Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delhommey

Cam and Luck forced to carry flawed offenses

63 posts in this topic

People always wants to push these young QBs into the Brees and Brady categories when they are not ready. They forget that Brees and Brady needed much time to fully develop before they became who they are now as players.

It creates unrealistic expectations that most young QBs will never live up to early in their careers. That is why smart people always preach patience, something sorely missing in this instant gratification society these days.

Brees sucked enough the first couple years. Chargers drafted Rivers

One of the most efficient offenses in the league.

Is it perfect? Nope.

Im not telling you anything. Im showing you the numbers. I guess we're not 4th in defensive sacks either cause the statistics said so and Bronocs don't lead the league in fewest QB hits and sacks, ok

Considering Cam is the leading rusher our of offense (like last year)... yeah, there's no way those numbers are skewed, right?

Idk about that 

According to the stats on nfl.com, our offensive line is 26th in the league in QB hits. The redskins are 6th

There is a very simple explanation for the difference. Not all QB hits, especially those of running QB's, are attributed to the offensive line.

The stat you are quoting is almost certainly correct, it just is a more restrictive definition than what is being used by the writer I cited. The fact remains Cam is taking a beating every week. That will wear on anybody.

Considering Cam is the leading rusher our of offense (like last year)... yeah, there's no way those numbers are skewed, right?

Oh ok then I'm corrected, he's talking about total hits he's taken overall

it only took pages but umm. Reggie Wayne is out for the season. SEASON.

once he went down so did the Colts.

This article would be better if it were only about Cam. They just can't keep Luck out of any story.

Cam ran a 4.58 and Luck ran 4.67. When it comes to running it's a big difference. Every 100th of a second counts so you can't round them and say they have similar numbers. For example, you'll find DL and LBs run 4.67 while RBs and WRs would run 4.58. Not the same type of athletes. The media need to stop insulting people's intelligence. Plus, I thought Luck was the greatest ever and Cam wasn't in his league a year ago, what gives?

You're missing it :)

what is he missing? Brady threw for 6 yards his rookie season.

Too small a sample size either way