#1 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:56 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

It sucks we didn't beat the Saints to take control of the NFC South but, I've never been at peace with a loss like this one.

While on our 8 game winning streak, I knew if we beat the Saints in the dome we would most likely win out and finish the season on a 12 game winning streak. I was scared that would give us the false feeling of being invincible while going into the playoffs. With each win our ego was getting larger and larger. I know a huge amount of people on here wanted a first round bye but, honestly I don't. Look at our history as a wildcard team. vs being a first round bye. Every winning streak has to come to an end. I'd rather the big letdown happen now instead of the playoffs obviously..

Sucks to lose but, Maybe it was the kick in the ass that will bring us down from the clouds and make us fight even harder? 

Keep Humble and Keep Pounding?

#2 Keep Steve

Keep Steve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:58 AM

:'(

#3 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,079 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:00 AM

Better to lose now than in the playoffs :D

#4 QCpantherCT

QCpantherCT

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:10 AM

I agree.....and if you look at the recent past SB winners, a lot of them seem to kinda have a loss close to the end of the regular season to rejuvenate them...it takes some pressure off of the players as well I think.....

#5 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,466 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:13 AM

There is no right time for a loss. But I agree it is better now than down the road assuming we win the next 3. Otherwise it was a disaster if we don't make the playoffs.

#6 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,894 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:14 AM

The flip side is one beat down suddenly has the players and coaches second guessing everything they are doing, we overcorrect, and let the saints beat us twice against the Jets. I truly think the the Hawks beat us twice at the beginning of the season with the Buffalo game.

But I don't think that will happen this time.

But in am going to agree with you, getting humbled can be a really good thing, and I think it will be.

#7 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

While a loss is never a good thing, the timing of the loss is what matters. We just came off a franchise record 8 straight wins and if you were to lose, I rather do it during the regular season than the playoffs. We can learn from the loss, and correct the issues. I think a lot of people did kind of overreact to the loss. With all the fire so and so, we should did this and that threads, it was overwhelming to see the post on here. We are still in the playoffs barring anything crazy happening. Let's be happy where we are at right now.

#8 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

There is no way I'm at peace with a loss. We had certain weakness  exposed in the Saints game and I feel sure other teams will copy the Saints game plan against us. We are in the playoff crunch mode and I don't see how losing to the Saints could have made the team anymore aware of this situation than they already were.

#9 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

What NFL team would have gone into the Dome and won under these circumstances?  New Orleans wins at home--their team is built for turf, a la "greatest show on turf".  They had just had their butts handed to them on national TV.  They were going to give us their best, because losing 2 games and the division would have been catastrophic.  We got their very best.  My question:  Name an NFL team who wins that game?

This week, both the Saints and the Panthers have trap games.  Fortunately, the Panthers are home.

#10 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,797 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:01 AM

Come on mayne, 24 hour rule.

#11 Shufdog

Shufdog

• HUDDLER
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

Let it go, we've got the Jets to worry about now.

#12 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:16 AM

Come on mayne, 24 hour rule.

Let it go, we've got the Jets to worry about now.

Your taking it the wrong way, I'm saying just how the Seattle loss woke up the Saints this will wake us up..

It was kinda like a.... moral victory

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN

#13 Toundra

Toundra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

The answer in less than 2 weeks..

#14 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:23 AM

In our magical 2003 season, we lost 3 straight games in weeks 12-14...

Maybe that puts things into perspective a bit.

We were 8-2 going into week 12 and ended up 8-5 and finished 11-5

#15 Panther_Brotherhood

Panther_Brotherhood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

Last year, the Ravens lost 4 of their last 5. They were 9-2 before they lost 4 of 5.

Their offense was struggling, fired their OC and a lot of people wrote them off as dumpster fires.

Then they won the Superbowl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.