Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Want To Tank? Kemba Says Put a Sock In It.

22 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It would be pretty difficult for them to end up at 42-40, they'd have to go 20-12 the rest of the season. 

Not outside the realm of possibility. The way the defense has been playing with the way big Al has been playing could potentially propel is into the playoffs as a 5/6 seed

Posted · Report post

5-6 seed I could deal with better than 7-8 seed.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

5-6 seed I could deal with better than 7-8 seed.

Yeah if we are going to go then go ALL IN, no need to go and get swept.

Posted · Report post

Kemba does not have an impact on the game. He can put a sock in that.

587524278.gif

Posted · Report post

Players never want to tank because it means they may not start/play/have a job anymore. I'd expect him to say nothing else. 

also because players want to win at any cost and believe every team has a chance to win it all.

Posted · Report post

I love what he said. He's a competitor and he wants to win

I doubt there's a pro athlete out there who isn't a competitor who wants to win.

Posted · Report post

any Horcats fans that think tanking is a good idea need to GTFO. The lottery has not been kind to this team and if this draft is so "loaded" like all the experts are saying - we will be able to get a quality player whenever we pick. This tanking shit is horrible and shows how immature and inexperienced this fanbase and city really are. 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

also because players want to win at any cost and believe every team has a chance to win it all.

True. But confidence can quickly become hubris. Especially if he believes they can win it all or even just make noise in the playoffs, with a below .500 roster, when half the league is tanking. Not exactly a bright sign for the future when they've been below average at best in a terrible Eastern Conference. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I think we hired Coach Cliff a year too early.

Posted · Report post

The organization might want to tank, and do everything in their power to make that happen, for a certain pick but the players and coaching staff will never want to tank for a pick. I know former Cavs coach John Lucas assumed that was the case when Cleveland wanted Lebron.

The way I see it, if the organization really wanted to tank going into this season, they wouldn't have signed Al Jefferson or replaced a struggling Mike Dunlap with a highly sought after assistant coach in Clifford. Why improve the team at all?