Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wake County CO Gets 90 Day Jail Sentence for Brutally Killing Inmate

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The 2nd throw was a tad bit excessive sure, but the inmate used deadly force.

killing: A Tad Bit Excessive 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I don't see how it wasn't justified. The 2nd throw was a tad bit excessive sure, but the inmate used deadly force.

Well I guess we should hurry up and get that in the books. Single Punch = Deadly force.

(if that were actually the case he would serve no time)

Posted · Report post

I don't see how it wasn't justified. The 2nd throw was a tad bit excessive sure, but the inmate used deadly force.

When?

Posted · Report post

The biggest crime is that he was in jail for probably walking around with a bowl with no actual drugs. I'm guessing he had priors but that still sucks.

I do see this both ways. What the CO did was excessive but there is an assumption of risk and what he did was part of his job even though he obviously did it wrong. I think the average joe on the street gets felony manslaughter.

I don't have a huge problem with the sentencing or the charge. Wouldn't want it to be less.

Question I have is does he have his job back when he gets out?

Posted · Report post

The biggest crime is that he was in jail for probably walking around with a bowl with no actual drugs. I'm guessing he had priors but that still sucks.

I do see this both ways. What the CO did was excessive but there is an assumption of risk and what he did was part of his job even though he obviously did it wrong. I think the average joe on the street gets felony manslaughter.

I don't have a huge problem with the sentencing or the charge. Wouldn't want it to be less.

Question I have is does he have his job back when he gets out?

No, it's a felony charge I believe. You cannot be in law enforcement with a felony.

1 person likes this