Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PFF Reaction Blog: Bell gave up half of QB disruptions

35 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Think maybe Johnson wasn't ready to come back yet. I didn't even see him near the QB. Unsure what the excuse for Hardy is. He should've dominated Charles Brown. They better get this straight before we play in Charlotte.

Hardy was double teamed and Brees got rid of the ball quick.

Posted · Report post

There is no reason at all that he should still be starting

Posted · Report post

Wait...weren't we just told yesterday by one of our illustrious members that all the sacks were Cam's fault?

Maybe PFF should check with the Huddle first before they assign blame for failures on plays.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The problem is we still overly rely on our DE's for pressure. Star isn't ( yet) good at it and niether is cole. Edwards and Short show flashes but aren't consistent. Hardy and Johnson are very good, but neither are at that elite level where they can consistently take over a game ,always be accountable for and beat double teams. Hopefully Star and Short keep making major strides and give us strong consistent interior pressure.

Posted · Report post

The problem is we still overly rely on our DE's for pressure. Star isn't ( yet) good at it and niether is cole. Edwards and Short show flashes but aren't consistent. Hardy and Johnson are very good, but neither are at that elite level where they can consistently take over a game ,always be accountable for and beat double teams. Hopefully Star and Short keep making major strides and give us strong consistent interior pressure.

Isn't johnson being paid elite money? And hardy I'm sure is gonna be gunning for elite money next year. 

Posted · Report post

They're elite DEs.  The Saints just worked us.  They game planned the hell out of us and did a great job nullifying our strengths and attacking our weaknesses.

Posted · Report post

Only half?

Posted · Report post

I couldn't believe he wasn't the lowest rated player of the week.  By far.  Terrifying to imagine how bad those guys played who were rated worse than him.

Posted · Report post

Isn't johnson being paid elite money? And hardy I'm sure is gonna be gunning for elite money next year.

At the time he was young, always healthy , and a hard worker who was coming off a stastically elite year. Add to the fact that we had to out bid ATL and I don't hate the signing. But yeah since then his actual play, though very good, hasn't reached the heights of his contract.

Given Hardy's unique persona, I have no idea what he will demand. Could see him taking less or a whole lot more.

Posted · Report post

Think maybe Johnson wasn't ready to come back yet.  I didn't even see him near the QB.  Unsure what the excuse for Hardy is.  He should've dominated Charles Brown.  They better get this straight before we play in Charlotte.  

The Saints were able to exploit the weakness of a 4 man pressure defense. Getting rid of the ball very quickly, which the Saints are able to easily do at home because of the turf, and the way that Drew Brees practices his dropbacks and quick releases.

In all honesty, it is a kinda 'cheap', yet effective way of making plays against visiting teams who are used to playing real football on grass instead of 'soft' finesse BS.

They will not be as effective at this type of quick timing routes in Charlotte on a grass field without their crowd support. 

Posted · Report post

What's this man's twitter name? I will rip him apart