#31 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:22 AM

I love me some corners in this class. Really imo, the best class I've seen in years.

#32 MtnProwler

MtnProwler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

I keep hearing "our defense is already elite". No, our front six (technically) is elite, our secondary is not. The fact is San Fran (Reid), New York (Amukamara), Baltimore (Smith) and Seattle (Thomas) have invested in the secondary too. We have to do the same eventually. If our pass rush doesn't have a good day, we're gonna get torched.

And that has happened this year and will continue to happen. Because of the salary cap, teams aren't able to field a probowl team, as a result teams are going to have their strong and weak areas. We have already established by cap number that we are going d line heavy and I'm ok with that. All of those DB you mentioned here come with a high cost, a cost that is harder to justify when you have a front six as strong as we do, strong enough to carry the whole D into the top five. Our DBs are young they have and will continue to get better. I just can't say the same about the oline and receivers. They are getting old and most of them, Smitty, Gross, Kalil, are in or on the verge of passing their primes.

#33 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • 2,239 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

That's up to G-Man. If his favorite receiver or tackle is gone, then he'll move on. Did he have another DT lined for the 14th pick? Nope. He had Eifert and Rhodes in mind if Star was gone by the time we picked.

Our defense carries us too. Let's not pretend otherwise.

If G-Man and Rivera feel that a corner like Fuller benefits us more, then I'm not going to dispute it. Defense is the reason why we're the number two seed in the NFC.

you cant keep trying to hit me with Gettlemen is your dad and yall speak every night. We were looking at eifert and rhodes because Star wasnt suppose to fall that far. But at the same time he was our biggest need. Which goes with my arguement. you dnt know if he would have taking Richardson or not

2 cornerstones of this team will be moving on soon rather than later. Smitty and Gross. We need to replace them sooner rather than later. not to mention Bell could use an upgrade until Gross calls it quits.

Cam needs weapons its simply as that.

#34 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

Some of my early favorites from this class

CB

Dennard, Gilbert, Verrett, Roberson, EJ Gaines, Purifoy, Hampton

SS

Dixon, Loston, Ward, Bucannon

FS

Pryor, Clinton-Dix (probably gone before we pick), Bailey, Zimmerman

#35 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,788 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

Anyone willing to reconsider after watching White, Mitchell, Lester, Thomas, Munnerlyn, etc?

#36 Double Trouble

Double Trouble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

Anyone willing to reconsider after watching White, Mitchell, Lester, Thomas, Munnerlyn, etc?

As much as we need a WR it would be foolish not to consider drafting a corner.  There will be some good WR in the 2nd round like Moncrief, Matthews, or Landry if we draft CB. It's my impression that there is a bigger drop-off in talent at CB after the first round. Dennard or Gilbert would be nice.

#37 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,867 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

Is Loucheiz Purifoy staying???

Sent from my SGH-T399 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#38 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,672 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

Is Loucheiz Purifoy staying???

Sent from my SGH-T399 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

he declared.

#39 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,788 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

Purifoy is a great athlete with potential but his strengths are better suited for a squad that employs press coverage. He's not great in zone.

#40 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

Marcus Roberson is quickly rising. Clearly the best corner at UF. Wouldnt mind in the 2nd if he's there.

#41 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,672 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

DB will be apart of bpa, but how much of those passes today was because of the scheme or just coverage breakdowns?this team always allows WRs to get free releases off the line, and consistently gives up the slant route or middle. and i still dont understand how Josh Thomas gets a jersey over Norman.

#42 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,672 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

Marcus Roberson is quickly rising. Clearly the best corner at UF. Wouldnt mind in the 2nd if he's there.

nothing physical about him tho. stays away from contact.

#43 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,672 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

tomorrow the east-west shrine starts practices and then the following week the senior bowl. there are several DBs to watch out for.

#44 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,672 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

Purifoy is a great athlete with potential but his strengths are better suited for a squad that employs press coverage. He's not great in zone.

why dont you help us out, and claim a team in the mock offseason?

#45 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,788 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

As much as we need a WR it would be foolish not to consider drafting a corner.  There will be some good WR in the 2nd round like Moncrief, Matthews, or Landry if we draft CB. It's my impression that there is a bigger drop-off in talent at CB after the first round. Dennard or Gilbert would be nice.

Exactly. 

At the moment, I'm in love with Fuller. He'd make a great corner for this defense. If his stock continues to rise, then Watkins in the third wouldn't be such a bad idea. That said, he's got first round potential and could jump up the draft boards once the workouts start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com