Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst mock draft I've seen yet

44 posts in this topic

Posted

Its feasible that we draft a rb. Its not feasible that we draft a rb in the first round.

Posted

i could get behind the pick

Adorable. 

Posted

something else about this draft that I don't agree with - I don't see Sammy Watkins slipping to #13. He'd have to just absolutely sh1t the bed at the combine or get arrested for something serious in the next couple of months. 

Posted

that draft is all kinds of fuged up

Posted

If running back is BPA then I don't really care who they draft.  Honestly I was watching some old Panther highlights from '08 and '09 and I have to say, Deangelo and Stewart both look WAY slower than they used to.  Some fresh legs could do the Panthers backfield some good.  I know, I know...double trouble is making buco bucks, but who cares if Stewart doesn't see the field and Deangelo gets caught from behind and fumbles.  

1 person likes this

Posted

not surprised. most of the poo charles davis says is straight up laughable.

Posted

I entered this thread with the intentions of lecturing the OP on how anything is possible this early in the draft process....Never mind, carry on.

Posted

Four months to go.  There will probably be worse ones between now and then.

That pick only makes sense if you think we can ship Williams and Stewart elsewhere for picks, which I'd question.

I'd ship both of them out for a diet cola and peanuts if it would mean we'd be free of those contracts. I'd may even thrown in a cooler of beer to ice the deal.

Posted

Charles Davis continues to prove he's the dumbest employee at ESPN.

Posted

This is a great running back class. I would love to grab de anthony thomas ka deem carey or seatrunk in the 3. deep rb class dump barner and let the good times roll.

Hell no.

Posted

If running back is BPA then I don't really care who they draft. Honestly I was watching some old Panther highlights from '08 and '09 and I have to say, Deangelo and Stewart both look WAY slower than they used to. Some fresh legs could do the Panthers backfield some good. I know, I know...double trouble is making buco bucks, but who cares if Stewart doesn't see the field and Deangelo gets caught from behind and fumbles.

The problem is they are still on the roster. You might can get rid of 1 but no way can we dump both. So now you have a roster of 5 RB and no WR or secondary help. This is a draft from a Espn Secretary not a analyst.

Posted

The earliest I'd look at a RB would be in the 4th round.  I do agree with prior posters that some fresh legs would be beneficial, but there are a couple of things to overcome first.

1.  We need better run blocking.  Whoever, however it just needs to happen.

2.  The RB position has been laughably devalued.  Over on nfldraftcountdown.com in their forums, there is a thread about the logic behind trading Adrian Peterson.  One of the great points is how many times do RBs lead teams to Super Bowl Championships in the modern era?  More often, it's the QB.  Without great QB play, you're RB is kind of useless.

So we need more/better run blocking, and some guys to help score points (so we can run the clock out) and stretch a D out so there is room to run.

Mock drafts...Mock...to Mock...  There is an element of absurdity to all of them.  Which is why we love'em!