Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard Sherman ranks Cam as the 7th smartest QB

51 posts in this topic

Posted

haha, I like him, but I fear he may be a bit bias there with a couple of his picks.  Still a fun read.  Love to see stuff from players, even though I don't take it as gospel, their outlook is different (not better, not worse, imo, different) from typical sports journalists and I really like that

Posted

Note, however, what QB is not on that list - despite Sherman having played them in-division.  Wonder why? ;)

3 people like this

Posted

Sherman is totally wrong about one point: 

The thing that sets him apart is that he’ll change it to a run play if you don’t have enough players in the box, and they’ll get five or six yards because you’re not ready for it. Nobody else has both the authority to do that within their offense and the understanding to know when it’s appropriate.

That's a load, because the majority of quarterbacks do that and have the authority to audible to run plays. It's a pretty standard part of the job.

Posted

Best arm: Andrew Luck...?

IIRC, arm strength was the one semi-knock on Luck coming out of college.

Posted

yeah, i thought that run game thing was pretty obvious. a head scratcher for sure

Posted

Best arm: Andrew Luck...?

IIRC, arm strength was the one semi-knock on Luck coming out of college.

No idea, because Luck's accuracy is actually somewhat erratic, and he's not on the Cam/Cutler/Kaepernick tier in arm strength either.

Posted

No idea, because Luck's accuracy is actually somewhat erratic, and he's not on the Cam/Cutler/Kaepernick tier in arm strength either.

Underrating Lucks Arm 

Posted

Underrating Lucks Arm 

So Andrew Luck has the best arm in the entire NFL right now? Yeah, not remotely true.

1 person likes this

Posted

Best arm, probably.

Best arm is not strongest arm.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

1 person likes this

Posted

Agreed being able to make ALL the throws and with touch so the WRs can make a play after the catch is invaluable.

Cam still needs work on fade throws and he misses open seam passes way too often..his Arm strength is A++ Cam offers a lot of other intangibles that despite similar combine 40 times, Luck is incapable of duplicating.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sherman is totally wrong about one point:

That's a load, because the majority of quarterbacks do that and have the authority to audible to run plays. It's a pretty standard part of the job.

I think his point was Manning does it significantly better.....and has more overall power in his offense than most