Photo
- - - - -

Are there ANY analysts that think we win on Sunday?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

We've gone 11-1 over our last 12 including wins over the Patriots, Saints just a few weeks ago without Steve Smith, and oh yeah the Niners on the road and yet I haven't found ONE analyst that thinks we win on Sunday. Are they out there? National sports media is overwhelmingly 49ers. Haven't had a chance to hear the morning show on WFNZ, but Frank Garcia and Marc James think the 49ers will win and they're on the air from 10am-7pm. Our own fearless leader on the Huddle thinks our offensive coordinator will be our undoing. Even Ric f'ing Flair has jumped on the Niners bandwagon.

Holy jeebus, I can't remember a time analysts have given us so little a chance when we're healthy and on a roll. Probably not since Super Bowl XXXVIII. All this against a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl since before the Panthers existed and a team that hasn't beaten us since George Seifert was our head coach. WOW. This week is aggravating the hell out of me, can we just play the damn game already?

#2 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,779 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

David Newton.

#3 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,784 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

don't care, they're just guessing at this point. they could be right, they could be wrong. i think we have a fair shot, which is what we've had all season, and we've come out on top twelve times out of sixteen.

i'll take those odds.

#4 rko396

rko396

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

Id say about the same as the number of Huddle users that claimed Cam would never once have a game winning drive

#5 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

Id say about the same as the number of Huddle users that claimed Cam would never once have a game winning drive

http://www.carolinah...for-cam-newton/

#6 Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel

Respect the Rivera

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

I heard Theismann (sp.) on 610 yesterday hesitate when asked who he thought would win.  He started to say Carolina, but because he picked SF for his Super Bowl picks before the season started, he went with SF.  Fug him anyway... not really a fan of his, but I think he believes we will win.

#7 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,603 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

Pete Prisco thinks we will win.

#8 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

Pete Prisco, Will Brison, Ryan Van Bibber, Matt Ufford and that's about it.

#9 rko396

rko396

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

http://www.carolinah...for-cam-newton/

So one random thread from 3 years ago over shadows an attention seeking, ridiculously asinine bet you made 100% doubting the guy just a few months back?

Not how things work. Sorry.

#10 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

I don't know you are rko396, but I'm glad to see I have another groupie that can't stop thinking about me on the Huddle.

#11 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

Pete Prisco, Will Brison, Ryan Van Bibber, Matt Ufford and that's about it.

Pete Prisco blocked me on Twitter, Will Brinson is a Raleigh guy IIRC, don't know who the other two are. I hope these guys beat their chests on Sunday though when we win, they'll definitely have earned it.

#12 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,811 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

Tom Jackson will pick us Sunday morning.

#13 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationHollyweird, CA

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

Me. I may as well be an analyst. I can talk all day about an unpredictable outcome and be 100% certain who will win. I choose … the SexPanthers.

#14 rko396

rko396

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

I don't know you are rko396, but I'm glad to see I have another groupie that can't stop thinking about me on the Huddle.

I dont forget idiots. I treat you like dogs and rub your nose in it. All you wanted was attention right? Well you got it.

Whats sad is how badly you wish u were a celebrity or someone with any importance whatsoever; with your "groupie" talk. You're one step away from claiming you have "haters"

#15 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

Amazingly...Walter Football: http://walterfootbal...2013_19late.php

This is my favorite play of the week. I love Carolina for the following reasons: 

1. This spread is at least four points off. I have the Panthers as a three-point favorite. These teams are right next to each other in my NFL Power Rankings, so given that Carolina gets a field goal for homefield advantage, the line should be -3. The spread is +1, however, because... 

2. The public is overreacting to San Francisco's victory at Lambeau. It was one of the most-watched football games in league history, and everyone saw Kaepernick run around and beat Aaron Rodgers. Now, everyone has the 49ers winning this contest. The analysts on ESPN are going nuts. For example, Bill Simmons and Cousin Sal both hinted that it was a lock the 49ers would win by three. Bill Plaschke called San Francisco the best team in the NFL. Perhaps they are, but how can you possibly tell that with a three-point victory over an 8-7-1 team missing two of its best defensive players? If Micah Hyde didn't drop that interception, the Packers would be battling Carolina right now. 

3. Speaking of the public, they are absolutely pounding the 49ers, yet the sharps are all over the Panthers. They know value when they see it, and there's no reason Carolina should be a home dog. 

4. The 49ers have to deal with some Circadian rhythms, as Roger Goodell, in his infinite wisdom, scheduled this game to kick off at 1 p.m. This screwed over the Seahawks in Atlanta last year. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.