Photo
- - - - -

Make me a fan of your School

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#31 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:55 AM

Plus your coach is infinite entertainment.

Very true. He's also got an amazingly hot wife.

#32 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:09 AM

UNC's a great team to root for if you're not sure you'll like college football because you only have to stay at the games until halftime like everyone else in their stadium.

So, I see you have been to a Carolina Game during either the end of the Torbush era or Bunting era.....Actually Carolina had filled the stadium pretty much during the Dooley, Crum,and Brown era

I just love the fact that people say Carolina has no fans even during the Torbush era, Carolina packed that stadium.....Bunting gave the fans nothing to cheer for, he settled for OT, mediocre play and always played second fiddle to the Basketball team. (Also, had one of the worst records in Carolina history) Now that Davis is there he is at least trying to bring the excitement back to the Stadium in the Pines.

#33 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,310 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:27 AM

Ive pissed on Kenan stadium many times.

#34 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,514 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:29 PM

So, I see you have been to a Carolina Game during either the end of the Torbush era or Bunting era.....Actually Carolina had filled the stadium pretty much during the Dooley, Crum,and Brown era

Yeah, I used to date this ***** that went to school there. We'd get the worst seats in the house and end up 10th row, 50 yard line by 8 minutes in the 2nd quarter.

#35 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:55 PM

13 bowls games since 1947 is very impressive.

Melissa Midwest > Wynonna Judd

Ashley > All m o o n spells Nebraska fans everywhere

#36 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,074 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:29 PM

Rockytopvol has me leaning toward Tennessee right now after that very good pitch.

#37 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:52 PM

Rockytopvol has me leaning toward Tennessee right now after that very good pitch.

Nayland stadium with a full house for a SEC game is a freakin religious experience.

My dads family is from Knoxville and the surrounding area so they are all huge Vols supporters.

#38 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,132 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:28 PM

Davidson

We wear blue blazers and loafers to home games. And drink scotch.

And lose.

#39 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:52 AM

C'mon over dude...we'd love to have you! Plus, this staff is putting together a great recruiting class for 2010. You could get in on the ground-floor with this one.

#40 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:17 AM

C'mon over dude...we'd love to have you! Plus, this staff is putting together a great recruiting class for 2010. You could get in on the ground-floor with this one.

ground floor with this one???

You guys have had the better recruiting class for years, maybe not as high as you wanted but now you guys have a NFL DC pretty much telling recruits I iwll get you to Sundays that is almost a shoein now

#41 JMJonesJr

JMJonesJr

52, Number of the Beast

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:14 AM

You really can't go wrong with the SEC if you actually want to care about it. I don't feel the need to make a pitch for Auburn because, well, I don't understand why anyone would cheer for anyone else.

#42 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:23 PM

NC State is the only logical choice.

We have a proven winner as our head coach, a proven winner thats not going to be looking at other top coaching jobs across the nation each off season. We have the most exciting football player in the ACC in Russell Wilson. We have a very dedicated fan base that will show up and not leave early even during a down year. We also have some of the best tailgating in the nation.

#43 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:57 PM

NC State is the only logical choice.

We have a proven winner as our head coach, a proven winner thats not going to be looking at other top coaching jobs across the nation each off season. We have the most exciting football player in the ACC in Russell Wilson. We have a very dedicated fan base that will show up and not leave early even during a down year. We also have some of the best tailgating in the nation.

The only logical choice? Maybe if he lived in Raleigh. I mean no disrespect to the Wolfpack, because I grew up going to NC State games when I was a kid. I grew up in Wilson, and my pops went to State.
Still, your selling points are coaching, exciting players, and tailgating.
1. O'Brien may have an successful past, but has done nothing in Raleigh just yet. I hope he turns out to be a good hire, but that remains to be seen.
2. Russell Wilson is fun to watch, but, well, you're right...he's far more exciting to watch than the players of the SEC.
3. Tailgating??? Comparing tailgating between the ACC and SEC is like comparing a night of bingo at church to a keg party. I've been to many many ACC tailgates, and I honestly haven't even seen one that rivals little old East Carolina in their tailgating ways.

Someone earlier helped make my point by saying that an SEC game in Neyland is like a religious experience. You want an experienced coaching staff? How about Monte Kiffin and Jim Chaney to go along with Lane and Ed Orgeron? You want a player more exciting than Russell Wilson? How about Eric freaking Berry? He has 13 yards to go to break the all-time interception return record...and he's going to be a third year junior. He scored as many TDs in 2008 (as a safety) than Russell Wilson (Mr. Mobile QB) did on the ground. Again, nothing against NC State. They're definitely the team I support in the ACC. I'm just saying they can't really compete with the Big Orange!

#44 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:40 PM

1) O'Brien showed last year that when his team is healthy that then can win games. State had injuries all across the board, including to Wilson, at the beginning of the season, but once everyone got healthy TOB showed by winning the last 4 regular season games, while facing bowl elimination in each of them, that he can win when his players are healthy.

2) I didn't say that Russell was the most exciting player in the nation, I said he was the most exciting in the ACC. The SEC may be the best conference in the nation, but just because Tennessee plays in that conference that doesn't mean that they have more exciting players than a team in the ACC.

And you're trying to make the case that Eric Berry is a more exciting player than Russell Wilson?? Don't get me wrong here, Eric Berry is an amazing player, easily the best safety in the nation. But trying to say that Eric Berry, who might touch the ball 5 times a game if he returns punts/kicks and once every couple of games if he doesn't, is more exciting than a quarterback with a deadly accurate arm to go along with his ability to take off if a play breaks down is pretty laughable in my book.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but all the stats for Berry that I can find say that he only had 2 total TD's last year... Well Russell had 4 on the ground, so there goes another one of your "points."

Also, trying to argue that a safety is the most exciting player, which to me means they will also have one of the biggest effects on the outcome of the game, says a whole lot about what you have on offense.

3) I'll give you credit about having Monte Kiffin on your coaching staff, but the embarrassment that is Lane far outweighs the effect that Monte will have.

4) I'm not sure if it was you or another Tennessee fan, but someone threw out some names of former Vols players... well how about Philip Rivers, Mario Williams and Torry Holt?

But to the originator of this thread:

The only thing that Tennessee has on State at this point would be their stadium and the atmosphere in it. But if you're looking for a school that has the whole package (coaching, players, fans, and another thing that Tennessee doesn't have, the ability to keep up/win their respective conference) then NC State is exactly what you're looking for.

#45 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:37 PM

Tennessee was in the SEC Championship game in December of 2007. They lost by seven points to LSU (the national champion) when Erik Ainge threw a pick-six. It really was a very close game. Also, the Vols have won a National Championship even since the BCS era. How bout State? What's the last time they won the ACC outright? How about this, what's the last time they were even contenders on a national level?
Please let this one go, dude. I hate having to argue against the Pack. But this one is a no-brainer.
And just because ESPN likes to bag on Lane, that doesn't make him a joke. He got a top ten recruiting class (after the signing of Bryce Brown of course) with a 5-7 team. He's already landed several 4* guys for 2010, and I can promise you that class will finish in the top ten. Don't show your ignorance by bringing up secondary violations, because his six is about 1/4 of what Ohio State gets almost every year. You just never hear about Mr. Sweater-Vest and his violations. Also, I'm pretty sure UGA had a couple dozen last year too.
Also, you've obviously never seen Eric Berry hit someone. Just watch a game on TV this year, and you'll hear his tackles. For someone to say that a safety can't be as exciting as Russell Wilson (I'm still cringing from his performance in that South Carolina game), you must just watch games like my wife. She pays attention to the QB, and that's it.
This thread is not for us to argue, though I'm glad to see a Wolfpack fan with this much passion, so I'll take a small step your direction.
I propose that the guy looking for a new team should just pull for UT and NCSU. Definitely go to a game in Knoxville, and a game in Raleigh this year. Both teams will be very exciting to watch. Just, you should know that both teams will break your heart at some point too. Plus, it will give you a few years to pick sides once and for all...when the Vols and Pack meet up down in Atlanta for the season kickoff game.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com