#16 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,644 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

I disagree. A defense is a QB's best friend -- ask Kaepernick and Wilson. Corners and Safeties should be on our board in the first two rounds too. For all we know Mitchell, Florence, Mikell and/or Munnerlyn could be gone next year.

the first rounders in those secondaries all play S(Reid, Whitner, Thomas)not counting Rogers. there is not a S that is on the level of those guys, HaHa might be. but other then him, i do not see a S going in the 1st. i would however do extensive research on those mid round DBs 3rd-6th because you can get starters from there easily with our front 7.

#17 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

If haha Clinton Dix falls to is in the first I could see us moving Mitchell back to strong safety and drafting bpa from there. Maybe receiver 2nd round and take care of OT in FA.

#18 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,605 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

the first rounders in those secondaries all play S(Reid, Whitner, Thomas)not counting Rogers. there is not a S that is on the level of those guys, HaHa might be. but other then him, i do not see a S going in the 1st. i would however do extensive research on those mid round DBs 3rd-6th because you can get starters from there easily with our front 7.

I agree there. There isn't truly a standout safety prospect this year other than maybe Clinton-Dix.

While we have a great pass rush, I think we need at least a stud corner and/or safety to complete this defense. After all, the Giants at the very least had Prince Amukamara.

#19 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,644 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

I agree there. There isn't truly a standout safety prospect this year other than maybe Clinton-Dix.

While we have a great pass rush, I think we need at least a stud corner and/or safety to complete this defense. After all, the Giants at the very least had Prince Amukamara.

yeah, but i think a Victor Hampton, Jaylen Watkins, or a Stanley Jean Baptiste could be there in the late 3rd. those guys can come into this team and compete for a starting job. my sleeper is Pierre Desir, a huge CB from Haiti with a soccer background. changed positions from WR to CB.

#20 MtnProwler

MtnProwler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

Over half of them have already declared.

Was talking about our current DBs on being resigned.

#21 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • 2,088 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

BPA

It's not up to you.

It's not up to you either. Our defense is already one of the best if not the best.

Our offense is ranked near the bottom.

The correct and logical answer is best offensive player available or best availabe weapon.

The legion of whom is fine. There will be cb in the 3rd and beyond. Just ask richard Sherman

#22 MtnProwler

MtnProwler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

I agree, only way we should move to draft a defense in the first two rounds is if we weren't able to resign some of our key defensive players. It's a discussion board I suppose people are still new to hearing other ideas.

#23 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,605 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

It's not up to you either. Our defense is already one of the best if not the best.

Our offense is ranked near the bottom.

The correct and logical answer is best offensive player available or best availabe weapon.

The legion of whom is fine. There will be cb in the 3rd and beyond. Just ask richard Sherman

Point? G-Man doesn't settle. He's already stated that he is building a roster from the bottom up.

Sherman was a first round talent who got a bad rap from Harbaugh. Don't pretend like we'll find a corner of Richard's caliber in the late rounds. It's no different than watching Hurney attempt the identical strategy with a wide receiver. 90% of the time, those type of corners are found in the first two rounds.

#24 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,605 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

yeah, but i think a Victor Hampton, Jaylen Watkins, or a Stanley Jean Baptiste could be there in the late 3rd. those guys can come into this team and compete for a starting job. my sleeper is Pierre Desir, a huge CB from Haiti with a soccer background. changed positions from WR to CB.

Desir is a left field choice. He could be another small school prospect we look at but keep in mind we're picking quite late. The WRs/TEs and/or OTs we're interested in could be gone by the time we chose. Last year we had three prospects in mind for the 14th pick and one of them was a corner. It'll be no different from G-Man and Rivera this go-around too in my opinion. I see us having a corner or two as a considerable option in rounds one and two.

#25 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • 2,088 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

Point? G-Man doesn't settle. He's already stated that he is building a roster from the bottom up.

Sherman was a first round talent who got a bad rap from Harbaugh. Don't pretend like we'll find a corner of Richard's caliber in the late rounds. It's no different than watching Hurney attempt the identical strategy with a wide receiver. 90% of the time, those type of corners are found in the first two rounds.

Yea and he also said we need hog mollies and touchdown scorers. We hit hog mollies on defense. Now we need hog mollies on offense and touchdown scorers.

But I guess you just want the offense to continue to struggle. Good idea. Great way to improve the team

#26 TruthVsComfort

TruthVsComfort

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

Starting corner talent is often found late in the draft. Look at the Seahawks: their secondary is considered the best and the starting corners are from the 4th and 5th rounds.

We cannot afford to screw around with the WR position any more. Our Defense is already elite while our offense holds us back. If we ignore the offense in the first two rounds of the draft and go defense I will be extremely disappointed.

WR & OL > any need for high draft pick corners.

#27 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,605 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

Yea and he also said we need hog mollies and touchdown scorers. We hit hog mollies on defense. Now we need hog mollies on offense and touchdown scorers.

But I guess you just want the offense to continue to struggle. Good idea. Great way to improve the team

Right, because Wilson is crying himself to sleep.

BPA is BPA. If the top OTs and WRs are gone and G-Man sees more value in the DB position at that moment, then guess what? The pick will be defense. Don't like it? Tough. That's the way The Giants drafted.

#28 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • 2,088 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

Right, because Wilson is crying himself to sleep.

BPA is BPA. If the top OTs and WRs are gone and G-Man sees more value in the DB position at that moment, then guess what? The pick will be defense. Don't like it? Tough. That's the way The Giants drafted.

Chances are they won't be all gone. Is more likely the corners worth taking in the first are gone before a quality wide receiver. Bpa I'm find with. It's been past due for this offense to get done help.

Wilson barely threw for 100. There defense carries them. Plus they have a #1 he just hurt

#29 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,605 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:33 AM

I keep hearing "our defense is already elite". No, our front six (technically) is elite, our secondary is not. The fact is San Fran (Reid), New York (Amukamara), Baltimore (Smith) and Seattle (Thomas) have invested in the secondary too. We have to do the same eventually. If our pass rush doesn't have a good day, we're gonna get torched.

#30 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,605 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:47 AM

Chances are they won't be all gone. Is more likely the corners worth taking in the first are gone before a quality wide receiver. Bpa I'm find with. It's been past due for this offense to get done help.

Wilson barely threw for 100. There defense carries them. Plus they have a #1 he just hurt

That's up to G-Man. If his favorite receiver or tackle is gone, then he'll move on. Did he have another DT lined for the 14th pick? Nope. He had Eifert and Rhodes in mind if Star was gone by the time we picked.

Our defense carries us too. Let's not pretend otherwise.

If G-Man and Rivera feel that a corner like Fuller benefits us more, then I'm not going to dispute it. Defense is the reason why we're the number two seed in the NFC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com