Photo
- - - - -

The hit that could end Stewarts career... you make the call...

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#76 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,730 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

It's legal and I didn't really see it as dirty... From the angle the tackler took, he probably couldn't have determined that JStew was absolutely heading OOB, so he did what he to to make sure...

The Saints are a generally dirty team, and obviously idk what the guy was thinking but I didn't think that play was dirty...

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#77 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• HUDDLER
  • 8,748 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

Legal, of course.  And Drew Brees' MCL, ACL, and PCL are also fair game.  Oh wait.

His knees better have a bullseye on them in two weeks.  To hell with 15 yards.

#78 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

Frankly im over Stewart, other than not wanting another human being to be injured, I could care less and frankly not suprised when I heard he got hurt again. He is as good as cut already as far as im concerned.

#79 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

THE HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

Stew should have used the stiff arm to protect his lower body

#80 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,282 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

Won't end his career if it's only the MCL.

could definitely end his career as a Panther

#81 CarolinaPanthersCynic

CarolinaPanthersCynic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

It's a malicious hit. You can't go at someone's legs like that with a good conscience.

But I also understand smaller corners simply can't bring down people like JStew and Tolbert. Gronkowski also was taken out on a similar hit. The NFL will have to eventually address these types of hits. They're just blatantly dangerous.

Anyone in the NFL would have been injured on the hits Gronk and Stew took this week. The human knee can't take a 200 pound body flying into it directly. Eventually a bigger player will be taking out on that sort of hit and then it'll be addressed. Maybe someone like Calvin Johnson.

#82 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

I think its a clean hit. Jstew just has glass legs.

#83 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,856 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

Stewart was lowering his shoulder you either get trucked or hit him low. With Stewart lowering, that was the only place to hit him without hitting him head to head.

Player safety!!

#84 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

legal hit, yup.  Unfortunately, you could freeze frame a dozen of these every game I think...ok...a dozen might be a bit much, but I can guarantee it happens more than we want. 

#85 mc52beast

mc52beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

Don't know if he was specifically targeting the knee or not, but you have to remember that these corners are being forced to go low now.... which is definitely where I would go if i was trying to tackle Stew

#86 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

Derek Anderson wants you to know he takes this sh!t real serious and puts his heart and soul into it each week.

Point well taken but at this stage in his career Derek Anderson is a backup QB,not one as  likely to win us important  games that have playoff implications as Cam Newton.To think otherwise would be foolish.

#87 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,932 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

Point well taken but at this stage in his career Derek Anderson is a backup QB,not one as likely to win us important games that have playoff implications as Cam Newton.To think otherwise would be foolish.

It was a joke.

Watch this: http://m.youtube.com...h?v=Y2vTzHf2tus

#88 Puddinhead

Puddinhead

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

The Saints are a generally dirty team, and obviously idk what the guy was thinking but I didn't think that play was dirty...

Funny thing is with the whole bounty allegations as the as the trigger the LA Times (that's "Los Angeles" LA, not "Louisiana" LA...LOL) did an investigative story based on a reasonable premise--if the Saints were a "generally dirty" team, then there should be a disproportionately high number of opposing players who were injured in their games.  Higher than were injured in games against the other "clean" teams in the league, for example.  So they did their research, and went back three or four years (can't remember exactly how many) on every team in the league's games (obviously LA football writers don't have a team to cover, so they have time on their hands) and figured out how many opposing players were injured versus each individual team.

The results?  Teams playing the Saints were injured at the second-lowest rate of all teams in the league.  Disproportionately low number of knee injuries, head injuries, etc.  Leaving the writer to question "If the Saints were the dirty team in the league actually paying players to go out and injure other teams' players, why did they actually injure so many fewer opponents than the vast bulk of the league's other teams did 'for free'?" 

#89 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

Link?

#90 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:56 PM

legal hit, idk how tolbert does it but when he trucks someone he gets real low avoiding hits like this

normally, Jonathan does the same thing. I see some comments saying this is what db's are taught. I think it is more a case of a db making a business decision and not having the heart to take Stew on straight up. If that was DeAngelo he would have tried to tackle him high and blow him up because DeAngelo isnt a physical back. He saw #28 coming full speed & he bitched up and went low. Was it dirty? No.... I just wish Stew could have gotten a little lower... Terribly unfortunate...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.