Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roy Hibbert, Paul Millsap, Joe Johnson (lol), and Joakim Noah Make All-Star Game Ahead of Al Jefferson

20 posts in this topic

Posted

I agree about the winning, but I cant look at Hibbert and say he is a big reason they win and his stats arent great either.

Noah has a good all-around game, but is he the reason they are winning? Some nights he has very little to do with it and just makes hustle plays... then some nights he grits them into a position to win, but is he the reason? Both of those teams have really good starting fives that collectively win. I feel like they got the spots for being on winning teams rather than being so good that they led their teams to win.

Al has had a direct effect on our win total AND is putting up bigger numbers across the board than both of them. When I was a kid, it was stats that usually pushed a player into an all-star spot, regardless of their team performance. If a player is good, they are good, and typically they carry their team to wins they wouldn't have otherwise. That is Al. I can't say that for some of the guys that made it.

I'm trying to view this as objectively as possible, but it just seems ridiculous. All we can hope for is a winning team at the break next season so Al finally gets his due.

I see where you are coming from I think it just comes down to personal preference. I just don;t look at the hawks and bulls and see a great all around team with loads of talent... For me personally it's hard to say a team is top in a conference above .500 and have zero all stars but a team well below .500 does. For me I'm usually going to give the edge to the player on the much better team because I am going to assume they are part of the reason for that. The only exception is if you have a true bonafide All-Star on a below average team... Like Melo who is 2nd in PPG this season.   

Posted

The Bobcats have one less win at the break than they had all of last season. And they're in contention for the playoffs. Al is a very big reason for that. He is the focal point of defenses on a nightly basis. That is a very hard task to face on a team with limited weapons. But does Al get any credit for steamrolling defenses and keeping his injury-hit team in the playoff hunt? Nope!!!

Posted

Center talent is down in the nba... But given the lack of overall offensive threats on our team Jefferson numbers are inflated. On most other playoff teams he would not put up these stats...

Personally I would take Johnson off and add lance or lowery.

Jefferson averaged 23 points per game on a team with Kevin Love.. I highly doubt his stats are inflated because of the talent on the roster. I would buy that argument if he was averaging 28 points per game.

Posted

How did JJ even make it over Afflalo? Him making it at all is head scratcher.

Posted

Jefferson averaged 23 points per game on a team with Kevin Love.. I highly doubt his stats are inflated because of the talent on the roster. I would buy that argument if he was averaging 28 points per game.

Not to mention he put up the same kind of numbers in Utah that he has this year.

And those Utah teams were better than any team in the East today, save Miami and Indy.

Posted

Come on man... that is VERY misleading... That was Love's rookie year when he only played like 25 mins a game and barely averaged doubled digits... That was a bad bad team again which only had 24 wins... In the following season love stilled played less than 30 mpg and that was an even worst team with 15 wins. 

The reason why I say his stats are inflated is because AL is TOP 10 in the league in FGA per game... top 10... only big men shooting more than him is Love and Aldridge. On any decent team with offensive weapons Al would not be asked to take so may shots that he would be top 10 in the league, that's why I say his numbers are inflated on this team.

But hey you are all entitled to your opinions. This is just my opinion from watching most of the bobcats game and watching a lot of other nba games on league pass. 

Posted

I can't believe Joe Johnson made it over Lowry. Jefferson over Millsap should've also happened

Posted

Now IF the all-star voting was today Big AL would 100% be in the all star game especially over Millsap.... downside of having the All Star game in the middle of the season.