Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I hear Duke is playing UNC today

75 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I can't confirm that they'll actually play today because there is still plenty of time for K to make an excuse, but I'm fairly optimistic we may actually see the game today.

I have a busy day so I won't be able to start drinking midday like I normally like to do, but I'll make up for it later.

Go Heels

Posted · Report post

FWIW since you brought it back up roy said yesterday at his PC that he was part of the decision to postpone the game.

Posted · Report post

FWIW since you brought it back up roy said yesterday at his PC that he was part of the decision to postpone the game.

OF COURSE he did.  I can only recall one time when Roy hasn't been politically correct.  That was when Kansas lost to Syracuse.  

Posted · Report post

Is that when he said he "could give a $h!t about north carolina right now"?  Or the time he compared unc's 2-6 Acc record to the earthquake in Haiti?  Or when he had the Presbyterian fan thrown out of the smith center?

Posted · Report post

Is that when he said he "could give a $h!t about north carolina right now"?  Or the time he compared unc's 2-6 Acc record to the earthquake in Haiti?  Or when he had the Presbyterian fan thrown out of the smith center?

That was a big time bitch move.  See....it's easy for me to admit it.  You should try it. 

Posted · Report post

Now lets get some talk in about the game.  I think if Duke shoots well they will win the game easily, if they don't unc has a great shot at pulling the upset.  I think for unc Paige, McAdoo, and one other player all have to have big games for them to win.  

Posted · Report post

That was a big time bitch move.  See....it's easy for me to admit it.  You should try it. 

I would if I had a reason too.   :thumbsu:

Posted · Report post

I know there were a lot of Duke fans that were able to get tickets off Stubhub so I wonder how many will get thrown out tonight?  I hope I am not one of them.  

Posted · Report post

I know there were a lot of Duke fans that were able to get tickets off Stubhub so I wonder how many will get thrown out tonight?  I hope I am not one of them.  

I've already emailed the Smith Center staff warning them about you.  The good news is you can take a quick 15 minute drive to Durham and catch the 2nd half at one of those crappy Duke bars.  

Posted · Report post

I've already emailed the Smith Center staff warning them about you.  The good news is you can take a quick 15 minute drive to Durham and catch the 2nd half at one of those crappy Duke bars.  

Haha.  I do know my seats are lower level I am just not sure if they are behind the unc bench or not, if so it could be a short night for me.  If so I will just drive over to the Washington Duke Inn and watch at their bar, that's where we pre game for Duke home games anyway.

Posted · Report post

Whichever team makes their shots is going to win. If UNC comes out flat duke and the refs are going to jump all over that. I also expect 2-3 phantom foul calls against JMM early so they can get him out of the game. There's nobody in duke's FC that can match up with JMM, Meeks, James, or even Desmond Hubert. I think duke wins by 6 points tonight. Maybe Jabari or Robert Hood will "slip" somewhere on the court. 

Posted · Report post

Haha.  I do know my seats are lower level I am just not sure if they are behind the unc bench or not, if so it could be a short night for me.  If so I will just drive over to the Washington Duke Inn and watch at their bar, that's where we pre game for Duke home games anyway.

I'll be there too.  If I see you I'm going to dump a soda on your head.  

Posted · Report post

I mean on paper duke has the better team. Everyone knows this. If they make their shots and UNC doesn't - it's not going to be very much fun for us heels fans. I could see UNC losing by 15 and I could also see them winning by 8-9. 

If you are going to the game have fun but FYI you can't buy beer or liquor drinks in there. 

Posted · Report post

Roughly 11 hours till..."yeah but if we would have played last Wednesday!"

Posted · Report post

I'll be there too. If I see you I'm going to dump a soda on your head.

Maybe we should grab a drink after the game. I am probably just going to stay up all night so I can make my flight. Well unless you plan on dumping the drink on my head.

Posted · Report post

Maybe we should grab a drink after the game. I am probably just going to stay up all night so I can make my flight. Well unless you plan on dumping the drink on my head.

how the hell can you fly hung over? I would have an anxiety attack

Posted · Report post

how the hell can you fly hung over? I would have an anxiety attack

Experience and more alcohol at the airport before the flight. I have to keep it going because when we land in NYC we have to find a bar and watch the USA hockey game.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Experience and more alcohol at the airport before the flight. I have to keep it going because when we land in NYC we have to find a bar and watch the USA hockey game.

Hockey? I always knew you were a yankee

Posted · Report post

BS aside - cheers to a good game tonight; hopefully no one gets hurt (except dookie feelings) and hopefully the Heels win! I'm about to start looking for a bar. #taxreturn

Posted · Report post

About to watch the game with my family tonight (hardcore UNC family). Should be fun. Good luck and here's to no injuries everyone. 

Posted · Report post

Hockey? I always knew you were a yankee

Far from a Yankee but I am patriotic. Go USA!
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Yeah should be a good game hopefully Duke wins but a quick turnaround for both teams so not much time to dwell or celebrate for either team.

Posted · Report post

Walking out the door in 15 mins to Chapel Hill.  I'll post some pics from the game later or if you want to talk some shit on Twitter then it's @RoaringRiot.

Go Heels

Posted · Report post

Good luck everyone. I'll try to keep in mind we're all Panthers fans here. I'll check in after the game for mild gloating or crow eating.

Posted · Report post

Good luck everyone. I'll try to keep in mind we're all Panthers fans here. I'll check in after the game for mild gloating or crow eating.

I'm a falcons fan :D