Photo
- - - - -

Home crowd has made great strides this year.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#37 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

I don't think that BofA is typically full of people who attend SEC games. Do you?

I can dream can't I?

#38 Mr. Miyagi

Mr. Miyagi

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

I just wish people could

a) be there for player introductions

B) National anthem and kick-off

How hard is that?  ...given how much these tickets cost and  knowing when the game starts.

I would think, even though these are pro players, they'd like to see the crowd when they come out of the tunnel.

As one person said, 'we players live for that...that is what we hope to get from our home crowd'.

People in Charlotte fail at this over and over and over again...its like they are surprised there is 'traffic' or 'security jams'.

Most of the fans don't realize that you're supposed to arrive to tailgate at least four hours prior to kick-off.  But it seems that most don't even start tailgating until 11am or later! I don't get it. I personally try to get there as early as possible, I mean who wants to tailgate/drink for an hour or less?

#39 French Navy

French Navy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

This was my first home game this year.  I thought the crowd was pretty good. Better than I have seen in the past.

We are clearly a fanbase-in-transition though. In the Jets game I sat in the home side, lower level, and there were a bunch of other 20 somethings around me being loud as fug, cheering during the right times, knowing player names, etc. 

On the other hand, there were still plenty of quiet "Panther" fans, who didn't yell/cheer/stand, and kept looking at me and the others like "why are you being loud".  Those people always disappear sometime in the third qtr, never to be seen again. Me and my buddies have always wondered where they go. 

#40 jtm

jtm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

Most of the fans don't realize that you're supposed to arrive to tailgate at least four hours prior to kick-off. But it seems that most don't even start tailgating until 11am or later! I don't get it. I personally try to get there as early as possible, I mean who wants to tailgate/drink for an hour or less?

Tailgating at 830-9 am is not very fun and this is why NFL tailgating isn't the same as college. Most games start at 1 and this isn't ideal. College tailgates aren't that lively for 1230 kick offs either.

#41 jtm

jtm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

Majority white collar? That's laughable. The majority are unemployed or making very low wages.

Sorry buddy, CLT is a white collar town and the majority are not unemployed or low wage.

#42 rg3and10

rg3and10

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:56 PM

Sorry buddy, CLT is a white collar town and the majority are not unemployed or low wage.

I don't think you know what majority means. There are more people who are unemployed or making less than $30k/year than those making 6 figures.

#43 jtm

jtm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

I don't think you know what majority means. There are more people who are unemployed or making less than $30k/year than those making 6 figures.

Unemployment under 7% and median household income over $50k, but who cares about numbers. And as a FYI, white collar typically refers to the kind of work you do, not necessarily the amount. White collar is usually referred to as office type work versus construction. You must not be from CLT. .

#44 TrueBlackandBlue

TrueBlackandBlue

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

Seasons like this are great for our fanbase. I'm a part of the first generation of homegrown Panther fans being 7 during their first season and it is terribly frustrating having so many friends that cheer for their parents teams. But don't crap on anyone that hops on the bandwagon during a successful season because a percentage of those bandwagoners will never get off.

#45 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:20 AM

I didn't say App State or West Virginia.

That may be the case with the boone locals. How many Trivettes can their fuging be.

#46 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

Unemployment under 7% and median household income over $50k, but who cares about numbers. And as a FYI, white collar typically refers to the kind of work you do, not necessarily the amount. White collar is usually referred to as office type work versus construction. You must not be from CLT. .

Don't feed the troll

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

#47 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

Unemployment under 7% 

In Japan?