter. But his flaws are so clear and while he's getting better it hasn't really been a "lightbulb" kind of moment. 

Which one is it? Defense carrying us or Cam is... why people keep saying this?

Everybody is doing their jobs which is why we're on a win streak. No one is carrying or being carried by anybody

#40 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,416 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

He's 24 years old, and 44 games into his NFL career.

Cam has areas he can improve, and he'll be the first to tell you that, but he's playing good football right now. As for the Superbowl, let's get into the playoffs first before we start going down that road. We are doing very well as a team right now, that's why we're winning.

The standard is high but that's what he's meant to be right? Do you draft a guy #1 overall and sign him to a huge new deal to be a good but not great QB. 

The future looks bright for Newton, but I'm not sure if it's going to brighten up soon enough for him to take the Panthers deep into the playoffs. 

I think some people have unrealistic expectations of just what is expected of a young quarterback.

Where exactly are you going with this? Do you know know how many GM's in the NFL would give up a kings ransom for Newton at a moments notice? You don't score 87 touchdowns in your first 3 seasons with 4 games left to go, and not make your presence felt.

It's not just Newton that has to "take the team to the playoffs", there are 52 other players on our roster who are fighting as well.

You take Cam off of this team, and tell me exactly where you see us going. I'll wait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com