Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trade Talks: Okafor for Chandler

110 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

hahahahahaa! Chandler is damaged goods, the Bobcats are about to be ROBBED.

Posted · Report post

hahahahahaa! Chandler is damaged goods, the Bobcats are about to be ROBBED.

It won't go through. Chandler was traded las year to the Thunder but did not pass his physical. This is just a rumor.

Posted · Report post

Not unless they're throwing in Chris Paul...

Posted · Report post

I'm thinking we're offering more than Chandler, but what? Julian Wright? A 1st round pic? The Bobcats FO isn't dumb enough to just swap TC for Okafor? All we needed was a legit center to get back to the top of the West.

Posted · Report post

The only way I would agree to this trade, is if they added one of these guys to the deal: David West, Rasual Butler, Chris Paul (I wish), James Posey, or Peja Stojakovic.

Posted · Report post

I wonder how much time Chandler has left on his deal (and how much). The salaries have to match pretty closely for this deal to go down.

I wish I knew more about the Hornets and their salary cap situation.

Okafor, while a solid defender and rebounder, never has been able to be an offensive presence. I think that's the one thing the Bobcats are lacking -- an offensive force down low. Can Chandler be that? I think so.

Posted · Report post

David West and Chandler??

maybe....

Posted · Report post

Two years at about 22mil combined.

Chandler has no offensive games, just put backs, garbage dunks, and alley-oops from CP3.

He's a walking doubl-edouble when healthy, the problem is he has a degenerative condition on his toe. It's not going to get better.

Posted · Report post

The Bobcats owe Okafor at least 60 million. Perhaps that's the incentive in moving him.

Posted · Report post

I am interested in hearing more about the details of this deal. Okafor is never going to give anything offensively down low (we know this, he has been here his whole career). Obviously, Chandler's ailments need to be looked at very closely, but I think I like the idea in principal.

Posted · Report post

The Bobcats owe Okafor at least 60 million. Perhaps that's the incentive in moving him.

Okafor is getting paid 72 million dollars over 6 years. Tyson Chandler