Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jordan Matthews

178 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

And Dwayne Jarrett.

Jarrett had the talent but just didn't put in the work. Even smitty said on the radio that he was one of the smoothest pass catchers he's ever seen but he would fall asleep in meetings and stuff like that.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

His football speed looked good to me on both the end-around and screen pass plays he took to the house against the Vols.

He wasn't running away from anyone but they weren't catching him either.

NFL speed is on a whole different level, but I don't see where this kid's speed is a liability... he's "fast enough".

The thing the really set him apart in my mind is his desire and willingness to prepare, even for a game like the senior bowl where it's not expected. That kind of work ethic is what really sets the great ones apart from everyone else. 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

His football speed looked good to me on both the end-around and screen pass plays he took to the house against the Vols.

NFL speed is on a whole different level, but I don't see where this kid's speed is a liability... he's "fast enough".

The thing the really set him apart in my mind is his desire and willingness to prepare, even for a game like the senior bowl where it's not expected. That kind of work ethic is what really sets the great ones apart from everyone else.

I have the sneaky suspicion that he could be an all pro level wr at the end of they just because of his work ethic and preparation.

Posted · Report post

You guys should probably look at Jonathan Jones tweets about him at the Senior Bowl. Apparently not looking good

From today.... @jjones9: I've been underwhelmed by Jordan Matthews today. He should be dominating but instead he's playing to level of DBs

From yesterday.... @PSchrags: 3. Jordan Matthews (Vandy WR) looked very fluid out there. One scout said early 2nd round is fair assessment.

Posted · Report post

I remember another guy who some teams passed on because his  speed wasn't anything special.

Blanking on the name...Jerry something... :unsure:

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

I didn't want Alshon Jeffrey due to his speed.

I r idot.

I'd gladly take Jordan. Speed is the great equalizer but you can certainly succeed without it.

Alshon ran a 4.4 in the combine or at his proday.

He just had that fat body his last season at SC and that picture of him in the locker room dammed his top 15 pre draft buzz.

Posted · Report post

Would be nice if we could get to 1sts and get Calvin Pryor and jordan Matthews

Posted · Report post

He's struggled a bit this week at SB week.

I'm not sure he's a first rounder. I'm not done digging into him yet though.

Posted · Report post

I remember another guy who some teams passed on because his  speed wasn't anything special.

Blanking on the name...Jerry something... :unsure:

And his work ethic is what really set him apart. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He's struggled a bit this week at SB week.

I'm not sure he's a first rounder. I'm not done digging into him yet though.

big bodied guy with great hands, excellent catch radius

He and Cam would do work

Get Crief in the 3rd and we could have the greatest show on turf

Posted · Report post

I don't want Pryor because we have FAR bigger needs than safety.

Mathews would be a great pick, good target for Cam to use for years to come.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I think this is the Keenan Allen argument again.

4 people like this