Photo
- - - - -

2014 Defensive Backs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
122 replies to this topic

#13 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

Without considering the draft situation and just looking at the players and our team, I think Fuller is the best fit for us. Don't know if we'll be in a good spot to take him but think he'd help round out our defense.

I think Fuller is the best fit too (along with Dennard). That Alabama game confirmed it for me. He was laying out guys left and right on both defense and special teams. I don't know what 40 time he'll record at the combine but I'll be shocked if it's anything higher than 4.49.

With Ekpre-Olomu going back to college, it's possible Fuller's stock just went up a notch.

#14 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

Without considering the draft situation and just looking at the players and our team, I think Fuller is the best fit for us. Don't know if we'll be in a good spot to take him but think he'd help round out our defense.

I think Fuller is the best fit too (along with Dennard). That Alabama game confirmed it for me. He was laying out guys left and right on both defense and special teams. I don't know what 40 time he'll record at the combine but I'll be shocked if it's anything higher than 4.49.

With Ekpre-Olomu going back to college, it's possible Fuller's stock just went up a notch.

#15 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

We better not draft defense in the first two rounds

BPA

It's not up to you.

#16 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

I disagree. A defense is a QB's best friend -- ask Kaepernick and Wilson. Corners and Safeties should be on our board in the first two rounds too. For all we know Mitchell, Florence, Mikell and/or Munnerlyn could be gone next year.

the first rounders in those secondaries all play S(Reid, Whitner, Thomas)not counting Rogers. there is not a S that is on the level of those guys, HaHa might be. but other then him, i do not see a S going in the 1st. i would however do extensive research on those mid round DBs 3rd-6th because you can get starters from there easily with our front 7.

#17 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

If haha Clinton Dix falls to is in the first I could see us moving Mitchell back to strong safety and drafting bpa from there. Maybe receiver 2nd round and take care of OT in FA.

#18 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

the first rounders in those secondaries all play S(Reid, Whitner, Thomas)not counting Rogers. there is not a S that is on the level of those guys, HaHa might be. but other then him, i do not see a S going in the 1st. i would however do extensive research on those mid round DBs 3rd-6th because you can get starters from there easily with our front 7.

I agree there. There isn't truly a standout safety prospect this year other than maybe Clinton-Dix.

While we have a great pass rush, I think we need at least a stud corner and/or safety to complete this defense. After all, the Giants at the very least had Prince Amukamara.

#19 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

I agree there. There isn't truly a standout safety prospect this year other than maybe Clinton-Dix.

While we have a great pass rush, I think we need at least a stud corner and/or safety to complete this defense. After all, the Giants at the very least had Prince Amukamara.

yeah, but i think a Victor Hampton, Jaylen Watkins, or a Stanley Jean Baptiste could be there in the late 3rd. those guys can come into this team and compete for a starting job. my sleeper is Pierre Desir, a huge CB from Haiti with a soccer background. changed positions from WR to CB.

#20 MtnProwler

MtnProwler

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

Over half of them have already declared.

Was talking about our current DBs on being resigned.

#21 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

BPA

It's not up to you.

It's not up to you either. Our defense is already one of the best if not the best.

Our offense is ranked near the bottom.

The correct and logical answer is best offensive player available or best availabe weapon.

The legion of whom is fine. There will be cb in the 3rd and beyond. Just ask richard Sherman

#22 MtnProwler

MtnProwler

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

I agree, only way we should move to draft a defense in the first two rounds is if we weren't able to resign some of our key defensive players. It's a discussion board I suppose people are still new to hearing other ideas.

#23 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

It's not up to you either. Our defense is already one of the best if not the best.

Our offense is ranked near the bottom.

The correct and logical answer is best offensive player available or best availabe weapon.

The legion of whom is fine. There will be cb in the 3rd and beyond. Just ask richard Sherman

Point? G-Man doesn't settle. He's already stated that he is building a roster from the bottom up.

Sherman was a first round talent who got a bad rap from Harbaugh. Don't pretend like we'll find a corner of Richard's caliber in the late rounds. It's no different than watching Hurney attempt the identical strategy with a wide receiver. 90% of the time, those type of corners are found in the first two rounds.

#24 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

yeah, but i think a Victor Hampton, Jaylen Watkins, or a Stanley Jean Baptiste could be there in the late 3rd. those guys can come into this team and compete for a starting job. my sleeper is Pierre Desir, a huge CB from Haiti with a soccer background. changed positions from WR to CB.

Desir is a left field choice. He could be another small school prospect we look at but keep in mind we're picking quite late. The WRs/TEs and/or OTs we're interested in could be gone by the time we chose. Last year we had three prospects in mind for the 14th pick and one of them was a corner. It'll be no different from G-Man and Rivera this go-around too in my opinion. I see us having a corner or two as a considerable option in rounds one and two.