Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roman Harper, Jabari Greer, Jonathan Vilma, Will Smith all cut! Saints cleaning house with the vets

59 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Poor Aints.

Sign me up for Greer if he's healthy.

I dont see how the Aints can be competitive next season. With Payton, I still dont see how. Theyre looking like the 2012 Aints again. They have problems everywhere you look at: OTs (LT/RT: Strief FA), secondary, etc.

With a good draft by TB, they could be the sleeper in the NFCS.

Posted · Report post

Agree these guys are vets but you need a few savvy vets on your team to help the young guys out, there cutting guys who you prob need around, not all of them but some and the only way they get below the cap is to cut them all, always they unfortunately always got a chance with Brees/Payton there, but the bucs have some nice peices in place, I believe there going to be totally transformed this season with Lovie Smith, gona be a tough year.

Exactly.

These are not just vets. They're starters. Aints will be a younger team, but you def dont want to be that young on defense when you have the offensive weapons like Carolina, Atl, and TB in your division.

Even with all those cuts, they're just barely under the cap. Graham will push them right back up there. They also have two guys in Strief and Malcolm Jenkins as free agents.

Posted · Report post

I dont care if still have Brees and Payton. If you can put pressure in Brees face consistently, there's going to be problem for the Aints. Seattle showed it and the Pro Bowl proved just that.

Posted · Report post

Expected and expendable sans maybe Harper, they'll have like almost 4 mil in cap right now, heard Pierre Thomas and Lance Moore are likely gone as well.  After they finish releasing those players they might have 9 mil in cap, with almost 7 of that going towards Graham with the TE tag, and they still have 20 other roster spots to fill out.  Talk about buying a budget.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Expected and expendable sans maybe Harper, they'll have like almost 4 mil in cap right now, heard Pierre Thomas and Lance Moore are likely gone as well. After they finish releasing those players they might have 9 mil in cap, with almost 7 of that going towards Graham with the TE tag, and they still have 20 other roster spots to fill out. Talk about buying a budget.

Wow didn't know it was that bad, was Hurney traded there or something? Maybe things aren't as bad for us as we sometimes think, bigger picture and all that.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Expected and expendable sans maybe Harper, they'll have like almost 4 mil in cap right now, heard Pierre Thomas and Lance Moore are likely gone as well.  After they finish releasing those players they might have 9 mil in cap, with almost 7 of that going towards Graham with the TE tag, and they still have 20 other roster spots to fill out.  Talk about buying a budget.

Shoot give me Lance Moore!

I'll take Moore, Strief, Malcolm Jenkins, and Greer.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I wonder how many of these players are heading to St. Louis (Greg Williams).

Posted · Report post

fug 'em all.
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Seriously wouldn't mind seeing if we could land Vilma on the cheap to replace Blackburn.

Posted · Report post

fug 'em all.

Agree,  Dave Gettleman is not interested in any of these old-ass players.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Cleaning up for Graham and Malcolm Jenkins?

Hell, I'd bring in both Smith and Harper. Would love to have Malcolm Jenkins if he's not brought back by them.

This is making me worry about a Calvin Pryor to NO. Pryor and Vaccaro would be pretty scary.

No.

Posted · Report post

Seriously wouldn't mind seeing if we could land Vilma on the cheap to replace Blackburn.

No.

4 people like this