#46 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,877 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

Did Decker play in the Super Bowl? Decker looks good because nobody game plans for him. he is the 4th option at best for Denver and is yet to prove in my opinion to be elite. so why pay him #1WR money in Carolina. 

I agree with your point about paying Decker big money, but I bristle every time I hear someone refer to Decker as Denver's fourth option. He was there second option, and the numbers bare that out. He is not number one material, but can be a very effective number two.

#47 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,877 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

Jeremy Maclin Philly 6'0" 25.  Was solid as a #2 to D. Jackson.

I realize that it's arguable, but Jeremy Maclin was really coming on as the team's number one before his season got bankrupted. D-Jax  is really a one-tick pony, whereas Maclin is more versatile. Provided he is healthy, the Jets think that he can be a quality WR1. Likewise, they don't feel the same way about Decker. Moreover, the Eagles are rumored to be interested in Marquise Lee, whom people feel can be a WR1.

#48 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,466 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

Depending on how it plays out I see us keeping LaFell or Hixon and signing one of these guys. I think Ginn will chase after some money if he can and we want pay his price.

#49 thomas96

thomas96

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

Depending on how it plays out I see us keeping LaFell or Hixon and signing one of these guys. I think Ginn will chase after some money if he can and we want pay his price.

I don't see us not drafting at least 1 WR in the first two rounds. I highly doubt we keep LaFell or Hixon. Ginn ain't going nowhere, because he knows that he'll be a PR/KR only somewhere else. We gave him the chance at wideout that Miami and San Fran did not. I think it's very very likely that he stays even if he's offered more money to go somewhere else.

#50 Dilla

Dilla

Mad Decent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • LocationWashington, North Carolina

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

If we get a FA, I see Andre Roberts and Danario Alexander as guys we could look at.   

I remember when Alexander went undrafted and I wanted the Panthers to sign him bad. He has shown flashes every time he has been on the field, but injuries have probably ended his career. Hasn't he had like 7 surgeries his knees?

#51 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,156 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:42 AM

Jacoby Jones

Honestly,

This guy had less the 500 yds receiving.  In fact in his career he has never had over 600 yds receiving.

He is fast and can make a big play but I didn't include him in this list because he is in the same category as GINN.

#52 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,323 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:57 AM

I don't see us not drafting at least 1 WR in the first two rounds. I highly doubt we keep LaFell or Hixon. Ginn ain't going nowhere, because he knows that he'll be a PR/KR only somewhere else. We gave him the chance at wideout that Miami and San Fran did not. I think it's very very likely that he stays even if he's offered more money to go somewhere else.

I think in Ginn we have the example of the "having something to prove" scenario that some have said doesn't really exist.i think this was his last chance and he did a good job showing he was more than a return man.i was glad because I thought is was a waste to have him when all he could do was return kicks.He is not great and not a #1 but he does add a demension to the offense we didn't have.he can still be a contributor but we need to upgrade also.i would think we would get at least one in first 2 rds but no guarantee and still good WR prospects with 3rd rd grades and later.

#53 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,092 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:37 AM

2014 will be the year of the Bersin

#54 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,156 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:10 AM

2014 will be the year of the Bersin

I wish. I like him, good size, good hands but no speed.  Don't think he will be around after training camp next year.

#55 thomas96

thomas96

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

I think in Ginn we have the example of the "having something to prove" scenario that some have said doesn't really exist.i think this was his last chance and he did a good job showing he was more than a return man.i was glad because I thought is was a waste to have him when all he could do was return kicks.He is not great and not a #1 but he does add a demension to the offense we didn't have.he can still be a contributor but we need to upgrade also.i would think we would get at least one in first 2 rds but no guarantee and still good WR prospects with 3rd rd grades and later.

I think Ginn IS our guy at #3 receiver (not #2 or #1) and KR and PR. We'll very likely draft one in the first two rounds, or if not we'll sign a FA and he'll step in at #2 or even #1 possibly. We'll see how it plays out.

#56 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,344 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

Buyers Market?

http://profootballta...gent-receivers/

I am liking Riley Cooper but figure Philly will get him back

#57 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,391 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:20 PM

I believe that Kenny Britt is probably the most talented receiver in free agency. If the kids is not such a knuckle head, he'd probably get top money.

If Gman can trust this kid enough, I'd love to bring him in. Britt is a baller.

#58 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:30 PM

I remember when Alexander went undrafted and I wanted the Panthers to sign him bad. He has shown flashes every time he has been on the field, but injuries have probably ended his career. Hasn't he had like 7 surgeries his knees?

Didn't realize that.  He may be made too much of glass and be done.  

As I mentioned before, there's a good chance we don't grab any of the FA WRs outside of our own in Ginn/Hixon 

The one I would actually trust the most as an upgrade who's done better every season: Golden Tate 

Him and Andre Roberts should be as much in the discussion as Maclin and Nicks.  

#59 Cam2Ligit2Quit

Cam2Ligit2Quit

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

I agree with your point about paying Decker big money, but I bristle every time I hear someone refer to Decker as Denver's fourth option. He was there second option, and the numbers bare that out. He is not number one material, but can be a very effective number two.

WE have a #2 in the form of Ginn (hopefully if he resigns) anybody can look good catching balls from Payton especially when you don't have to gameplan for them example  Blair White, Austin Collie, Anthony Gonzalez, Jacob Tamme.  Decker could be a good#2WR who wants #1 $$$, but we don't need a #2wr right now when we don't have a #1wr anymore on the team (SS can't carry the #1WR load like he used to ) 

#60 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

SIDNEYZ RIZE GUYZ! GAME COCKZ!!! NUMBER ONEZ!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.