18 replies to this topic

#16 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

well, he was cut nearly a year after publishing an open letter to a Maryland politician. I would rank that as his biggest distraction.

http://m.huffpost.co.../entry/1866216/

But I agree - he was a very good punter and his outspoken nature probably had much to do with being cut.

I think you're misunderstanding what I said. He was replaced by a punter that was more efficient and cheaper, and then was cut by the raiders. I'm just saying it's not like the guy hadn't been regressing unlike Rhodes.

#17 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,298 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

I heard this story on NPR tonight. 

I am not saying this guy wasn't cut because of his being outspoken.  But he was a average/middle of the league punter, the guy who replaced him had similar number and they saved about a million in salary cap. 

#18 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,298 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

well, he was cut nearly a year after publishing an open letter to a Maryland politician. I would rank that as his biggest distraction.

http://m.huffpost.co.../entry/1866216/

But I agree - he was a very good punter and his outspoken nature probably had much to do with being cut.

He was a decent punter, not a very good one.  His numbers put him around 16th or 17th in punting average and net average. 

#19 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,131 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

Remember...Kluwe is a Deadspin darling.  I love Deadspin but they are a very liberal lot and making this guy out to be something more than he really is. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.