Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BigBoss

I hear UNC is playing Duke Wednesday

302 posts in this topic

Alright you want to hang on to this delusion that coach K is behind the whole postponement then show me a link that says K asked for it to be postponed.

I found one. It's from the Gaston Gazette - https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1298664192/h76A8D269/

Again, you guys whining about this still are acting like retards. There is no reason to argue about it because Coach Koward got his way.  

Wait....so you're saying not only did Coach K cancel the game he did it BEFORE talking to the ACC? Say it isn't so. This has got to be a lie.

Right?

Coach Koward would NEVER lie or cheat or steal to get his way. #dirtbag

I don't hate the man at all - not even a little bit. I listed 10 reasons why it was a bitch move and could have been handled better/differently. I stand behind all of them. Can you list any reasons supporting why this was the best way to handle it? Stop mentioning safety of the fans. If that was truly a concern they would have canceled it at noon or earlier. You know...like schools, and workplaces do when they're concerned about one's safety. Not at the last minute.

UNC didn't announce until after 4p that they were going to open the Dome to the students. If you were so sure at 4:30pm, then you have some serious insider poo because the decision was made until 6p, and UNC surely didn't know at 4:30pm when they made their announcement about tickets

@_andrewcarter: It's really nonsensical to me that this game is still on. But this game is still on. Sent 3:47

@_andrewcarter: @djb_rh My best understanding is that it's a group decision, with officials from both schools and the league office involved. Sent at 3:50.

@_andrewcarter: Bubba says #UNC is encouraging fans with tickets to stay home and watch the game on TV. Sent at 3:53.

@_andrewcarter: #UNC-Duke postponed to later date, according to UNC AD Bubba Cunningham. Sent at 5:44.

So the game was called before 6 o'clock and was a group decision which means unc, Duke, and Acc officials agreed this was best for everyone.

Coach Koward would NEVER lie or cheat or steal to get his way. #dirtbag

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? Lying and cheating is what unc has been known for the last couple years. #AFAM #PJHAIRSTON

@_andrewcarter: It's really nonsensical to me that this game is still on. But this game is still on. Sent 3:47

@_andrewcarter: @djb_rh My best understanding is that it's a group decision, with officials from both schools and the league office involved. Sent at 3:50.

@_andrewcarter: Bubba says #UNC is encouraging fans with tickets to stay home and watch the game on TV. Sent at 3:53.

@_andrewcarter: #UNC-Duke postponed to later date, according to UNC AD Bubba Cunningham. Sent at 5:44.

So the game was called before 6 o'clock and was a group decision which means unc, Duke, and Acc officials agreed this was best for everyone.

Man....if only the people driving in the storm would have been following this ONE source you've cited then everything would have been ok.  

You do realize that there is a difference between discussing the cancellation and when the official announcement was made as to when it was postponed, right?  I could post articles all day that say the announcement didn't come until 6p.  What does it even matter if it was 4p, 544p, or 6p anyway?  You do realize that the ACC isn't going to place blame on one school or the other, right?  Do we really need to spell all that out for you or can you put together a critical thought on your own?  

You're going out of your way to try and prove me wrong about SOMETHING, but it doesn't change the fact that this was handled poorly and Coach K initiated the postponement.  

here's one of the articles that says 6p was the official announcement.  How many more do you want me to post? http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2014/02/12/duke-vs-north-carolina-game-postponed-due-to-inclement-weather/5434559/http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2014/02/12/duke-vs-north-carolina-game-postponed-due-to-inclement-weather/5434559/

Man....if only the people driving in the storm would have been following this ONE source you've cited then everything would have been ok.

You do realize that there is a difference between discussing the cancellation and when the official announcement was made as to when it was postponed, right? I could post articles all day that say the announcement didn't come until 6p. What does it even matter if it was 4p, 544p, or 6p anyway? You do realize that the ACC isn't going to place blame on one school or the other, right? Do we really need to spell all that out for you or can you put together a critical thought on your own?

You're going out of your way to try and prove me wrong about SOMETHING, but it doesn't change the fact that this was handled poorly and Coach K initiated the postponement.

here's one of the articles that says 6p was the official announcement. How many more do you want me to post? http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2014/02/12/duke-vs-north-carolina-game-postponed-due-to-inclement-weather/5434559/http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2014/02/12/duke-vs-north-carolina-game-postponed-due-to-inclement-weather/5434559/

Jesus you just don't get it. You want to blame coach K for it and he isn't the only one involved in the decision. The game should have been cancelled earlier but it wasn't.

You can post as many as you want, Andrew Carter is the unc/ACC writer for the News and Observer and he posted at 5:44 that Bubba Cunningham announced the game was postponed. It's on his twitter feed you can go look.

I am still waiting on your proof that coach K initiated this. Just because that's what you think in your head doesn't make it fact. I also don't take what a biased unc blogger says as fact.

Jesus you just don't get it. You want to blame coach K for it and he isn't the only one involved in the decision. The game should have been cancelled earlier but it wasn't.

You can post as many as you want, Andrew Carter is the unc/ACC writer for the News and Observer and he posted at 5:44 that Bubba Cunningham announced the game was postponed. It's on his twitter feed you can go look.

I am still waiting on your proof that coach K initiated this. Just because that's what you think in your head doesn't make it fact. I also don't take what a biased unc blogger says as fact.

So you're using 5:44pm to prove me wrong when I said the game was officially postponed at 6p?  WHAT?  

Typical Duke fan response thinking you can "decide" on who is a credible source and who isn't.  If I were you I wouldn't accept that one either since it shows you're wrong.  Unbelievable....well, actually it's not.  

So you're using 5:44pm to prove me wrong when I said the game was officially postponed at 6p? WHAT?

Typical Duke fan response thinking you can "decide" on who is a credible source and who isn't. If I were you I wouldn't accept that one either since it shows you're wrong. Unbelievable....well, actually it's not.

I have proven to you that it wasn't just a decision by coach K to postpone the game. I know it's hard to accept since your whole argument has been based on how much of a bitch/coward coach K is.

I am still waiting on your "proof" this was all coach K and Duke. You just keep deflecting. BTW a blogger doesn't have to verify sources and can basically just give their opinion whereas a true writer for a paper has to verify sources and make sure what they are saying is accurate. Bloggers are just like people who post on forums.

@ESPNAndyKatz: Duke has been told that they may postpone the game at UNC due to safety concerns. Official announcement soon. Sent at 5:25.