Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DB's vs Drew Brees

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Pretty interesting point brought up about our defensive backs being unfamiliar with Brees and kept falling for what he likes to do, unlike Godfrey who is familiar

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Panthers-Pulse-No-time-to-panic/0c661964-3d30-4442-b48a-c06b033d1a8b

If you can't watch the video, try IE. Starts at 7:30

Anybody think this was the case and we'll be better prepared on Dec 22nd ?

Posted

Haven't watched the video but we will most definitely be better prepared Dec 22nd.

Kind of hard to be any worse than last Sunday.

Posted

I just don't understand why we single covered 6'4" Marques Colston with 5'2" Captain Munnerlyn. It's like we went into halftime and were like, we don't need to adjust, I'm sure Colston will get shorter.

7 people like this

Posted

Our best DBs right now (munnerlyn/florence take your pic) probably wouldn't start on another team. Our front 4 needs to ball outta control or this patchwork secondary will get lit up

Posted

Drew Brees has to be dictated to by our pass rush, otherwise he is going to pick us apart. That's what he does.

Posted

Melvin White was beat like a drum. Which I am okay with because he has the tools to get it out of the way this year.

Posted

That is a interesting point about Godfrey, he does know how to play Brees and he has made some plays in the past because of it.

2 people like this

Posted

Then what's the excuse for Munnerlyn?

Posted

No one on the face of the planet or, perhaps the universe, can stop Drew Brees in the dome with no pass rush.

Our secondary didn't so much get exposed as they did play a great QB who had too much time.

2 people like this

Posted

The fact that the game on the 22nd will be on natural grass will slow them down quite a bit. That turf in New Orleans is very fast and even. Brees has the timing down like no other.

However, a slight change in that and the timing is off, he is much less comfortable.

2 people like this

Posted

No one on the face of the planet or, perhaps the universe, can stop Drew Brees in the dome with no pass rush.

Our secondary didn't so much get exposed as they did play a great QB who had too much time.

As I saw on the internet one of the reasons Seattle shut them down was because of their coverage(with linebackers as well) being so good causing Brees to hold the ball longer than usual

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/12/6/5181238/seattle-seahawks-defense-nfc-breakdown

Posted

our CBs were so unbelievably bad sunday last night it was borderline funny even for me as a panthers fan.

i made the observation sunday night that I could log onto the huddle after we got burnt and see people saying "UGH THIS ZONE!" and make mention them that it wasnt a zone- our CBs were just so far away from the receiver it looked like a zone. they were getting beat that bad and when we started pulling away players from the middle the field help with the slants and such is about the time Graham went off working the deep center.

i will say that the good news is that it looks like our safeties seemed to be unprepared rather than just terrible, but our CBs were just flat out burnt time and time again in combination the aforementioned not knowing Bree's tendencies and such.

if we wanna do better, they have to step up simple and plain. i do think we'll get better safety play when we see them though. that seemed to be largely mental. hope it turns out that was the case for the CBs as well