Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edmund Kugbila

48 posts in this topic

Posted

He's gonna need a lot of work, even if hes been doing well during rehab he probably still won't be ready to be inserted into the starting lineup for another season or 2.

Posted

From watching Kugs tape i was impressed although it was division 2. Draft a RT to put beside him we might have something. We really have nowhere to go but up anyway. I would also like having Wharton back to mentor Kug and Amini

I agree. Bringing back Gross and Wharton for another year (if either don't retire) would give us good OL depth until they are ready. I was also impressed with the limited tape on KGB, but something tells me he would be better suited at LG.  I would let KGB and Silatolu compete for the future LG spot b/c I'm not convinced the latter is the answer there yet. The ideal scenario IMO would be to bring back Gross/Wharton next year, draft a stud RT, and let Travis Bond, KGB or another one of OG on our roster compete for the RG spot. Draft Billy Turner or James Hurst in the 4th round as the eventual replacement @ LT, and we could be setting ourselves up to have a solid OL for the future.

Posted

Posted

These 2 vids were his last 2 in college. Cut up the footage last year with some help from draftbreakdown.com

He was recruited to Alabama but didn't have the grades to get a scholarship there. Offseason he had knee surgery (not just a hammy injury) had it around the end of preseason I believe or early around wk 3. He's an enigma, but they said at the combine he impressed all of the coaches with how well he took instruction. He also was a workout standout being the top in the 3 cone and top in the high jump. He got his weight down furing the combine after being 370lbs but showed up to our TC over weight.

1 person likes this

Posted

If wharton comes back then I think our guard situation is in good hands, but we need a tackle badly even if gross comes back

1 person likes this

Posted

Looking forward to seeing how he has developed.

He's had lots of time to be coached up, and he'll have more time with the team in the off season.

Posted

If wharton comes back then I think our guard situation is in good hands, but we need a tackle badly even if gross comes back

I agree.

Posted

I wonder what they intend to do with Chandler this off season. Before he was pushed into a starting roll, they we're grooming to be a left tackle - which he graded perfect during preseason.

Are they going to move him back out to tackle for continued grooming there, or will they keep him inside.

Posted

I wouldn't credit drafting Star Freaking Lotulelei to Gettleman's "good eye." Not like he went out on a limb and took a chance on drafting a top 3 pick at 14.

No one's arguing Star was a no brainer.  But Gettlemen has a long history in talent evaluation and he's good at it so I'll defer to his judgement on Kug.  

Heck, his first draft and it's looking pretty likely we're going to get 3 starters out of it.  At least.  Kug would be 4.  That's a large piece of getting to the Superbowl.

Posted

He might be the answer for replacing Nate chandler but we need Bell on the bench

We need Bell in Atl/NO/TB

FTFY

Posted

I think we will sign Wharton to another 1-year deal for that reason.

I hope so

Posted

i still feel optimistic about kug.

he needed a year to learn and get used to the pace of a pro football program.

next year he gets used to the speed of the game.

i don't think he'll ever be an all pro, but i think he could be really good in run blocking.

between him, amini, wharton (if we sign him to another year), and chandler i feel pretty good about the interior OL heading into next year. not great, but good.

if we can focus on OT, WR, and CB i think we'll be good for this year.

2 people like this