Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can we discuss Smitty's absense, and it's effect on our Offense?

69 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Spreading the ball around was a miss type

Do you think Cam is a top 5 qb?

Of all the young QBs, I would put Cam, Dalton, and Russel in the top three.  

Posted · Report post

Of all the young QBs, I would put Cam, Dalton, and Russel in the top three.  

Me personally, I think Cam is better than all of them, 

Thats why I put him in the top 10, but he isn't elite yet. He will get there though, sooner rather than later. 

Throwing receivers open is essential in being a great qb, Cam has been doing that well this season. However when you lose a guy like #89 who can compensate for the occasional bad pass, you have to be even more precise and deliberate in each throw.

Thats what has made Tom Brady successful and what will make Cam unbeatable

Posted · Report post

Cam has been spreading the ball around very well this year.

Smitty has actually had a drop in yards and TDs over the past two seasons because of this.

There was a noticeable difference on the field because even though Smith isnt Cam's 'go to' target anymore, he still usually commands the opposing teams best Cornerback. Lafell, Ginn and Hixon are not guys that are used to being covered by CB1s. They showed that they can make a few plays with the win last week, so I will not complain, but I will say that this is their oppertunity to step up to the plate. Big plays from big players in big games. Both LaFell and Ginn are up for contract after this season. Do work.

Posted · Report post

Brandon Lafell. SMH

Posted · Report post

Brandon Lafell. SMH

Surely you meant Donald LaFell

Posted · Report post

Surely you meant Donald LaFell

Are you guys really still messing with the Donald Lafell thing? Quit it already yal.

I meant Moose 2.0

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[URL=http://s148.photobucket.com/user/chucklee_5/media/KELVINBENJAMIN2_zpse55c5ff2.jpg.html]KELVINBENJAMIN2_zpse55c5ff2.jpg[/URL]

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

No way he falls to us in the first

Posted · Report post

Apparently Cam's hurt ankle made it more difficult to step into his throws and was part of the reason why they were going high. I really want to see more plays like the Ginn reception where the throw was just good enough for him to run after the catch.

Posted · Report post

Me personally, I think Cam is better than all of them, 

Thats why I put him in the top 10, but he isn't elite yet. He will get there though, sooner rather than later. 

Throwing receivers open is essential in being a great qb, Cam has been doing that well this season. However when you lose a guy like #89 who can compensate for the occasional bad pass, you have to be even more precise and deliberate in each throw.

Thats what has made Tom Brady successful and what will make Cam unbeatable

Three things: Tom Brady makes many bad throws but his receivers get the blame from the media. Smitty for as good as he is, is not getting younger and isn't Cam's A.J. Green nor Megatron. Cam is a threat to those who want to pigeon-hole him. That is 99% of the white media.

It is clear those in the media are intentionally painting Cam as nothing more than a typical "mobile QB" because they are narrowminded and he's a threat to their image of "traditional" QB.  No matter how he performs or does with this team, they will find ways of saying,he's good but not good enough to be amongst their "elite QBs" which when you realize, are pretty much all white. The more he proves the nay-sayers wrong, the more they find something new and even more petty to latch onto so they can dismiss him. What is happening to Cam is a damn shame, especially in this time and age. A black QB will NEVER be placed in the same realm as the chosen QBs who are usually white.

As a matter of fact, there was a Luck/Russel discussion on NFLN a couple of weeks ago. And they were discussing which QB would have a longer career in the NFL. The automatic answer was Luck. And what was the rational? That he was more of a "traditional pocket passing" QB. Whatever that means. Pretty much saying the Russell could never be trained to become a Pocker Passing QB. Hmmmmmm

It's has gotten so bad that whenever Cam's name comes up in a conversation on ESPN/NFLN, you can pretty feel the energy shift. Many of the blacks Analysts will either sing his praises, while the whites start with the usual subject observation of his so called "maturity, decision making skills and leadership," or the blacks will tow the talking points line and stick to the script. I've noticed that even when they interview Rivera, it's the same BS questions they have created for Cam.  But when someone like Luke is mentioned, the whites comes to life and it's endless praises. Cam seems to be hurting a whole lot of white folks egos and they seem hellbent on not being proven wrong.

Posted · Report post

Jesus your posts are long.

too long..

I didn't read.

To the left, to the left and did i say to the left

Posted · Report post

The good news in all of this is that we've become much less dependant on Smitty. That's not a knock against Smith, and we're better off with him on the field but Cam has evolved to the point where he's going through his reads and finding the open guy regardless of the # on his jersey. 

Take the game winning drive against the Saints as an example, Ginn and Hixon helped make that happen. I may be crazy, but I feel comfortable with Olsen, LaFell, Ginn and Hixon.