Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is our stadium designed to dump rain water on fans?

59 posts in this topic

Posted

Lol.  This happened at ONE spot in the entire 70000+ seat stadium.  Sooooooo inconsiderate of that scrooge of an owner!

Point taken, but to be exact it happens in quite a few spots around the stadium and the person caught under it is always there by choice trying to get 15 mins of fame. 

Posted

There isnt a gutter or drain pipe tgat could possibly handle that much water. It is what it is.

Posted

Most buildings in the world probably have SOME sort of an issue. The stadium simply wasn't built perfectly. Life goes on.

I do hope we get a new stadium one day though. Sure I loved BOA and spent seven years in MY seat, lol, but it's sorely outdated now. I'd like to see something in an irregular shape and not the classic oval shape.

Posted

there aren't too many drainage systems that can handle a southern rain storm. there's just too much water coming down too fast.

Posted

I was thinking about this myself. You would like to see your fans not have rain dumped on their heads but hell it's an outdoor stadium built in the mid 90s. The bottom line is you have 13 acres of stadium with a couple inches of water in a short period of time. You can't drain away that much water that quickly without it going somewhere. It's no different than driving down the street and seeing a gutter and catch basin overflowing. Well there is one difference, the water was landing on the fans.

1 person likes this

Posted

Still haven't cleaned the leaves from the gutters.

Posted

Just for perspective, at least this didn't happen with us in the building.

121210-NFL-metrodome2-PI-AM_201012121219

PH2010121204422.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Just for perspective, at least this didn't happen with us in the building.

121210-NFL-metrodome2-PI-AM_201012121219

PH2010121204422.jpg

Yeah, didn't that kill a guy?

Posted

Still haven't cleaned the leaves from the gutters.

Good thing I don't own BOA because that would be the reason for the flooding.

1 person likes this

Posted

As I stated in another thread, I am so sick of the JR bashing.  Now he is expected to figure a way for several inches of rain to evaporate after landing in a stadium that is shaped like a bowl. 

2 people like this

Posted

As I stated in another thread, I am so sick of the JR bashing.  Now he is expected to figure a way for several inches of rain to evaporate after landing in a stadium that is shaped like a bowl. 

leave-britney-alone.gif

2 people like this

Posted

Speaking as an engineer. This could be a case of not considering heavy flow rate through the drain. It may run onto the perfect spot under normal flow rates. Maybe the stadium upgrades will move them.

LOL ... or too many Bojangles boxes covering the drains.

Was the water pouring over the concrete barrier in the upper deck's front row or through holes designed for another purpose?  I was too busy admiring the pools being created in the lower level.  It still wasn't as bad as the Jags game.