61 replies to this topic

#1 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

or running quarter or dual threat quarter. Finally I don't have to hear about how those types of quarterbacks can't win superbowls. Finally we can all just now talk about football. It's amazing that while people were uttering those statements they forgot to mention how few dual threat QBs were in the league. Even to this day the number of dual threat QBs in this league is still outnumbered about 6 to 1. I think there are about just 4 dual threat QBs out of 32, yet for the last 2 years they have either represented for the superbowl or won it. That's an odd any gambler would take.

Today was a great day. Now, what day is the combine and free agency!?

#2 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,668 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:25 PM

#3 King Schit

King Schit

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:33 PM

Not too thrilled about Cam not being the first SB champ out of the last three qb draft classes but I rather it be Russ than one of the other favorite sons.

#4 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

Russell isn't the first "dual threat" QB too win a SB.

Russell isn't the first black QB to win the SB.

Nothing will change on the perception of QBs.

#5 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

All you need to know about dual threat QBs is that the last three NFC QBs standing were dual threats. Last year (like this year) 3/6 teams in the NFC playoffs were dual threats. Every single dual threat QB has at least made it to a post season and many have at least won a game. 

A great number of dual threats have also made it to the SB-- including the last two.

Can you be The Golden Calf of Bristol out there and win a ring? Of course not, you have to be able to thrown, but this notion that dual threats cannot win a SB when McNair and McNabb and Kaepernick came within inches is downright hilarious.

Tonights biggest beneficiary: JOHNNY MANZIEL.

His agent should sent seattle and wilson a piece of his rookie deal (along with carolina and 49ers).

#6 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

My bad, made that 4/6 teams in the NFC were dual threats---yes you have to count Foles as he ran a spread option attack.

#7 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:50 PM

You think Russell Wilson won that Super Bowl?  I don't know who Seattle's 3rd stringer is, but they would've won with him playing.  That defense and the Broncos just plain pooing the bed is what won the game for Seattle.  If anything, tonight's game was proof that defense can still win a Super Bowl in today's NFL.  Seattle's offense had done virtually nothing and the game was still already out of reach.

#8 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

they call me the hiphopopautomus...

#9 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

You think Russell Wilson won that Super Bowl?  I don't know who Seattle's 3rd stringer is, but they would've won with him playing.  That defense and the Broncos just plain pooing the bed is what won the game for Seattle.  If anything, tonight's game was proof that defense can still win a Super Bowl in today's NFL.  Seattle's offense had done virtually nothing and the game was still already out of reach.

It doesn't matter. The argument has ALWAYS been that mobile QBs will NEVER win a SB. Wilson took practically every snap for the Seahawks this season and WON the SB as a mobile QB.

The argument against Cam is that he cannot win a SB because he is mobile, which if you look back at the history of mobile QBs in the NFL, they have been fairly successful given how few there are.

#10 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

It doesn't matter. The argument has ALWAYS been that mobile QBs will NEVER win a SB. Wilson took practically every snap for the Seahawks this season and WON the SB as a mobile QB.

The argument against Cam is that he cannot win a SB because he is mobile, which if you look back at the history of mobile QBs in the NFL, they have been fairly successful given how few there are.

My advice to you:  Don't listen to morons.

#11 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,345 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:06 PM

I'm not sure if this game to bestow the benefits of the Mobile QB winning a Superbowl?

See Linville George's manifesto on the subject. Lol

#12 Deebo

Deebo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

Today games shows

It doesn't matter what the color of the qb is to win a super bowl

it doesn't matter if the qb can run to win the a super bowl

You can be the best prototypical qb in the league you are not guarantee to win the super bowl 

Without the right pieces you can't win the big ones.

#13 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,401 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:09 PM

. but this notion that dual threats cannot win a SB when McNair and McNabb and Kaepernick came within inches is downright hilarious.

Are you forgetting Steve Young?

#14 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:09 PM

I'm not sure if this game to bestow the benefits of the Mobile QB winning a Superbowl?

See Linville George's manifesto on the subject. Lol

How about 4/6 teams in the NFC bracket having a mobile QB? Does that bestow a benefit?

#15 Panthers111

Panthers111

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

Only in the past few years have we really seen the emergence of the mobile QB. Before Cam there were guys like Vick, Mcnair, Young, Culpepper, and Mcnabb.

Now we have Cam, Cap, Wilson, RG3, etc. The quality and number of mobile QBs have gone up. 

It is just a huge misunderstanding/misused phrase that mobile QBs cant win. They havent won because there were so few of them and the quality of their play wasnt quite up to par. 

Now theres a good group out there so expect things to change. It is the new NFL. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.