#16 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

3-4 defenses easier disguise where the DE actually is so that why i was so pissed when shula whipped out OZR plays left and right against NO.

#17 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

3-4 defenses easier disguise where the DE actually is so that why i was so pissed when shula whipped out OZR plays left and right against NO.

How many did he run?  2 or 3  And even then at least 1 of them went for 7 or 8 yards.  I am sure that was the difference in the game................

#18 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,068 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

Of course they know they need TDs, it was mentioned that Rivera said it before the NO game several times.  It is the players not making plays to put us in that situation.  Newton should not be taking sacks at that point.  He has to be decisive and get the ball out.  There were a lot of times last week that he was very late with the ball giving the DBs time to react.  Unlike Brees who was throwing the ball before the receivers were out of their breaks. No it wasn't all his fault but he played poorly for sure.

The players make the plays, but the coaches formulate the game plans, and call the plays to best suit the players in given situations.

No quarterback can get the ball out while laying on his back, we need better performance from o line, particularly the right side. Drew Brees frequently had all day to throw, if you couldn't see the difference between his OL, and ours, you need your eyes checked.

#19 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

The players make the plays, but the coaches formulate the game plans, and call the plays to best suit the players in given situations.

No quarterback can get the ball out while laying on his back, we need better performance from o line, particularly the right side. Drew Brees frequently had all day to throw, if you couldn't see the difference between his OL, and ours, you need your eyes checked.

Partially true.

There were plenty of times this week when I was screaming at the TV "fire Cam....fire....pull the trigger".

Now I don't know if the WR/TE's were open, but he either needed to fire, or throw it in the stands.

#20 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,068 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

Partially true.

There were plenty of times this week when I was screaming at the TV "fire Cam....fire....pull the trigger".

Now I don't know if the WR/TE's were open, but he either needed to fire, or throw it in the stands.

Yes, why didn't he just blindly force it in somewhere.

Then if he throws a pick, the people who want to reinforce their biases can call for his head.

#21 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

It was actually a 4th down pass. But yes, Steve's drop, and Lafell's drop hurt us of course.

Player execution, and the coaches game plan have to come together. But the Buffalo, and Arizona games were where Rivera supposedly learned his lesson. Yet we settled for 3 points in back to back drives on the road against the Saints. Bring back Riverboat Ron.

It was a 3rd down because we punted the next play.

#22 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,068 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

It was a 3rd down because we punted the next play.

Perhaps there were two drops from him then, I've tried not to remember much of that game honestly.

I definitely recall a dropped 4th down pass though, maybe I'm wrong, who knows. If so, my mistake.

#23 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

Yes, why didn't he just blindly force it in somewhere.

Then if he throws a pick, the people who want to reinforce their biases can call for his head.

Did you read a damn thing that I wrote?

I said either throw the ball to a WR/TE or throw it away, I said nothing about forcing the ball.

Take your Cam Protector Glasses off, I am not bashing Cam, and plainly stated that I wasn't sure if they were covered or not, but he was not getting passes off in time.

#24 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,068 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

Did you read a damn thing that I wrote?

I said either throw the ball to a WR/TE or throw it away, I said nothing about forcing the ball.

Take your Cam Protector Glasses off, I am not bashing Cam, and plainly stated that I wasn't sure if they were covered or not, but he was not getting passes off in time.

Who's getting defense? Settle down man.

You specifically said "fire, pull the trigger". You can't just expect your quarterback to toss it in anywhere when he's in the face in pressure. All that is going to do is usually lead to is turnovers. Perhaps Cam is nervous about throwing a pick, but we still need better OL play.

#25 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

Of course they know they need TDs, it was mentioned that Rivera said it before the NO game several times.  It is the players not making plays to put us in that situation.  Newton should not be taking sacks at that point.  He has to be decisive and get the ball out.  There were a lot of times last week that he was very late with the ball giving the DBs time to react.  Unlike Brees who was throwing the ball before the receivers were out of their breaks. No it wasn't all his fault but he played poorly for sure.

Our Wr's were not getting separation well either. So that combined with the pressure got Cam rattled. I wanted Cam to be more decisive at just taking off. Gashing a team  with a few big runs from him tends to shake up their whole defense. With our oline we should not be sticking him back there like a statue ala Eli Manning. We need to move the pocket more so the defense can't just pin there ears back and aim for the same spot all game long.

#26 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

Who's getting defense? Settle down man.

You specifically said "fire, pull the trigger". You can't just expect your quarterback to toss it in anywhere when he's in the face in pressure. All that is going to do is usually lead to is turnovers. Perhaps Cam is nervous about throwing a pick, but we still need better OL play.

I said fire, or throw it away.

You can't take sacks in bunches, you can't recover consistently.

#27 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,032 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

I said fire, or throw it away.

You can't take sacks in bunches, you can't recover consistently.

fuzz is right. cam sees nobody is open which he do, he gotta make quicker decisions to try to take off and scramble around and throw it away, that's all Wilson do and it works 

#28 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,068 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

fuzz is right. cam sees nobody is open which he do, he gotta make quicker decisions to try to take off and scramble around and throw it away, that's all Wilson do and it works

Russell Wilson isn't playing behind the Panthers offensive line. He can literally throw it up, and have one of his receivers go and get it too.

#29 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

Russell Wilson isn't playing behind the Panthers offensive line. He can literally throw it up, and have one of his receivers go and get it too.

Agreed about the O line, but his pocket presence is pretty good to though.

That said, I don't watch every single pass from Wilson like I do Cam.

#30 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,068 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

Agreed about the O line, but his pocket presence is pretty good to though.

That said, I don't watch every single pass from Wilson like I do Cam.

It helps to have receivers that can bail you out every now and again.

Our #1 receiver right now is like 5'9. Steve in his younger days could go up and get it, not anymore though.

Getting Cam a taller target or two who are 6'4+ would do wonders for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com