61 replies to this topic

#11 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

Yeah we opened both games hanging in there. When we got behind the crowd got motivated and the defense pinned their ears back. We had no answer. We put up 6 points on Arizona and 6 against New Orleans. The Saints were already celebrating when we put up that TD on 4th and 17. Is that what you call moving the ball?

If we put up 14 on those first two drives, in both of those games, momentum alone would have changed the games completely. The entire point is to stop settling for field goals against top opponents. We as fans know this, why the coaches have to learn it is the problem.

#12 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

If we put up 14 on those first two drives, in both of those games, momentum alone would have changed the games completely. The entire point is to stop settling for field goals against top opponents. We as fans know this, why the coaches have to learn it is the problem.

Well we need to be in 4th a short. I wouldn't go for it on 4th and long either. Whatever led to us being in 4th and long is the problem, not the decision to kick the field goal.

#13 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

Well we need to be in 4th a short. I wouldn't go for it on 4th and long either. Whatever led to us being in 4th and long is the problem, not the decision to kick the field goal.

Rivera chose Shula as his OC, he's ultimately responsible for him. My hope is that Rivera gave him a good kick in the ass this week.

#14 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• LocationAt the lake
HUDDLER

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

Shula needs to improve his play calling against 3-4 Defenses in my opion, take advantage of LBs trying to cover WRs and TEs 

Shula isn't the problem.  It is blitz pickups by the offensive line and the right side in particular.

#15 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• LocationAt the lake
HUDDLER

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

Of course they know they need TDs, it was mentioned that Rivera said it before the NO game several times.  It is the players not making plays to put us in that situation.  Newton should not be taking sacks at that point.  He has to be decisive and get the ball out.  There were a lot of times last week that he was very late with the ball giving the DBs time to react.  Unlike Brees who was throwing the ball before the receivers were out of their breaks. No it wasn't all his fault but he played poorly for sure.

#16 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationKitchen
HUDDLER

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

3-4 defenses easier disguise where the DE actually is so that why i was so pissed when shula whipped out OZR plays left and right against NO.

#17 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• LocationAt the lake
HUDDLER

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

3-4 defenses easier disguise where the DE actually is so that why i was so pissed when shula whipped out OZR plays left and right against NO.

How many did he run?  2 or 3  And even then at least 1 of them went for 7 or 8 yards.  I am sure that was the difference in the game................

#18 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

Of course they know they need TDs, it was mentioned that Rivera said it before the NO game several times.  It is the players not making plays to put us in that situation.  Newton should not be taking sacks at that point.  He has to be decisive and get the ball out.  There were a lot of times last week that he was very late with the ball giving the DBs time to react.  Unlike Brees who was throwing the ball before the receivers were out of their breaks. No it wasn't all his fault but he played poorly for sure.

The players make the plays, but the coaches formulate the game plans, and call the plays to best suit the players in given situations.

No quarterback can get the ball out while laying on his back, we need better performance from o line, particularly the right side. Drew Brees frequently had all day to throw, if you couldn't see the difference between his OL, and ours, you need your eyes checked.

#19 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

The players make the plays, but the coaches formulate the game plans, and call the plays to best suit the players in given situations.

No quarterback can get the ball out while laying on his back, we need better performance from o line, particularly the right side. Drew Brees frequently had all day to throw, if you couldn't see the difference between his OL, and ours, you need your eyes checked.

Partially true.

There were plenty of times this week when I was screaming at the TV "fire Cam....fire....pull the trigger".

Now I don't know if the WR/TE's were open, but he either needed to fire, or throw it in the stands.

#20 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

Partially true.

There were plenty of times this week when I was screaming at the TV "fire Cam....fire....pull the trigger".

Now I don't know if the WR/TE's were open, but he either needed to fire, or throw it in the stands.

Yes, why didn't he just blindly force it in somewhere.

Then if he throws a pick, the people who want to reinforce their biases can call for his head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users