#31 intangiblejohnny

intangiblejohnny

The Josh McRoberts of Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationInterwebz

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

25-24 as a starter. Not worth top tier money. Not even close.

We'll see...smh

#32 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,356 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

This kind of Cam contract talk is absurd.

Panthers have a lot more leverage than Cam does.

If they cant do a deal this year, they option for the 5th year on his rookie deal... and they still have 2 more years of Franchise Tag beyond that.

You do realize that the exclusive Franchise Tag means you are required to pay that player the average of the top 5 players in the league at that position.

In other words, placing the exclusive Franchise Tag on Cam would mean you would easily be paying him $20 million plus that year.  And (according to you) the year after that.

So why wouldn't you just sign him long term at $20 million instead of exclusive Franchising him at more than $20 million for two years and then letting him walk?

In other words, the team doesn't have as much leverage as you seem to think.  Actually, as one of the most exciting players in the league (and only getting better), a franchise QB, and the face of the franchise, Cam has more leverage than the team IMO.

#33 Cj72

Cj72

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

When is the last time you saw a franchise qb leave a team without being released?

#34 ajax4132

ajax4132

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

7 years 120 mil sound right to me

#35 jptaylor84

jptaylor84

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

My point in this thread was to say that if the panthers do not offer cam his long term deal this offseason yes they can exercise his two year option before making a decision and therefore tag him for another two possible years, but as has been pointed out that will pay him top 5 qb money something this franchise won't do no way!. My point simply is this if he isn't offers it this offseason what business we do regards upgrading his offense around him will have I think a knock on effect because If he feels he isn't getting what he deserves then he will reject any deal and leave that's just a fact! He wants to win he's said that from day one I think he cares new about that actually than money but agin that's just my opinion.
Most of you are fixated on price and money! I think what players are out around him matters just as much, he has had NO help, the past three years he has carried this offense on his own and partly by rejuvenating smitty, pay him all day but he wants to win, he will be held back from doing so without the pieces around him and I think that will be the decisive factor not money.

#36 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

Cam will be somewhere between 17.5 and 19 mill per year.   The only question is the years.   With signing bonus we should be able to fit him to around a 16-17 mill per year cap hit.   That's basically the magic number in todays game. 

#37 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,140 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

You people thinking Cam's deal won't eclipse 100 million are cute....

The one using the teams record to say why Cam shouldn't get paid like a franchise QB is fuging hilarious tho.....

#38 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,429 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

Other than 12mil being on the low side, I agree on this. Cam and that SF qb, are going to set the bar for the new era of QB. But, to me, they have not yet risen to that 20mil group. So it should be close to 15mil. Other than that, I have no clue.

How long of a contract is Cam happy with? He got shorted his first one, and still made 20mil. If he takes a shorter deal, he may get 2 big deals. If he takes a longer deal, he may only get 1 big deal. I say...make him give us a home team discount, cuz he makes plenty of money in endorsements he is able and willing to give us a "for the good of the team" deal. That way, we get our QB for evs cuz he loves us, and wants us to be happy, so he always signs fair contracts.

Yep, I said two posts later that I hit the 6 years rather than 5.  My math was for 15Million per year.

#39 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

Money talks.  If he doesn't get a contract/treatment befitting his status as the top young QB in the league.......he will end up with a big blue star on his silver helmet in a couple of seasons.  Just saying.  That skeletor looking dude in Texas throws money at everybody; and in a season or two Romo won't be a Cowboy anymore.

LOL "That skeletor looking dude in Texas"  Too funny.   :)

#40 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,182 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

7 years, 120 million. That's going to be the deal. There is nothing else to talk about.

#41 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

You people thinking Cam's deal won't eclipse 100 million are cute....

The one using the teams record to say why Cam shouldn't get paid like a franchise QB is fuging hilarious tho.....

Seriously look at matt stafford. His record is horrible and he still gets treated like a franchise player. 

#42 panthers90

panthers90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:17 PM

Not to derail thread, but with the money QBs are making nowadays, who is going to be the first team to have a killer D and running game, and just keep drafting game managers every 4 years?

#43 MtnProwler

MtnProwler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

Here's the good news Cam is on track to make about 8M this year, during cap hell. That, with an inflation increase yearly on the salary cap of another 3M. There is 12M that we can already account for without any sacrifice starting next year. 12+15+18+21+24= 90M for 5 years, should be a workable point for both parties. I know I generalized A LOT but I'm proving we can give this guy what he wants. Most of those years will be after we are out of cap hell so it is doable without sacrificing much of the overall team talent. That being said Cam isn't going anywhere.

#44 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,522 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

He isn't going anywhere. Exactly how many quarterbacks who a team wants to keep make it to free agency? None. We will sign him.

#45 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,580 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

I think Cam ends up taking a 10 year, $9 million contract so Gettleman can use the extra cash to sign talent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.