179 replies to this topic

#46 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

Better is better. Offense is more efficient and effective as is Cam under Shula.

I am not a Shula guy. I want Norv.

and keep in mind, the 2013 supporting O cast for Cam is the worst he has had here

Again I point to our last 5 games under chud last season when he had the offense roaring. 

as a whole Cam played very poorly over the first half of the season last year, but had a coming of age over the last 5 games and played like a man. Shula benefits to having a more matured Cam Newton after Chud had him while going through the growing pains.

#47 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

Again I point to our last 5 games under chud last season when he had the offense roaring.

as a whole Cam played very poorly over the first half of the season last year, but had a coming of age over the last 5 games and played like a man. Shula benefits to having a more matured Cam Newton after Chud had him while going through the growing pains.

You mean when he called a Shula like offense?

#48 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,317 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

what do you expect them to Say? oh yeah we like Chud we wish we had him over our Current OC? they are never going to say that . and I'm sure D-will really doesn't like Chud because he liked to pass, but also with how badly he has played the last few seasons I can't exactly blame Chud for not using him. D-will has been borderline bad for most of the last 3 years since he got paid.

89 don't hold back. He has been adamant that Chud was a problem and strongly defends Shula. You think he would ding Chud if he wasn't a problem?

#49 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

I just want Shula gone.  If we can get Norv out of this, that is a win.

#50 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

I just want Shula gone. If we can get Norv out of this, that is a win.

I want our OL fixed first and foremost.....

Our rush attack is a joke. We need to give Cam a rush attack to playoff of not one were he is forced to pad their stats so they don't look bad

#51 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

i guess norv chose poorly.

lol. perfect.

#52 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:58 PM

fug you Norv Turner you picked the wrong team. Now go get him Ron and demote Shula.

I'd be ok with this, provided Shula doesn't dominate in the playoffs

#53 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:58 PM

Huh? I'm not trying to jump into this argument:

But It was "Chud's offense" that screwed up Cam's first half of the season in the first place (not his "growing pains"), and Rivera has already acknowledged this to Albert Breer at NFL.com

And it took Chud, making the offense more conventional, when Cam played much better the second half of the season, after the Chud first half shenanigans. 

This is all documented via Albert Breer, and local papers. This is not the National Media or fans, who don't follow the Panthers or Cam's development.  

#54 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

You mean when he called a Shula like offense?

Was it Chud calling the game?

It's a different ball game when you know you can't rely on the Defense(last two years) and when You can(this year),  you tend to go to more gimmicky plays hoping you can pull something off(watch Tampa bay lately?).  And that's what has made watching the Offense this season so frustrating, last year we were winning in spite of the Defense and lost a lot of games because of them, but this year like the Falcons game today and the Saints game last week we have won in Spite of the Offense, Honestly these past two weeks with our season on the line to watch the Offense almost piss it away has been infuriating to me so yeah I'm over Shula, he's turning into what everyone was fearing that he would turn into mid season, I just hope we get our poo together before we either play the Eagles or the NFCC, because if this is all our offense can do we are in serious trouble.

#55 Carolina Cajun

Carolina Cajun

Short Bus Allstar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

I don't mind Chud's offensive philosophy, but I can't bring myself to want him to come back, even though I really want Shula to go somewhere, anywhere else.  Chud was a divisive cancer in the locker room as by the comments of panthers this season.  My guess is that more than the performance on the field, there was a negative feel in the locker room because of him, and that's probably why he's not gonna be a coach there next season.

#56 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:01 PM

Was it Chud calling the game?

It's a different ball game when you know you can't rely on the Defense(last two years) and when You can(this year), and that's what has made watching the Offense this season so frustrating, last year we were winning in spite of the Defense and lost a lot of games because of them, but this year like the Falcons game today and the Saints game last week we have won in Spite of the Offense, Honestly these past two weeks with our season on the line to watch the Offense almost piss it away has been infuriating to me so yeah I'm over Shula, he's turning into what everyone was fearing that he would turn into mid season, I just hope we get our poo together before we either play the Eagles or the NFCC, because if this is all our offense can do we are in serious trouble.

Yes, the end of 2012 Chud was calling the O......one that looked like the one Shula has run all season

I am not a Shula fanboy and I think our O is weak....but Chud sucks.

#57 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

I want our OL fixed first and foremost.....

Our rush attack is a joke. We need to give Cam a rush attack to playoff of not one were he is forced to pad their stats so they don't look bad

OL was pretty good in pass protection today and has been mostly, the right side is bad though but we'll get people back.  If we had running backs who can create their own holes, we could run.  DWill sucks without a huge open hole so he NEEDS a top-5 line (like in 2008) and Stewart is about the same.  Tolbert can make his own holes but Shula forgets he's on the roster for 3/4 of the game usually.  

#58 Boxhead85

Boxhead85

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

I guess the dream job is no more Chud. Happy trails!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#59 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

Browns....what a mess. No matter what you think of him, it is not fair to Chud.  I think we were all surprised he got an HC gig (count me among those who are grateful from a Panther perspective). But, geez...give the man a chance.

While it does seem fast to get rid of him, if what we are hearing is true this may be the better move for the organization. Sometimes a guy struggles because it's a new world to him and he needs to figure out how to be a head coach. Sometimes a guy struggles because he has a vision and it doesn't matter what other people think, he's going to do it regardless of the results. I think Chud is much more of the latter than the former, and he managed to make a lot of people upset in that locker room in a short period of time, just as he did here. He's a smart guy when it comes to football, but maybe not so much when it comes to people.

#60 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

Huh? I'm not trying to jump into this argument:

But It was "Chud's offense" that screwed up Cam's first half of the season in the first place (not his "growing pains"), and Rivera has already acknowledged this to Albert Breer at NFL.com

And it took Chud, making the offense more conventional, when Cam played much better the second half of the season, after the Chud first half shenanigans. 

This is all documented via Albert Breer, and local papers. This is not the National Media or fans, who don't follow the Panthers or Cam's development.  

I had a huge argument about this while it was going on, had a thread that didn't just get locked but deleted altogether(was like 12 pages long), only reason I didn't bring it back up at the end of the season and do a big "see here!".

I have no clue who Albert Breer is so should I care? 

as I said before the unconventionalism of the offense was due to the poor play of the Defense, it's one of those things where you win you are a genius you lose you are a idiot, I don't react nearly that bad to things as most fans here and look at the bigger picture, been screaming about the Defensive issues and explaining it's impact on the Team for two years and we finally get the Defense and Cam grows up and no nobody wants to recognize I've been right the whole time(again my biggest thread on this last year was deleted).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com