#31 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:16 AM

f7jm.jpg

Went to the game last night. I'm not a fan of UNC or Kentucky, but it was a pretty cool experience. The game started pretty sloppy on both ends. Neither team was very effective from three or at the free throw strike. Several lazy passes, coach Cal's technical at the end of the half, and his obsession with constantly subbing doomed the Wildcats. UNC has some pretty solid shooters.

One thing I noticed was that the UNC crowd is really easy to take out of the game. They were virtually a non-factor unless UNC had the lead. But when they did, they got really loud.

#32 Cnow81

Cnow81

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

Yes. A very highly touted recruit. I don't lose sleep over recruiting like a lot of the duke fans on here - but Giles apparently is extremely sought after. There's a typical moron dookie on here who was crying for attention a couple months ago when nobody believed him that his cousin's sister's nephew was a water boy on the high school team Giles currently plays on. LOL. 

LOL.  I feel you on the recruiting thing, all of the changes/back and forth these young men do will drive you crazy.

#33 Cnow81

Cnow81

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

f7jm.jpg

Went to the game last night. I'm not a fan of UNC or Kentucky, but it was a pretty cool experience. The game started pretty sloppy on both ends. Neither team was very effective from three or at the free throw strike. Several lazy passes, coach Cal's technical at the end of the half, and his obsession with constantly subbing doomed the Wildcats. UNC has some pretty solid shooters.

One thing I noticed was that the UNC crowd is really easy to take out of the game. They were virtually a non-factor unless UNC had the lead. But when they did, they got really loud.

Yeah that's been the knock on the UNC crowd for a few years now, that's for basketball and football.

#34 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

Yeah that's been the knock on the UNC crowd for a few years now, that's for basketball and football.

Yea, I had noticed it with football, but I really didn't expect it with basketball.

The tribute to Dean Smith at the half was great. It was an honor to have experienced that.

#35 Cnow81

Cnow81

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

Yea, I had noticed it with football, but I really didn't expect it with basketball.

The tribute to Dean Smith at the half was great. It was an honor to have experienced that.

Oh wow I didn't know they were doing a tribute.  Of course it's well deserved I hope his health gets better.

#36 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,477 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

f7jm.jpg

I was on the opposite side of you, behind UK's bench right next to the band.

I wonder if other people could hear me and some of my buds going "WAHHHH" every time one of the Harrison's whined or went to the line. Did you here any of that? Or the overrated chant when Julius was at the line?

And you'd be surprised, that was easily the most alive I've ever seen/heard the place. Generally it's only the students getting loud and hyped, but even the oldies were into that game.

#37 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

I was on the opposite side of you, behind UK's bench right next to the band.

I wonder if other people could hear me and some of my buds going "WAHHHH" every time one of the Harrison's whined or went to the line. Did you here any of that? Or the overrated chant when Julius was at the line?

And you'd be surprised, that was easily the most alive I've ever seen/heard the place. Generally it's only the students getting loud and hyped, but even the oldies were into that game.

Yea. I heard the "overrated" chant near the end of the game. I didn't hear any of the "wah" stuff though.

There is no denying the UNC fans came alive when they had the lead. But early on when they were only down like 3 points, they were silent as could be. Just surprised me a little. They certainly got loud though.

#38 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,477 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

Yea. I heard the "overrated" chant near the end of the game. I didn't hear any of the "wah" stuff though.

There is no denying the UNC fans came alive when they had the lead. But early on when they were only down like 3 points, they were silent as could be. Just surprised me a little. They certainly got loud though.

It happens. The stadium would be much louder and intimidating if they did student seating better. We kinda get screwed into random sections scattered around the stadium, but we take what we can get.

A couple thousand (3,000-5,000) students stood for hours in that pouring, freezing rain just to get told they couldn't get in. Dunno why they didn't do a lottery for this game...

#39 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

It happens. The stadium would be much louder and intimidating if they did student seating better. We kinda get screwed into random sections scattered around the stadium, but we take what we can get.

A couple thousand (3,000-5,000) students stood for hours in that pouring, freezing rain just to get told they couldn't get in. Dunno why they didn't do a lottery for this game...

Yea. I thought the student seating was a little screwy, but not too bad. I didn't get to CH until about 2:00. We ate at Top Of The Hill. Their Imperial Stout was quite delicious.

#40 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

While I agree, UNC crowds have had a reputation for being somewhat subdued, I would actually venture a guess that this is a result of how up and down the team has been, and people were frankly skeered when we didn't have the lead...  I know to me, sitting at home watching, a 3 point UK lead had the 'oh no' feeling associated with it...

#41 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

While I agree, UNC crowds have had a reputation for being somewhat subdued, I would actually venture a guess that this is a result of how up and down the team has been, and people were frankly skeered when we didn't have the lead...  I know to me, sitting at home watching, a 3 point UK lead had the 'oh no' feeling associated with it...

Yea, I could feel the fans get a little tense when UK jumped out to an early lead. Like I said, they redeemed themselves with their noise level later on.

#42 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 5,425 posts
  • LocationAlmost where I want to be...

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

College b-ball is completely meaningless until tournament time. It's almost like NHL hockey- just about everyone gets in.

#43 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

Yep my son said students were in line before noon and didn't get in... That sucks! IMO first come, first serve and give them the best seats!

#44 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:48 PM

Yes. A very highly touted recruit. I don't lose sleep over recruiting like a lot of the duke fans on here - but Giles apparently is extremely sought after. There's a typical moron dookie on here who was crying for attention a couple months ago when nobody believed him that his cousin's sister's nephew was a water boy on the high school team Giles currently plays on. LOL. 

We actually should have gotten together and watched by nephew and Wesleyan play Northside here in Charlotte.  My nephew actually had 15 points and 12 boards in the game but both varsity and JV lost to Northside but you could have at least watched my nephew put on a show and see future heel, Theo Pinson.  BTW do you ever go to All American Pub?

#45 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • 13,446 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

BTW do you ever go to All American Pub?

Sure, I'll come drink beers with you at AAP. What time do you clock in? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.