73 replies to this topic

#1 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:28 AM

http://walterfootbal...draft2014_1.php

He has Robinson over Cooks and Matthews, both of whom he has falling to the 2nd. He even has Moncrief available with our 3rd. I just watched Robinson highlights and also watched Amaro (mocked to NE) and ASJ (mocked to Seattle) highlights, and honestly again came away drooling with the thought of the TE over the likely available WRs in the 1st. Enlighten me if I'm wrong. Ebron/Amaro/ASJ in the 1st for me.

#2 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

I have really been going down the same path as you.  Not completely sold on ASJ but I would be 100% comfortable with either of the other two guys.  I know ideally you would pick a WR that could stretch the field and be a deep threat but this would give Cam another weapon.  I think you can still address the WR position in a later round and definitely would not reach in the first if you have a TE graded out higher. 

#3 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

I like Robinson , he can truly make something out of nothing. Very explosive.

I love all 3 TE. ASJ fits or team and would be a terrific run blocker and red zone threat. He will be there for us at 28, wouldn't be mad if we got him at all

#4 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

^ I thought Amaro was going to be much slower before watching his highlights. I think with a safe TE pick that creates those kind of matchup nightmares, we are SURE to take our offense from 2nd or 3rd gear to 4th gear. Granted, a solid WR on top of that would no doubt put our offense in 5th gear, but there is that tiny doubt that unless the pick is Watkins or Evans that the gear shift might shake and/or get stuck before reaching that "4". JMO.

#5 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,208 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:47 AM

I have not watch a full game on Robinson. Have only watched highlights of the kid on youtube. I was not impressed and came away with nothing. I really want someone to explain to me why the kid is so highly thought of. And, please be someone who have actually watched several full games of Robinson. Not someone who just getting their info from draft sites; stuffs that I already know of.

#6 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

I like Robinson , he can truly make something out of nothing. Very explosive.

I love all 3 TE. ASJ fits or team and would be a terrific run blocker and red zone threat. He will be there for us at 28, wouldn't be mad if we got him at all

Fact-ASJ doesn't drop below NE, Seattle, or the hated falcons in the 2nd. Would kill me if he tears it up for one of those teams.

#7 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

I have not watch a full game on Robinson. Have only watched highlights of the kid on youtube. I was not impressed and came away with nothing. I really want someone to explain to me why the kid is so highly thought of. And, please be someone who have actually watched several full games of Robinson. Not someone who just getting their info from draft sites; stuffs that I already know of.

Agree.

#8 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

6'2 

Fast

Explosive

Elusive / Electric 

1,400 receiving yards

1 less TD than Mathews

We will be lucky if this guy is on the board at the end of the 1st. 

You sure you watched the right guy? Not sure how anyone can watch a Robinson highlight clip and not come away impressed. 

#9 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,208 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

6'2 

Fast

Explosive

Elusive / Electric 

1,400 receiving yards

1 less TD than Mathews

We will be lucky if this guy is on the board at the end of the 1st. 

You sure you watched the right guy? Not sure how anyone can watch a Robinson highlight clip and not come away impressed. 

Those are things I already know. I want things that you actually got out of by watching full games of the kid.

This was what I got out of just watching youtube highlights:

Good size
Very explosive with the ball in the hands
Not a downfield threat
A lot of catches are off the "screen"
Average hands, a lot of body catches
Raw
Biggest potential to bust

Robinson is the only receiver that didnt 'wow' me. And, I spent some times watching the kid over and over. I'm not an expert, but from my premature scouting that's what I got.

#10 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

Those are things I already know. I want things that you actually got out of by watching full games of the kid.

This was what I got out of just watching youtube highlights:

Good size
Very explosive with the ball in the hands
Not a downfield threat
A lot of catches are off the "screen"
Average hands, a lot of body catches
Raw
Biggest potential to bust

I dont agree with the not a down-field threat. This man carves up DBs running routes and has the speed to go over top. The one where he juked 2 DBs on one route (before the ball was thrown) was a thing a beauty. He is also very good at jump / high pointing balls as well. Very much a down field threat in my eyes. 

You dont amass 1400 yards receiving being raw. Had over 1000 the previous year as well.

Patterson last yr was raw, Robinson not so much. 

#11 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,208 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:43 PM

I dont agree with the not a down-field threat. This man carves up DBs running routes and has the speed to go over top. The one where he juked 2 DBs on one route (before the ball was thrown) was a thing a beauty. 

You dont amass 1400 yards receiving being raw. Had over 1000 the previous year as well.

Patterson last yr was raw, Robinson not so much. 

Dont feel like I have something against the kid or is critiquing him. Im trying to like the kid, but I just cant.

Im not comparing him to Patterson raw, but Robinson still has a lot of work to do just like Benjamin. I think thats why Robinson is getting the hype he is getting. Raw guys with higher ceiling just seems to attract scouts more; i.e. Tavon Austin 2013.

The stats metric that I posted on here also backed what I got out of the highlights: a high percentage of catches off screen.

Robinson gets a lot of Colston comparison and I do see some similarities. But Colston is a big possession target. Robinson is not a possession receiver to me. He has the speed to be a downfield threat, but I really didnt see a lot just off what I saw. It's not consistent enough.

Imo, Robinson is almost a bigger Ted Ginn. That's not me undervaluing his ability, but again what I got out of with the limited highlights I watched.

#12 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

He is getting alot of hype because of what I already pointed out

6'2 

Fast

Explosive

Elusive

Athletic

Electric 

1,400 receiving yards

You usually do not get all that in one package. 

#13 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,208 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

He is getting alot of hype because of what I already pointed out

6'2 

Fast

Explosive

Elusive

Athletic

Electric 

1,400 receiving yards

You usually do not get all that in one package. 

Like I said you're not telling me anything I dont know already. You're giving me the same analysis that I can get off a draft site.

Matthews has everything Robinson have and everywhere I look, Robinson is projected a couple spots higher. I just dont get it.

If we want an explosive receiver, I'd go with Odell Beckham or Jarvis Landry. Other than height, both guys imo does everything much better than Robinson. Not just that, Landry is a physical blocker.

#14 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

A few things I saw from some cut ups. He's a great route runner, gets separation. Good after the catch, he wins at the catch point which we don't have a receiver who can really do that.

#15 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:45 PM

Like I said you're not telling me anything I dont know already. You're giving me the same analysis that I can get off a draft site.

Matthews has everything Robinson have and everywhere I look, Robinson is projected a couple spots higher. I just dont get it.

If we want an explosive receiver, I'd go with Odell Beckham or Jarvis Landry. Other than height, both guys imo does everything much better than Robinson. Not just that, Landry is a physical blocker.

Landry isn't explosive at all. He's a great receiver, but a one speed guy. Robinson is a physical specimen, he has a physicality that Matthews does not have and I think he will run faster. Matthews is the more polished receiver, very smooth, but I think that Robinson has an extra gear and an aggressive mentality with the ball that Matthews will never have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.