45 replies to this topic

#1 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,517 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

these things seem to operate cyclically and get re-birthed (lol) every once in a while and spread memetically across social media. here is the latest, from a blog entitled The Minority Report Blog dot com, with an article entitled "Obama Busted: Birth Cert Contains Words/Places That Did Not Exist In 1961! African American & Kenya." Sounds like quality journalism! Must click and share!

it reads like a forwarded message from your racist aunt sally 

4 Simple Questions from a New Jersey Attorney…

1. Back in 1961 people of color were called ‘Negroes.’ So how can the Obama ’birth certificate’ state he is “African-American” when the term wasn’t even used at that time?

2. The birth certificate that the White House released lists Obama’s birth as August 4, 1961 & Lists Barack Hussein Obama as his father. No big deal, right ? At the time of Obama’s birth, it also shows that his father is aged 25 years old, and that Obama’s father was born in “Kenya , East Africa”.

This wouldn’t seem like anything of concern, except the fact that Kenya did not even exist until 1963, two whole years after Obama’s birth, and 27 years after his father’s birth. How could Obama’s father have been born in a country that did not yet Exist? Up and until Kenya was formed in 1963, it was known as the “British East Africa Protectorate”. (check it below)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenya_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenya)

3. On the Birth Certificate released by the White House, the listed place of birth is “Kapi’olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital”. This cannot be, because the hospital(s) in question in 1961 were called ”KauiKeolani Children’s Hospital” and “Kapi’olani Maternity Home”, respectively. The name did not change to Kapi’olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital until 1978, when these two hospitals merged. How can this particular name of the hospital be on a birth certificate dated 1961 if this name had not yet been applied to it until 1978?

(CHECK IT BELOW)

http://http/http/www...us/default.aspx
(http://www.kapiolani...us/default.aspx)

Why hasn’t this been discussed in the major media ?

4. Perhaps a clue comes from Obama’s book on his father. He states how proud he is of his father fighting in WW II. I’m not a math genius, so I may need some help from you. Barack Obama’s “birth certificate” says his father was 25 years old in 1961 when Obama was born. That should have put his father’s date of birth approximately 1936 – if my math holds (Honest! I did That without a calculator!). Now we need a non-revised history book – one that hasn’t been altered to satisfy the author’s goals – to verify that WW II was basically between 1939 and 1945. Just how many 3 year olds fight in Wars? Even in the latest stages of WW II his father wouldn’t have been more than 9 years old. Does that mean that Mr. Obama is a liar, or simply chooses to alter the facts to satisfy his imagination or political purposes?

If you copy and paste the following into your search engine, you will see Obama making the statement that his father served in WWII.

Very truly yours,

RICHARD R. SILVERLIEB

Attorney at Law

354 Eisenhower Parkway

Livingston , NJ 07039

“A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens.”

ordinary southerners (in my experience, the evangelical crowd) are reading this and sharing it with thoughtful analysis like "hmmmm" and "well this looks Suspicious" and as they're a significant constituency base of the republican party i think it's worth noting how dangerous confirmation biases are in supporting lunatic viewpoints, particularly in the age of information when it's ironically easier than ever to accept or reject the validity of data based on whether or not it fits your predetermined point of view.

a lesson we can all take to heart

#2 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,101 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

So, confirmation bias, you say?

#3 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,517 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

i did, yes

#4 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,887 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

Pertaining to Number 1. (and I don't even research this birther crap)

In the 20th century, many black Americans shifted from colored to ***** to black and, most recently, to African-American, sometimes within one generation. "I've had to check several different boxes in my lifetime," said Donna Brazile, former Democratic campaign manager in the 2000 presidential race. "In my birth certificate I'm identified as a *****. Then I was black. Now I readily check African-American. I have a group of friends and we call ourselves the colored girls sometimes, to remind ourselves that we aren’t too far from that, either." The term African-American has crept steadily into the nation's vocabulary since 1988, when the Rev. Jesse Jackson held a news conference to urge Americans to use it to refer to blacks. "It puts us in our proper historical context," Jackson said then, adding in a recent interview that he still favored the term. "Every ethnic group in this country has a reference to some land base, some historical cultural base. African-Americans have hit that level of cultural maturity."

#5 GWBNostrils

GWBNostrils

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

Or we gave it to them? Each and every time

#6 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,657 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

Thought I read somewhere the birth certificate in question was purchased in late 1963, Dallas Texas on a grassy knoll from guys wearing police uniforms....

#7 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

The one I do find interesting is his statements about his father fighting in WWII....at age three.

Not really the whole birther issue, just more evidence that the guy is just a damn liar.

#8 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,887 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

Pertaining to Number 1. (and I don't even research this birther crap)

In the 20th century, many black Americans shifted from colored to ***** to black and, most recently, to African-American, sometimes within one generation. "I've had to check several different boxes in my lifetime," said Donna Brazile, former Democratic campaign manager in the 2000 presidential race. "In my birth certificate I'm identified as a *****. Then I was black. Now I readily check African-American. I have a group of friends and we call ourselves the colored girls sometimes, to remind ourselves that we aren’t too far from that, either." The term African-American has crept steadily into the nation's vocabulary since 1988, when the Rev. Jesse Jackson held a news conference to urge Americans to use it to refer to blacks. "It puts us in our proper historical context," Jackson said then, adding in a recent interview that he still favored the term. "Every ethnic group in this country has a reference to some land base, some historical cultural base. African-Americans have hit that level of cultural maturity."

The words that are blocked are "knee grow", not a different derogatory phrase by the way

#9 GWBNostrils

GWBNostrils

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

The one I do find interesting is his statements about his father fighting in WWII....at age three.

Not really the whole birther issue, just more evidence that the guy is just a damn liar.

Stanley Armour Dunham. google it

#10 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,657 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

Only if you're believing what you're reading in the guy's sources. I've never been too wrapped up in this supposed controversy because it seems pretty simple and silly and I've never done any research, but I've never heard Obama talk about his father in WW2... aside from the fact it seems as though this particular point might have been caught and blown up by the Rush Limbaugh crowd many years ago if there was any truth to it...

#11 GWBNostrils

GWBNostrils

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

Only if you're believing what you're reading in the guy's sources. I've never been too wrapped up in this supposed controversy because it seems pretty simple and silly and I've never done any research, but I've never heard Obama talk about his father in WW2...

The only father influence he had was Stanley Dunhma, his grandfather, whom he was referring to and who actually did fight in WWII. But you know how far the fake outrage can take a person like madhatter 

#12 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

Stanley Armour Dunham. google it

I said that I found it interesting....as I had not heard this claim. I did not say that I had researched it.

#13 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,517 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

decent synopsis of it here

#14 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,887 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

In other news, a recently surfaced death certificate of Booker T Washington states he was a member of the Black Panthers.

#15 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:57 AM

Where he was born was really never an issue for me...the fact he was raised outside of the US was more of an issue with me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com