Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More love from Grantland: NFL All Bargain Team

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Maybe it is wishful thinking due to cap restraints, but Mitchell and Hardy are "must bring back" players.

I was worried about Mitchell's aggressiveness hurting us with ill timed penalties, but so far he has been awesome. Really want him back

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd like to think we could retain both Cap and Mitchell for 3-4 mil a year.  I'd say its worth it.  Both are flawed players, but they play important roles.  Cap is as good a slot guy that you can get, plus he's versatile (blitzing, dangerous with the ball in his hands).

Posted

The fact Mitchell is making 725 k is shocking.

He wants a bigger payday we can tell that on the field.

I'll admit he's worth twice that, unless we can find something comparable for cheap.

Posted

iirc cutting godfrey would hit us with 5m in dead money

unless gettleman does something magical there's a pretty good chance godfrew will be here next year eating up 7m of our cap space

Save us 2-3 million

Posted

I'll admit he's worth twice that, unless we can find something comparable for cheap.

I wouldn't mind giving a guy like Mitchell a 3 year contract at say 3.5 mill per. He'd have some bites in the open market you'd think.

Posted

I'm enjoying this season like I love an early nut in the morning but I hate it when I read threads like these that keep reminding you how many players have 1 yr deals and free agency and cap issue.

I really hope Dave does something cause I haven't been this excited since 2008 and not to say I haven't these past 5 years but disappointment has hit us all even early this season. I want our Swag to keep growing, going and this current defense is jelling. The only other defense I see that jell like we do is the Seahawks. Our coaches get it, our players get it, and even fans get it, creating a winning atmosphere with a QB that can truck just about every safety in the league...okay I dunno where I'm going with this. Enjoy and let's hope we can keep having key contributors for years to come

Posted

This is why I love Rivera. He makes scrubs and no-names into a really a good defense. Who needs cap space when you have a coach that cam do that?

Posted

Cap and Mitchell aren't worth much more than we pay them. They are doing a good job but they are definitely our weakness.

Posted

Also ex-Panthers on the team, Geoff Schwartz as a Chief and George Selvie as a Cowboy.

Doesn't THE Everette Brown play and start for Cowboys too?