30 replies to this topic

#1 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

SF - Gore - 17 for 84 yards
Car - Newton - 10 for 54 yards

Yeah I agree we need WR's, but that wasn't the offensive difference in this game. If we had Gore and they had Williams, I'm comfortable saying we would have been in it till the end if not won outright.

Our best runners are currently our QB and our FB.

Gettleman, I don't know how, but you've got to upgrade the backs.

#2 General_Purr

General_Purr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • LocationMilky Way

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

Toby Gerhart?

Faster tolbert....

Shadow of AP

Hiesman winner

#3 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

If we had their o-line i'm sure DLo could have easily whipped up 84 yards

#4 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

like we can afford any more rb's...  we are fuged for keeping them, and fuged if we release them, only way to win is to trade, and nobody will trade us with those contracts....  we are stuck with these guys for a while

#5 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,299 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

Just when I thought all the retard threads were done for the day.

#6 Carolina Cajun

Carolina Cajun

Short Bus Allstar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

SF - Gore - 17 for 84 yards
Car - Newton - 10 for 54 yards

Yeah I agree we need WR's, but that wasn't the offensive difference in this game. If we had Gore and they had Williams, I'm comfortable saying we would have been in it till the end if not won outright.

Our best runners are currently our QB and our FB.

Gettleman, I don't know how, but you've got to upgrade the backs.

I don't think Williams is that great of a RB, but I think that all of our backs look bad because we have a pretty bad O-line.  They have been average at best in run blocking and rarely do you see any holes.  The only reason Tolbert looks decent is because as a bruiser, he's able to make his own holes but Williams can't. Williams/Stewart aren't great, but they wouldn't look nearly as bad if they had a decent O-line.

#7 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,387 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:10 PM

Tre Mason and Andrew Williams could potentially be available in the third or fourth rounds.

We have other needs for sure but running back is steadily creeping up our list of needs whether we can admit it or not. Then again, Barner, Tolbert + either Williams or Stew could potentially carry the load for another year. However, it is time we get a young powerful back with fresh legs in the backfield. Mason or Williams would fit the mold quite well but I am not sure you go that direction in the draft over some other positions of need. 

#8 gmonjimbo

gmonjimbo

• ALL-PRO
  • 305 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

I would wait for the 2015 draft and take Todd Gurley. He has the rare combination of size, strength, and speed.  I think the offensive line is more of an issue. A lot of times i see Williams already having defenders grabbing at his feet before he reaches the line of scrimmage. 

#9 Olsen88

Olsen88

H.O.F Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • LocationDouble Snow Land

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

We better do something to get our 2008 running game back.

But not with Stewart.

#10 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,391 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:42 PM

1. Gore had thirty yards until the fourth quarter; by that time they were already up by ten. The big run he had led to a field goal (the last score they put up), so basically he helped close the game out but by no means was he the X factor, especially when Boldin is shitting all over the secondary.

2. The only reason Cam rushes for so many yards is because most of that yardage (but not most carries, which I believe the majority were designed runs today) are improvised because nobody gets open.

#11 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,299 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:43 PM

Gore had thirty yards until the fourth quarter; by that time they were already up by ten. The big run he had led to a field goal (the last score they put up), so basically he helped close the game out but by no means was he the X factor, especially when Boldin is shitting all over the secondary.

Wasting your time in this thread.

jeff-dunham-peanut-o.gif

#12 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

This game was lost in the trenches. All these calls for a flashy ball toucher (giggity) but our biggest need of all may be offensive tackle.

#13 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,391 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

FTR I do agree that the offensive line needs help, but so does receiver. Badly.

Hopefully despite the impending contract extensions Gettleman can fill every void on this team with talent, and it won't be like it was with Hurney where all you could look forward to in the offseason was your first round draft pick (and for a few years we didn't even have that lol) and maybe sign a linebacker or fullback in free agency

#14 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

1. Gore had thirty yards until the fourth quarter; by that time they were already up by ten. The big run he had led to a field goal (the last score they put up), so basically he helped close the game out but by no means was he the X factor, especially when Boldin is shitting all over the secondary.

2. The only reason Cam rushes for so many yards is because most of that yardage (but not most carries, which I believe the majority were designed runs today) are improvised because nobody gets open.

Gore getting decent gains on 1st downs are what kept the opening drive in the second half going. Meanwhile we got a couple of 2.5 yard carries , a hurried throw, and a punt.

Cam was our leading rusher cause our RB's are useless.

#15 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

Yay!!!! and again our QB leads us in rushing. Someone needs to call the damn Federal Bureau of Investigation, because Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams are clearly robbing us financially.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com