74 replies to this topic

#61 jdpanther5

jdpanther5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • LocationBurlington

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

Fortunately for us there's lots of SG talent in the draft, there will still be nice options at 24. I'm hoping for LaVine at 24, top ten talent but likely won't go that high due to not quite being NBA-ready.

That said I doubt he falls to us and - even if he does - we probably won't take another project and instead go for a guy with more immediate-impact potential. His teammates Jordan Adams and Kyle Anderson (as sort of a McBob-like Point 4) are intriguing as well.

Hairston could be an option, though we tend to shy away from questionable characters. I've even seen some mocks where Hood or Young fall, unlikely but I could see one of them sliding.

We also jumped 10 slots a couple years ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if we pull something similar for Harris or Stauskas.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#62 Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

I'd say look at KJ McDaniels from Clemson. He's 6'6" and can play SG or SF but can defend a lot of positions. His calling card is his extreme athleticism (blocks on blocks on blocks). Think MKG with a much better jump shot. Still can be inconsistent but is a solid prospect who will be there at our pick.

#63 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,603 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

Deandre Kane in the 2nd? Anyone? Anyone?

#64 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,682 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

I would love Kane.

#65 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

We need to do what the original Hornets did, mine big man talent late in the draft or free agency. Think about guys like Jamaal Magloire, David West, and Brad Miller. They were great value and had great careers. I don't buy the attitude that you need to be drafting top 5 to get a good player. You can get a good player much later, it's harder, but these guys get paid a lot of money to make good decisions. We have thrown away so many lottery picks on bust after bust. Let's go get someone good at pick #24.

#66 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:33 PM

Deandre Kane in the 2nd? Anyone? Anyone?

Heck yeah, I am high on him.

#67 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,682 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:06 PM

DraftExpress has updated their mock draft and I must say, it's a good one.

With the 24th pick, DraftExpress has the Charlotte Hornets selecting none-other than P.J. Hairston. I love Hairston and hope he makes it to us, his ceiling (in my opinion) is James Harden. Hariston is 6-5, 230 as where Harden is 6-5, 220. Both can create their own shot, are excellent outside shooters, and can get to the rim. If Hairston keeps his head on straight, he can be a stud.

With the 39th pick, DraftExpress has the Charlotte Hornets selecting Nikola Jokic. I actually had us taking Jokic in one of my mocks. He is a boom or bust prospect, but with the right coaching; he could be the next Marc Gasol. Jokic needs to get stronger, but he has a solid perimeter game, an average post game that most foreign prospects don't possess, and he is a superb passer for a big man.

In conclusion,

I believe Hairston's ceiling is Harden and as Jokic ceiling is Marc Gasol. I'm not saying either one will hit their ceiling, but the risk is definitely worth the reward for these two prospects. 

#68 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:54 PM

Would love the Hornets taking PJ.

#69 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:12 AM

Hairston would be the perfect guy for us. Exactly what we need. I'm not sure we would go with him because of his questionable character. We seem to only like the high character team leader type guys but I don't see how we could pass on that if he is there

#70 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

Now that Detroit got SVG as their new coach/GM I'd much rather get the Pistons pick this year.  Honestly if they lose Monroe in FA it'll probably be best for their team next year

#71 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,853 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:46 PM

This is the first time in a while I've had a clear cut favorite in the draft, but Hairston makes it easy.

You have to hope getting booted made him grow up so.

#72 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:32 PM

Now that Detroit got SVG as their new coach/GM I'd much rather get the Pistons pick this year.  Honestly if they lose Monroe in FA it'll probably be best for their team next year

I want it now too.

#73 Hornets_Stebbins35

Hornets_Stebbins35

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

I really think the Hornets need to draft Doug Mcdermott with the 9th pick and try to acquire Monroe from Detroit. I think that would be a mean down low presents with Jefferson and Monroe and also give us a good shooter with Mcdermott. 

#74 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,603 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

I am warming up to McDermott if he can play the 4.  As the three, not sure he can defend that position.

Also still high on TJW from State.  Even as a UNC fan I can admit that the dude can put the ball in the basket, and I think his game will translate better to the NBA than some scouts think, if he is used properly.

#75 CackalackCat

CackalackCat

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

Also still high on TJW from State.  Even as a UNC fan I can admit that the dude can put the ball in the basket, and I think his game will translate better to the NBA than some scouts think, if he is used properly.

Sure, why not. We have been down the UNC road, (Felton, May, Haywood) and the Dook road (McBob and Hendo).  Time to give state a shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users