#106 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,639 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

Brandin Cooks is a stud, but he is small compared to other WRs. he gained 10 pounds of muscle right before the season, and he improved in every area. he is a strong route runner, has strong hands which allows him to catch balls in traffic well, has good YAC ability, and deep speed.he compares very favorable to Smitty because he can go up and attack a football, like Smith used to back when he was younger. he also can run routes from the outside and the slot which is a huge plus.

with that being said, i do want a larger WR on this team to help the QB catch some catchable balls that are missed by the current guys on the team.

#107 Coug Girl

Coug Girl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

I've seen alot of mocks give us Cooks or Odell sometimes Robinson or whatever.

Don't want Cooks because we already have a Steve Smith. And as mentioned before our QB already sails them too high for Olsen and Lafail. Can't see a 5'8 dude fairing much better. Odell Beckham Jr. is another LSU product and after Lafail - do not want another.

I would prefer OL first, but if there is a tall WR that is good, get it. Because I think if we evaluate talent on our team correctly we will need to replace Lafail - who is a big body receiver.

But, I guess we will see.

#108 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,639 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

Don't want Cooks because we already have a Steve Smith. And as mentioned before our QB already sails them too high for Olsen and Lafail. Can't see a 5'8 dude fairing much better. Odell Beckham Jr. is another LSU product and after Lafail - do not want another.

I would prefer OL first, but if there is a tall WR that is good, get it. Because I think if we evaluate talent on our team correctly we will need to replace Lafail - who is a big body receiver.

Odell and Lafell are 2 different types of WRs. Odell is a deep speed guy that runs good routes, with improved strong hands. mom is a track coach, and his dad played at LSU. was names the most versatile player in college football this year, and named to the all american team.

#109 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

No on a small receiver. Cam throws high. Would rather have Jace Amaro.

Also - St. Louis is going to be as team to reckon with very soon.

#110 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

It makes a ton of sense. He is mocking based on what he thinks the teams will do, not what he would do. He feels like Houston, with their new coaching staff and system they run is better suited to Manziel than Bridgewater, then add in the whole Texas factor with media hype and ticket and merchandise sales. All the racial bias crap I'm reading in this thread by some is embarrassing.

I am so sure Mel Kiper Jr. is mocking Manziel first overall because Bridgewater is black  :rolleyes:. Look how ridiculous that sounds.

Not exactly racial bias but the media's propensity to pick up a story and run with it. Being that Kiper is expected to be objective people kind of expect more from him. Right now Kiper is putting his reputation on the line. I'm sure in his updated mock before the draft it's gonna be very different. An argument as to why Manziel should be the #1 overall pick is not enough because then a loophole would be created where excellence would be undervalued. What you call an argument can also be interpreted as an excuse to some. I believe majority still believe excellence should be rewarded. If it's just about Manziel being from Texas then those other QBs weren't really given an equal opportunity to get #1 type money. We can't start disqualifying athletic excellence in sports. That's what I think majority of people's complain are. Some just express it in a racial tone because such behavior is uncanny to them in the sports realm thus only makes sense if there is a racial qualifier. Just my 2 cents.

#111 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,121 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

All we have to do is draft the next Randy Moss, the next Anthony Munoz and the next Deion Sanders. Problem solved fellas.

#112 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,297 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

All we have to do is draft the next Randy Moss, the next Anthony Munoz and the next Deion Sanders. Problem solved fellas.

That ought to be easy enough to do in one draft :unsure:

#113 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,028 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

Does Cam really need somebody 6'4 and up?  Or does he need to bring the ball down as time passes. I just want an obvious number 1 receiver. This will be one interesting combine

#114 FugginPoo

FugginPoo

• HUDDLER
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

St. Louis is going to get good thanks to the Redskins

#115 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,269 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

I really hope we would take Amaro if he was still on the board. Dude can have a Jimmy Graham like impact in the NFL....

#116 Password is Taco

Password is Taco

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:46 PM

Calvin Pryor

that guy is a beast. a huge hitter

#117 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,639 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:49 PM

I really hope we would take Amaro if he was still on the board. Dude can have a Jimmy Graham like impact in the NFL....

If amaro and lee on the board, who do you take?

#118 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,947 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:49 PM

Does Cam really need somebody 6'4 and up?

I don't think so. I'd rather have a stud short dude than a mediocre tall dude. But if it's not a huge difference in skill, some height would definitely benefit Cam. He does throw a lot of high balls

#119 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:50 PM

Coug girl,

I really hope that you have done some research on Odell before tagging him as the next LaFail. Two very different WR. Odell is a stud with great hands and a down field threat.

Did I forget to mention that his hands are so huge that he can catch punt with one hand?

#120 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:50 PM

Mel-Kiper.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com