#76 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:22 AM

The largest issue with losing weight once someone becomes an adult is the mental aspect of it.  I would wager that most obese and morbid-obese were well on their way to their lifestyle at 10 years old or earlier.   It's really cool to post pictures and make fat jokes, because we all know it's the last OK form of discrimination, but no, it's not as easy as some of you have said.  It's simple, a child cannot dictate what he/she eats, obviously.   They eat what the parent(s) provide and before you know it that child is an adult and now yes, they can earn their own money, but they are way down the line.  Not to mention it impedes them from getting some jobs, therefore they may have to take a lower paying job that doesn't entitle them to organic foods and gym memberships.    They are pretty much just long gone at this point and all they see is Mr. Everest in front of them waiting to be climbed.  Combined with the fact that some people began over-eating as a child as a coping device for problems in the home or elsewhere.  This is a terrible bad habit and one that is hard to kick.  

All those things are psychological issues but yet no one really sees them as that, therefore no sympathy is given.   Everyone hates the fat people, but usually no positive encouragement is ever given.   I don't know why they get so much hate, if it wasn't for them then the beautiful people wouldn't realize they are such.   And lets be honest, a good chunk of the people that constantly hate on fat people were just blessed with good genes and/or a fast metabolism.   

#77 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,408 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

I'm fat, it's my own doing.

I'm trying to change, but it's not going well.

#78 †William Moore†

†William Moore†

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationSouth Atlanta

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:19 AM

Are people born fat or is it a choice? 

#79 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,408 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

I grew up in a house where we weren't allowed to leave the table until our plates were clean. Junk food was always available and I learned a lot of bad habits I have today, but I know better now and have for a very long time. I have no excuses despite my poor mobility.

#80 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,797 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

The largest issue with losing weight once someone becomes an adult is the mental aspect of it.  I would wager that most obese and morbid-obese were well on their way to their lifestyle at 10 years old or earlier.   It's really cool to post pictures and make fat jokes, because we all know it's the last OK form of discrimination, but no, it's not as easy as some of you have said.  It's simple, a child cannot dictate what he/she eats, obviously.   They eat what the parent(s) provide and before you know it that child is an adult and now yes, they can earn their own money, but they are way down the line.  Not to mention it impedes them from getting some jobs, therefore they may have to take a lower paying job that doesn't entitle them to organic foods and gym memberships.    They are pretty much just long gone at this point and all they see is Mr. Everest in front of them waiting to be climbed.  Combined with the fact that some people began over-eating as a child as a coping device for problems in the home or elsewhere.  This is a terrible bad habit and one that is hard to kick.  

All those things are psychological issues but yet no one really sees them as that, therefore no sympathy is given.   Everyone hates the fat people, but usually no positive encouragement is ever given.   I don't know why they get so much hate, if it wasn't for them then the beautiful people wouldn't realize they are such.   And lets be honest, a good chunk of the people that constantly hate on fat people were just blessed with good genes and/or a fast metabolism.   

My Mother was heavy and my is Uncle too. A few years back I weighed myself and was over 300lbs... I started eating better and walking/running 3 miles a day, after almost a year I had gotten down to 195. Now I am at around 225.  I don't go out of my way to make fun of anybody, but sometimes a joke is just a joke with no malice behind it.

#81 SmokinwithWilly

SmokinwithWilly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

Been gone for a couple of weeks and I decided to do an experiment. For 10 days I ate much healthier. Meals/snacks consisted of lot of vegetables, nuts, whole grains and what animal protien I did eat was only a couple of times, fish and chicken. The next 4 days I ate like I had been eating before this experiment. After 4 days I had to stop. I couldn't take it anymore. My body felt sick. I felt sluggish, heavy, greasy and dirty.It actually began to hurt to eat.

I can say with all honesty I didn't realize how much what I was eating affected me because I had never done anything like this before. What I can say is my mind has been changed regarding why I eat. I am not worried about being full and satisfied so much now as I am about not feeling like crap. While I realize this isn't going to be an easy transition, I'm actually looking forward to it.

#82 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • LocationRotting slowly in Afghanistan

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:49 AM

Im literally doing the exact opposite thing that all of you are haha (hipster joke added). Kcal expenditure has alot to do with what youre eating not just what youre burning--> Common knowledge. But alot of fat loss has to do with hormone imbalances and our levels of cortisol. here are some negative side effects  that cortisol has on our system: 

(Just to name a few)

1. excess body fat

2. insulin resistance

3. decreased test and increased estrogen and estrone (a form of estrogen)

4. decreased growth hormone

5. collagen loss

6. decreased amino acid uptake and decreased protein synthesis.

7. inhibits immune function

8. inhibits sodium and potassium loss

9. inhibits fluid loss via kidneys

10. depletes copper in the body

11. reduces calcium absorption 

12. increases blood pressure

Those are just a few of the symptoms.

If you want to lose weight, change enviroments and reduce cortisol. If your boss is a dick or dickette, change jobs. If your diet is poo, change it. If you have a douche for a signifigant other, dump their ass. 

Its all about balance.

Venom has it partially correct. But a meatless diet is not the way to go. My girlfriend is a dedicated vegan and the effects on here are apparent. Shes lost a ton of weight but, you can see that shes operating on a protein deficiency. Dont get me wrong, shes not starving, but shes not nourished as well as she could be. If you want to lose your gut, change your diet, change your enviroment, change or upgrade your training, raise your testosterone levels (both male and female. Im not talking about over doing it, but enough to stimulate fat loss) and lower your estrogen levels. 

#83 Creepster

Creepster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNot telling

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

Everyone knows that its con agra and archer daniels midlands fault that we have become a nation of lard asses.  They have ensnared us with delicious foods loaded up with high fructose corn syrups.  What chance do we have against that  ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.