53 replies to this topic

#11 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

i wish JR would slip him a couple mil under the table in exchange for a voluntary pay cut/restructure/retirement

#12 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSouth Florida
SUPPORTER

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

We gotta hold out some hope he gets serviceable again. Hes still young.

Yep. Stewart is tough as nails too. We gotta hope he makes a comeback.

#13 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

If Stewart is the type of guy fans have always talked about, then he needs to heavily consider doing the right thing by the franchise that drafted him in the first round, and gave him that contract, and take a pay cut to help the team.

He's got barely 700 total yards, and only one touchdown the last two seasons. There's no way he can sit there with a straight face, and say he is earning all of that contract.

#14 KARASMATIC444

KARASMATIC444

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

If it wasnt him it would be someone else. There is always going to be some guys taking too much money while they are hurt or not performing. Every team has some, some teams are better than others. i wont argue that Hurney never made mistake contracts, however dont be surprised when we have new bad contracts from this FO in a few years. We all wanted to keep Double trouble together and we wouldnt want to have lost CJ. Hindshight is 20/20. we will field a team next year we did this year. were just going to have to be patient on some of these. 

#15 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

If Stewart is the type of guy fans have always talked about, then he needs to heavily consider doing the right thing by the franchise that drafted him in the first round, and gave him that contract, and take a pay cut to help the team.

He's got barely 700 total yards, and only one touchdown the last two seasons. There's no way he can sit there with a straight face, and say he is earning all of that contract.

I wish he would too, but I'll completely understand it if he didn't.  Business is business.  He didn't hold a gun to Hurney's head to get that contract.

#16 Hotsauce

Hotsauce

Future Training Camp MVP

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

I'm fine if he comes back healthy next season and rushes for 1000+ yds

#17 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

Must have been.

#18 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

If it wasnt him it would be someone else. There is always going to be some guys taking too much money while they are hurt or not performing. Every team has some, some teams are better than others. i wont argue that Hurney never made mistake contracts, however dont be surprised when we have new bad contracts from this FO in a few years. We all wanted to keep Double trouble together and we wouldnt want to have lost CJ. Hindshight is 20/20. we will field a team next year we did this year. were just going to have to be patient on some of these. 

I ain't mad at Hurney for the CJ deal.  He's an elite DE.  But, there were plenty of people who didn't want to give both DeAngelo and J. Stew big deals.  You just can't afford two big money RBs.  Hell, plenty of people would argue that you can't afford one.

#19 KARASMATIC444

KARASMATIC444

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

I ain't mad at Hurney for the CJ deal.  He's an elite DE.  But, there were plenty of people who didn't want to give both DeAngelo and J. Stew big deals.  You just can't afford two big money RBs.  Hell, plenty of people would argue that you can't afford one.

Well at that time we had nothing more than a run game. They were killing it and were the identity of the team. The thing that hurts now is we dont get our value out of them. If we had switched to a 3/4 and CJ only had 5 sacks and about 10 tackles we would be fuming over his. My point is there are some decision you have to make that are hard, and you cant always know how it will work out. One thing that i know for a fact is that as long as there is a team, we will be griping over someones contract, its not going to change.

#20 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

Hurney knew his time was short and screwed us walking out the door.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users